HEMAVOL {and similar products} EMPTY Stomach? CATABOLI

justeat

justeat

Awards
  • Established
I've just purchased iForce Hemavol, and have read it's most effective taken on an empty stomach, about 30-45 mins before a workout. I would assume this goes for most other similar no2/pump products.

HOWEVER.... Is it just me or does something seem off with this?

Who goes to the gym on an empty stomach like without eating for 2-3 hours? Wouldn't that put a normal person in a pretty catabolic state? Besides the fact that your blood sugar will be low, and generally just not much energy. I understand that the product produces best effects on an empty stomach, but at what cost? (Granted I'm not suggesting stuffing yourself and then hitting the gym)

Anyhow, what are your thoughts on this? Is it worth going to the gym on an amity stomach/catabolic- just to get some "pump" and vasodilation? I feel like there has to be some middle ground here.

Any input would be appreciated.

Ps... I'm not sure whether to be surprised or disturbed that this question hasn't arisen yet (from what I've seen).

Thanks dAwwwgs.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Over thinking it. Plenty of people work out in a fasted state (empty stomach). Training 2 hours following a pre-workout meal will not put you in a catabolic state anyways.

justeat

justeat

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps you are correct. Just curious, have you ever taken Hemavol?

I'm currently stacking it with (new formula) anabeta elite, CM, and regenerate (forgot brand, but it's an IGF-1 precursor) ... Hoping for some nice gains.

Either way thanks for the quick reply man, appreciate it.

justeat

justeat

Awards
  • Established
Also, so you think taking it with a pre workout protein shake would lessen its effects? I was thinking of taking casein about 2 hours before workout so it'll clear my stomach, but still keep my muscles fed.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Perhaps you are correct. Just curious, have you ever taken Hemavol? I'm currently stacking it with (new formula) anabeta elite, CM, and regenerate (forgot brand, but it's an IGF-1 precursor) ... Hoping for some nice gains. Either way thanks for the quick reply man, appreciate it.
Yes I have, but has been a while.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Your not going to go catabolic if you don't eat every few hours. I regularly lift 4-5hrs after I eat. Still on the gain train.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
hemavol works great with or with out a empty stomach.. I actually find the thing that makes a difference, is how much water you ingest with it. I try to get 32 oz with my hemavol (I like 2 scoops). you can easily eat 2-3 hrs prior to your lift if youd like, and still get great effects from hemavol!

Kingjake

Kingjake

Awards
I lift in the morning 12-13 into fasting took hemavol then my pre work n BCAAs. The pumps were great I agree the water thing^ the more water I drank while lifting the more swole I felt..

P.s. I do the intermittent fasting thing.

justeat

justeat

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff, thanks for the input guys. Today and onward I'll be taking them about 1.5 hours after eating....just the way my schedule goes.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yep water is the most important aspect when it comes to how effect hemavol will be

the only time i've ever felt any problems when training is when i trained in the morning and lifted on an empty stomach.....i was doing chest and got really shaky....this was years ago though

Swolljaboi

Awards
I started training in the am on an empty stomach with HIIT cardio afterwards about 2 months ago. I have felt better consistently and have seen more fat loss and actually increased strength since then. I prefer it.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I always try to eat 1.5 hours prior to taking a pre-workout, and end up working out about 2 hours after I eat. Whether it be Hemavol or any other pre-workout this protocol has worked best for me.

BeyondLimits3

BeyondLimits3

Awards
I started training in the am on an empty stomach with HIIT cardio afterwards about 2 months ago. I have felt better consistently and have seen more fat loss and actually increased strength since then. I prefer it.
Me too minus HIT but i do Low intensity walking for 15 minutes after and feel great.

More energy, greater fat loss, and a full day of eating to replenish nutrients. Definitely recommended for anyone with higher body percentages.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For me, the pre-workout supp effects are definitely stronger when I lift in the am and haven't eaten for 10 hours. In this situation I take my pre-workout 45-60 min before, then I take a whey shake + small fruit 25 minutes before. Lifting at other times, I do always try to wait 2 hours after a meal to take PWO and if I'm hungry I'll wait 15-20 minutes and have a shake.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I regularly train in a semi-fasted state and have had no issues. I take hemavol on my way to the gym along with KNO3 and I am ready to kill it. Plus taking it a little closer to the time I am in the gym makes sure I am still killing it after an hr of training.

justeat

justeat

Awards
  • Established
Damn you guys are crazy I could never go to the gym so early without eating, I feel like I'd faint. Guess it's all what your used to though.

A friend of mine was in the cutting phase for a competition and would do cardio upon waking, with only a whey shake to prevent muscle breakdown, but otherwise burn they he'll outta the fat stores. ... Something to keep in mind for cutting in a month or two though lol.

Again, thanks for the input. I've Been out the game for a year or so, and the supplement market has evolved so much, I feel like such a noob

justeat

justeat

Awards
  • Established
I always try to eat 1.5 hours prior to taking a pre-workout, and end up working out about 2 hours after I eat. Whether it be Hemavol or any other pre-workout this protocol has worked best for me.

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]This is pretty much where I'm at now, and I agree. Good time window.[/FONT]

justeat

justeat

Awards
  • Established
And the pump is just like nothing I've ever seen in terms of keeping the swole on for hours after the gym... Something additional to a regular pwo or arginine based. Supp. (I just started an upper/lower split so the pump on upper days is really just... Fantastic lol :147:)

I also take it with SAN brand CM2- creatine nitrate, beta alanine and arginine... So between the two supps the pump is great....and stim free! (For a nice change)

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've used hemavol for a long time now and what I can tell you, is that everyone responds differently. Some need an empty stomach, some don't. I do agree that you are over thinking this. I go to the gym with an empty stomach frequently but not always. I never eat within 45 minutes of hemavol though. Proper hydration prior to, and while taking hemavol is whats most important IMO.

I wouldn't stress about it. Try it with you typical routine and see what happens before you start thinking to much.

Mike

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
And the pump is just like nothing I've ever seen in terms of keeping the swole on for hours after the gym... Something additional to a regular pwo or arginine based. Supp. (I just started an upper/lower split so the pump on upper days is really just... Fantastic lol :147:)

I also take it with SAN brand CM2- creatine nitrate, beta alanine and arginine... So between the two supps the pump is great....and stim free! (For a nice change)
yes the long period of swole is incredible!! I love that about it more than any one thing... except maybe some of the delightful flavors!

Natty teen

Natty teen

Awards
If you want a retarded pump man use Athletix high volume. Best pre ever.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hemavol is a good product. Used it a few times in the past. I also enjoy maximize from time to time. Especially grape ;)

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
but it is a knock off of hemavol no?
I wouldn't deem it as a knock off of Hemavol, as most stim free products have some variation of the ingredients Hemavol utilized. Innovation is difficult with pump products I would imagine.

Warthog13

Awards
No. Not a knock off at all.
Like he said, limited ingredients with non stim pump.
Check the formula. It's intense.

View attachment 97834
Thanks for posting the label. I'm running X-Gels right now and using AS's GMS with it but it doesn't mix well at all. After my jar is finished, I might give High Volume a try based on its GSM content.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn you guys are crazy I could never go to the gym so early without eating, I feel like I'd faint. Guess it's all what your used to though.

A friend of mine was in the cutting phase for a competition and would do cardio upon waking, with only a whey shake to prevent muscle breakdown, but otherwise burn they he'll outta the fat stores. ... Something to keep in mind for cutting in a month or two though lol.

Again, thanks for the input. I've Been out the game for a year or so, and the supplement market has evolved so much, I feel like such a noob
If one constantly trains fasted, it is easy to get used to. The supplement industry has changed and so has the science behind nutrition, I would advise to read up on nutrition now as well after going through this thread. As someone said earlier, no need to over think things.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for posting the label. I'm running X-Gels right now and using AS's GMS with it but it doesn't mix well at all. After my jar is finished, I might give High Volume a try based on its GSM content.
Definitely, not to mention all of the other great benefits of the product.