Cold sore supplement issue

Deadgame

Awards
The issue I'm having is with the following supplements: arginine, agmatine and citrulline malate. As a brief overview... Arginine has been giving me frequent cold sores.... As in every other month vs once every few years. I know this because it started happening when I started using it.... The issue with agmatine is that although not arginine, it is what your body converts arginine into, skipping that step that arginine has to making it much more potent. The issue with citrulline malate is that it turns into arginine or enhances it in the body. So everything goes back to the dreaded arginine.

These are the products I'm taking that contain these products:

Agmatine by itself 1000mg
Dymatize Protein containing arginine
creatine itself that contains arginine
citrulline malate itself 3000mg
xtend Bcaas containing citrulline.

I want to show all the steps I plan to take to wean off the products with hoping to at least continue to take some form of any of the products because let me tell you that are helping me with my workouts:

1. Take less doses

2. If still persists Stop taking agmatine

3. If still persists start taking lysine with dymatize protein and creatine that contains arginine.

4. If still persists stop taking dymatize and take allmax protein that has no arginine.

5. If still persists stop taking creatine.

If still persists See if just citrulline causes break outs:

6. If so, stop taking citrulline and products containing it such as xtend and take one of those mentioned below.

There are bcaa products that don't contain citrulline.... Allmax, universal nutrition, dymatize and optimum nutrition all good for Bcaas

All thoughts welcomed!!!!!!

Deadgame

Awards
Yes I have.... And it works! My understanding is that lysine counteracts the arginine making it null in the body. I don't like the idea of taking a supplement (ex agmatine) only to remove or inhibit it with another supplement (lysine).

Id rather not take any of the products (agmatine, arginine and/or cit mal) I'm potentially having an issue with if I have to take lysine to counteract it.

I'm hoping I can figure it it before getting to my lysine step which is #3.

Younglifter16

Awards
arginine seems to be a major issue in cold sores, and it does next to nothing for performance enhancement. I would cut that out first and see what happens. So unless you're taking it for some health benefit, scrap it.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
ive dealt with cold sores my whole life, always supplement with lysine and agmatine causes me no troubles. get one maybe once a year now if that

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
Ill let you guys in on something, look up BHT.
I tried everything was prescribed valtrex pills zovirax cream, when nothing seemed to work after 3 years BHT practically cured me from cold sores.
completely srs

Now i can take all the arginine, citrulline i want and not have to worry about it.

Take 700 mgs a day for a couple weeks, then 350mgs for a couple more weeks and your good to go for a long time.

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
Butylated hydroxytoluene. It's a food preservative. All I'm telling u is after years if embarrasment I was willing to try anything and this worked like a miracle 10x better than valtrex or other prescriptions I tried that I went thru like candy to no avail.

Deadgame

Awards
I read up on the BHT. Sounds like something I can benefit from. Where did you buy it from?

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
i dont recall the site i used to get it from as i have only needed to order 1 bottle and i swear it cured me of the lesions at least lol.

the brand was: Complementary Prescriptions - BHT 350 mg 100 vcaps

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dustin07 General Chat 9
Anabolics 13
jjohn Supplements 21
Supplements 14
Anabolics 13