Any Creatines that DON'T bloat?

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm tired of getting a huge gut when using creatine, especially with spring and summer coming up?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
creaplex, dymatize micronized, creapure....creatine is intramuscular and not between the muslce and skin, just get a quality creatine product and there isn't bloat

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
creaplex, dymatize micronized, creapure....creatine is intramuscular and not between the muslce and skin, just get a quality creatine product and there isn't bloat
I usually stick with Creapure and that is what is causing the bloat.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yep! lol sucks
Holy crap! You may have just helped me big time! I've been cutting protein, gluten, artificial sweetners, dairy, etc all in an effort to eliminate this unGodly bloated ab area - and it's the freakin creatine!!!!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How long after stopping creatine does it take for your gut to go back to normal?

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This will be highly individual, perhaps try other forms of creatine that require a lesser dosage. Creatine mono is the tried and true form though. For the vast majority of users it is all the shakes and high calorie diets softening them up... then they blame it on the creatine.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
I'm tired of getting a huge gut when using creatine, especially with spring and summer coming up?
I had the same problem and switched to creatine HCL. Problem gone. Supposive high quality brands of mono made no diffetence.

rphash49

Awards
At 5g a day post workout I have no bloat issues. For me 10g a day = bloat.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Last I checked, mono was well-known for GI issues, especially above 5g/day... and there were no additional benefits to supplementing more anyway.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
What makes you think its Creatine over food, visceral fat or posture?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Drop down to 3 grams of try out Creignite.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone who is asking for a creatine that doesn't increase water retention doesn't understand how creatine works. If I see one more creatine advertisement claiming "no bloat" I might go insane

My personal favorite choice is MCC because of the added benefit of magnesium. I will usually add 1g of creatine mono do this to increase my total creatine intake though (MCC is 40% creatine)

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
take smaller amounts through the day and drink plenty of water IMO

rphash49

Awards
I used Sns mcc in the past but I can't find it anymore.... Well not for a reasonable price that is. Any recommended mcc brands?

Edit: might give controled labs green magnitude a shot once I finish my tub of Sns mono.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Genomyx's Creignite is still my favourite MCC.

No bloat, extra goodies, and best tasting watermelon supplement I have ever used.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used Sns mcc in the past but I can't find it anymore.... Well not for a reasonable price that is. Any recommended mcc brands?

Edit: might give controled labs green magnitude a shot once I finish my tub of Sns mono.

Swanson Ultra 100% Pure Creatine MagnaPowder.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Anyone who is asking for a creatine that doesn't increase water retention doesn't understand how creatine works. If I see one more creatine advertisement claiming "no bloat" I might go insane

My personal favorite choice is MCC because of the added benefit of magnesium. I will usually add 1g of creatine mono do this to increase my total creatine intake though (MCC is 40% creatine)
So I guess you're saying PES will be releasing the next "non-bloating - super absorbing - 10x strength increasing - 15lb muscle in 5 days" creatine delivery system?

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
How long after stopping creatine does it take for your gut to go back to normal?
Your bloat doesn't look like its creatine to be honest with you, There is an exercise where you suck in your stomach and hold it for 30-45 seconds but I forget the name of it. Try that it works for me. I've been doing it for years while I drive or whatever and no gut

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Your bloat doesn't look like its creatine to be honest with you, There is an exercise where you suck in your stomach and hold it for 30-45 seconds but I forget the name of it. Try that it works for me. I've been doing it for years while I drive or whatever and no gut
Its called "vacuuming"!

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vacuuming is something I do as I'm standing waiting or driving. Thanks. Still working on what is bloating me. It's only been a week.

As far as creatine bloating goes, I'm leaning toward that as my issue. I'm reading about others that have the same issue. In my case I'm still experimenting. I have a log up in here about my ab distention.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never bloated on any creatine other that intramuscular which makes me look more full and hard.

Mike

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Creatine patches don't make me bloat!!

sheepdog.tx

sheepdog.tx

Awards
Creatine patches don't make me bloat!!
Ya know I have crazy bloat from even Creapure and Con-crete micronized german style creatines but not with the creatine patch, been no bloat so far with it (about 10 days in).

symbianblack

Awards
I never herd of creatine monohydrate IT SELF "bloating" The only time is when the stuff first came on the scene and companies like EAS had the Phosphagen line where you were slammed with close to 50g or more of pure sugar, more than likely refined sugar. Coupled with the fact that it was taught and HARD DRIVIN to practice "loading" creatine the first week 3-4 times a day of 5g doses.... 50g of sugar x's 4 = 200g of sugar per day for 7 days and thats not counting your diet (Phosphagen Elite had Total Carbohydrate 68g 23% Sugars 66g so Imagine that 4 times a day for 7 days loading). Research has shown that loading isn't needed at all. Also studies has only shown creatine MONOHYDRATE to work and work well. It does not hold water in the organs or subcutaneous skin layer but inter muscular. A HYDRATED (muscle) cell is an ANABOLIC cell. You have people in they're CONTEST PREP doing NATURAL shows lean and shredded on creatine monohydrate. You have women running Monohydrate for a year straight

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
It does not hold water in the organs
"Creatine has the propensity to draw water into the body compartment where it is found. If the body compartment in question is the large intestine, then excessive water absorption may lead to diarrhea and intestinal cramps." Drinking enough water fixes this.

http://www.creatinemonohydrate.net/creatine-side-effects
...interestingly, this site only recommends like 2.2g/day for a dude kenpo's size

sheepdog.tx

sheepdog.tx

Awards
I never herd of creatine monohydrate IT SELF "bloating" The only time is when the stuff first came on the scene and companies like EAS had the Phosphagen line where you were slammed with close to 50g or more of pure sugar, more than likely refined sugar. Coupled with the fact that it was taught and HARD DRIVIN to practice "loading" creatine the first week 3-4 times a day of 5g doses.... 50g of sugar x's 4 = 200g of sugar per day for 7 days and thats not counting your diet (Phosphagen Elite had Total Carbohydrate 68g 23% Sugars 66g so Imagine that 4 times a day for 7 days loading). Research has shown that loading isn't needed at all. Also studies has only shown creatine MONOHYDRATE to work and work well. It does not hold water in the organs or subcutaneous skin layer but inter muscular. A HYDRATED (muscle) cell is an ANABOLIC cell. You have people in they're CONTEST PREP doing NATURAL shows lean and shredded on creatine monohydrate. You have women running Monohydrate for a year straight
While this is all true there was also alot of non-micronized and other low quality creatine put out that gave it a bad rep. With me I took creatine with my normal sugar intake post WO, still have issues, even with no loading phase. Some people are just sensitive to it. For me the patches seem to work without the bloat though.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
...interestingly, this site only recommends like 2.2g/day for a dude kenpo's size
Thanks KrisL. I'm dosing Creatine Mono at 1g (it's in a PWO I'm logging). It's good to know the recommended is 2.2g.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
While this is all true there was also alot of non-micronized and other low quality creatine put out that gave it a bad rep. With me I took creatine with my normal sugar intake post WO, still have issues, even with no loading phase. Some people are just sensitive to it. For me the patches seem to work without the bloat though.
Right on. Some people just can't handle it and some people can. It is always nice to give a suggestion on creatine alternatives such as the patches.

symbianblack

Awards
Well I dont know then...... Because I run 5g pre and 5g post with fruit carbs/sugars and I have no bloat. I even take 5g on off days just to maintenance. I guess some people get bloated??

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Creatine is water weight. And mono gets the best absorption and is way cheaper than all the fancy overpriced BS creatine.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I guess some people get bloated??
Asside from immediately controllable factors like hydration, people also differ vastly in gut bacteria, which would explain how you're fine, but large amounts of fructose will upset others.