How much ArA

Herm

Awards
I see people say from 1-2 grams per day. I have run 2 per day with good results, but I am wondering why some say less is necessary, due to the cost id like to make sure I use enough and not waste the potential of it, but I also want to make sure that Im not just wasting my money. The last time I only did 30 days, but I want to do 50 days. If there is anyone who has tried multiple dosages and compared results Id like to know your opinion. Im also kinda wondering if body composition or size matters, Im lean 195lbs 6"0.

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
My stats my last run; 5'10 200lbs

Just to let you know I'm close to you size wise.. I played around with doses and went up to 2g, I've had four runs with ArA and have went up to 2g a previous time as well

I never noticed a difference from 1.5g to 2g. I prefer 1.5g over 1g and it seems a lot of people like that dose

The only real way of knowing, of course, is from personal experience. What works and doesn't for someone may or may not for another. I've seen many people use 2g and swear by it, but I've also seen a lot of people, like myself, saying the difference of 1.5 to 2 is just the cost

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1-1.5 grams a day on workout days if you work out 4 or more times a week.

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
2.5g went well for me

i also lowered it back down to 1.5g last 10 days

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1g was good, but I felt my sweetspot was 1.5g

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I think most are fine with 1g, some say 1.5g is optimal, while some enjoy 2g. I know De__eB likes 2g, while I saw good results at 1g. May try 1.5g next run.

Herm

Awards
Thanks for the feedback, I think ill start at 1.5 and see how it goes and taper up if needed.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6 caps worked the same as 8 for me. 6 caps was way better than 4.

Mike

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
6 caps worked the same as 8 for me. 6 caps was way better than 4.

Mike
this is what i'm going to have to do then, i've been using 4 caps with 1 scoop of hemavol but i'm going to go up to 6 caps to see if i experience better results

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been using 2g an hour or so preworkout for many months now and haven't really seen any particular reason to stop. Keep in mind, I only lift 3-4 days a week, so that might be a bit much for the people working out almost every day.

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
I've been using 2g an hour or so preworkout for many months now and haven't really seen any particular reason to stop. Keep in mind, I only lift 3-4 days a week, so that might be a bit much for the people working out almost every day.
How do you feel 2g betters from 1.5g? I've ran @ 2g before, but never really noticed a difference, but I also was only at 2g for a week or two

Considering 2g from start to finish for my next run

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you feel 2g betters from 1.5g? I've ran @ 2g before, but never really noticed a difference, but I also was only at 2g for a week or two

Considering 2g from start to finish for my next run
It was noted in a couple of studies that while increased oral consumption of arachidonic acid resulted in increased arachidonic acid stores, it did not increase eicosanoid or prostaglandin levels as much at rest. Suggesting that use of arachidonic acid far away from workouts might be rather futile.

I settled at 2g/day just because most studies were using 1g-1.5g every day, and so with 2g EOD I'm still hitting the same total amount of arachidonic acid as was studied.

Your workout is far more important than dose, adjuncts, and exact timing of ArA (or any other supplement)

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
I do 1 gram

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It was noted in a couple of studies that while increased oral consumption of arachidonic acid resulted in increased arachidonic acid stores, it did not increase eicosanoid or prostaglandin levels as much at rest. Suggesting that use of arachidonic acid far away from workouts might be rather futile.

I settled at 2g/day just because most studies were using 1g-1.5g every day, and so with 2g EOD I'm still hitting the same total amount of arachidonic acid as was studied.

Your workout is far more important than dose, adjuncts, and exact timing of ArA (or any other supplement)
^^^

Anywhere between that 1g-2g mark and you will be fine. Diet and training are much more important than spending too much time worrying about ArA dosage :p

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1-1.5g gets my vote.

For nearly ten years we rarely had anybody going over 1g a day and the reviews were still nothing short of spectacular. I've gone up to 1.5g/day with even better results, but have never seen any reason to just keep upping the dose. 2g+ seems a bit excessive.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
1-1.5g gets my vote.

For nearly ten years we rarely had anybody going over 1g a day and the reviews were still nothing short of spectacular. I've gone up to 1.5g/day with even better results, but have never seen any reason to just keep upping the dose. 2g+ seems a bit excessive.
Yeah, 1.5g seems to be where most find an optimal spot. Cost:benefit ratio, 2g may not be worth it for some.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Anyone tried 2.5g upwards?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2g has been the highest i've run, and i didn't notice much to validate the increased cost. Would love to hear from anyone who's run over 2g.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone tried 2.5g upwards?
5g one time didn't give me a headache, just some GI discomfort from that many of the gelcaps and some unpleasant tasting burps. I'd definitely want to have some different format for taking it if I was going to go much over 2g regularly.

In my log I noted that DOMS the next day seemed greater than normal but I wouldn't pass judgement on the effectiveness of something after one use.

FWIW the patent claims doses up to 5.5g.

I've not used more than 2g more than once at a time

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
5g one time didn't give me a headache, just some GI discomfort from that many of the gelcaps and some unpleasant tasting burps. I'd definitely want to have some different format for taking it if I was going to go much over 2g regularly.

In my log I noted that DOMS the next day seemed greater than normal but I wouldn't pass judgement on the effectiveness of something after one use.

FWIW the patent claims doses up to 5.5g.

I've not used more than 2g more than once at a time
5g? Wow. That's a lot of gel caps lol. I'm going to try 2.5 for a very short while and see what happens.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
2g has been the highest i've run, and i didn't notice much to validate the increased cost. Would love to hear from anyone who's run over 2g.
2g here as well. Burm through a tub pretty fast using more than that

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, 1.5g seems to be where most find an optimal spot. Cost:benefit ratio, 2g may not be worth it for some.
Absolutely, we don't recommend over 1.5g/day to any of our X-Factor customers.