Got X-Factor Advanced. Should I have got the original?

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Been debating on whether or not to get some ArA (due to money) but I decided to go ahead and order.

NP only had one bottle original XF left so I went ahead and got two bottles XFA.. But before ordering I noticed most people on the forums prefer the original.

Did I miss out on something or am I good to go?

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
X-Factor Advanced is a great product. You didn't miss out. Some people calm the original is more effective but I have never found that to be true.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
No, you're fine. Most people opt for XFA if they suffered from achy joints when using the original (XF).

Good to go!

TheNietzsche

TheNietzsche

Awards
It seems that some around here believe that the Omega 3 in the Advanced version partially (or completely?) negate the benefits of ArA supplementation. I tend to agree with this line of thinking so typically go with pure ArA X-Factor OG or X-Gels.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It seems that some around here believe that the Omega 3 in the Advanced version partially (or completely?) negate the benefits of ArA supplementation. I tend to agree with this line of thinking so typically go with pure ArA X-Factor OG or X-Gels.
What's the reasoning behind that thinking?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
What's the reasoning behind that thinking?
Its also do do with competition issues between n3's and n6's with n3's blocking metabolism of Ara.

gymratluke

gymratluke

Board Sponsor
Awards
One is anti-inflammatory, one is pro-inflammatory.

As others have said, you're fine with XFA.
I just dont get why they would put the Omegas in there if it was really conterproductive. I understand that ones an AI and ones a PI, but it doesnt seem to have any negative effects for me. I have taken the XFA and still took 4 grams fishoil AM/PM and experienced amazing gains.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you should be allright .. i would prefer XF or Xgels

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
One is anti-inflammatory, one is pro-inflammatory.

As others have said, you're fine with XFA.
I know that the omega 3 in fish oil is anti-inflammatory but would it really be enough to elicit an anti inflammatory response? In regards to the amount found in XFA.

I just can't imagine it's enough omega 3 to cause a marked anti-inflammatory response.

I think all of this is speculation and trying to deduce answers from axiomatic data (i.e, omega 3 has anti-inflammatory effects, ect..). There is no science in assuming things based on other things. And stuff.

Thanks for the responses

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know that the omega 3 in fish oil is anti-inflammatory but would it really be enough to elicit an anti inflammatory response? In regards to the amount found in XFA. I just can't imagine it's enough omega 3 to cause a marked anti-inflammatory response. I think all of this is speculation and trying to deduce answers from axiomatic data (i.e, omega 3 has anti-inflammatory effects, ect..). There is no science in assuming things based on other things. And stuff. Thanks for the responses
Run the XFA and then take a break and run XF and see if you feel any difference. Everyone is different and some say they love XFA and others love XF.

xLGx

Awards
I know that the omega 3 in fish oil is anti-inflammatory but would it really be enough to elicit an anti inflammatory response? In regards to the amount found in XFA.

I just can't imagine it's enough omega 3 to cause a marked anti-inflammatory response.

I think all of this is speculation and trying to deduce answers from axiomatic data (i.e, omega 3 has anti-inflammatory effects, ect..). There is no science in assuming things based on other things. And stuff.

Thanks for the responses
There's no science in competitive inhibition of fatty acids? First I'm hearing about this.

Gains on XF, X-Gels >>> XFA, by a long shot. That's not to say I didn't make any on XFA, but ArA solo was far superior.

Reactions: mw1
TheNietzsche

TheNietzsche

Awards
There's no science in competitive inhibition of fatty acids? First I'm hearing about this.

Gains on XF, X-Gels >>> XFA, by a long shot. That's not to say I didn't make any on XFA, but ArA solo was far superior.
This.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Anecdotal.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

xLGx

Awards
I just dont get why they would put the Omegas in there if it was really conterproductive. I understand that ones an AI and ones a PI, but it doesnt seem to have any negative effects for me. I have taken the XFA and still took 4 grams fishoil AM/PM and experienced amazing gains.
If you were the owner of MN and the one downside of your otherwise amazing product was the joint pain caused by inflammation, wouldn't you create another SKU (Advanced sells the consumer on less joint pain than the original, with the exact same results!) to cash in on?

It's marketing business 101.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you were the owner of MN and the one downside of your otherwise amazing product was the joint pain caused by inflammation, wouldn't you create another SKU (Advanced sells the consumer on less joint pain than the original, with the exact same results!) to cash in on?

It's marketing business 101.
Bingo...maybe they should change the name from Anabolic Minds to Amazing Minds:)

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The anecdote is people claiming that they got equal gains from each. The science is the data showing that omega 3s block metabolism of ArA
Link to study?

You can't just throw the word 'science' out there and leave it at that lol

If you're invoking data you've seen then link me to it. Please.

Reactions: mw1
Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I get tired of bro science or people simply reading **** off of Wikipedia and spreading it around as if they did the experiments themselves.

If people have read studies, then show it. Simple and far more helpful than assuming others just take advice at face value.

xLGx

Awards
Yeah Coop, your word =/= scientific fact. Stop throwing around the science word and link AT LEAST 5 studies before we take this seriously.

xLGx

Awards
I get tired of bro science or people simply reading **** off of Wikipedia and spreading it around as if they did the experiments themselves.

If people have read studies, then show it. Simple and far more helpful than assuming others just take advice at face value.
Broscience? Did you even go to HS?

Even if you weren't taking ArA, dosing antioxidants and anti-inflammatories periworkout is about the dumbest thing you can do where hypertrophy is concerned. Don't be mad that you spent top dollar on an inferior product.

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
Xfactor advanced is a good product. Tons of people have used it, gotten great results, and love it. While some people notice a more pronounced effect with the original Xfactor I don't see a difference in results, just less side effects with Advanced.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I get tired of bro science or people simply reading **** off of Wikipedia and spreading it around as if they did the experiments themselves. If people have read studies, then show it. Simple and far more helpful than assuming others just take advice at face value.
Do you not know how to search for yourself?

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Link to study?

You can't just throw the word 'science' out there and leave it at that lol

If you're invoking data you've seen then link me to it. Please.
Coop is not going to throw around bs claims without something to back it up. ;)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

If Cooper is the spreader of bro-science or a wiki hound, then everything I've been told is a lie. Fortunately, AM has an advanced search function you can use with the keywords "Arachidonic acid AND omega 3" with the user as Mr.cooper69 or other such word combinations. "Ara AND omega 3" might return interesting info as well.

MN has og XF which is a great product. Unfortunately their incorporation of fish oil (which one could purchase independently anyway) into XFA is means that the products potential is hindered.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Lol.... if both is at 250mgs/40% then whats the difference?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Link to study? You can't just throw the word 'science' out there and leave it at that lolIf you're invoking data you've seen then link me to it. Please.
You know I ALWAYS link data. In this case, this isn't something you find in a study, though I'm sure you can. It's rudimentary biochem/physiology that you learn in schooling...I'm sure if you get a biochem textbook you can read a chapter on fatty acid cell signaling related to this

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

I hope this isn't directed towards me. If you know a single member on this forum who has posted more scientific literature than me, please tell me who. This isn't me bragging, but if this is intended to call me out, perhaps you should check my post history first.

I'm currently taking the hardest pre clinical course in med school so my time and energy is at an all time low. I'd encourage you to do the research yourself first and then contact me if there are questions that you can't find an answer for

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
There are unlikely to be ARA studies with this exact scenario it is still an emerging supplement gaining popularity.

Again what has been said thus far is true.

The whole basis of ARA's effectiveness is around the fact that it enhances the inflammation induced during exercise

The basis of Omega3's is exactly the opposite.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you not know how to search for yourself?
When someone way more knowledgeable states something new and different from what I know, this is the first thing I do.
Much better than looking like a dumbass.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope this isn't directed towards me. If you know a single member on this forum who has posted more scientific literature than me, please tell me who. This isn't me bragging, but if this is intended to call me out, perhaps you should check my post history first.

I'm currently taking the hardest pre clinical course in med school so my time and energy is at an all time low. I'd encourage you to do the research yourself first and then contact me if there are questions that you can't find an answer for
Sheeeet coop, you an I both know its easier to talk crap an ask to be spoon fed than to put the time into finding AND reading data based research.
C'mon man, all that studying has got you Cray Cray.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To answer the question in the title, I'd say yes, you should have.
But you got it, so use it.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When it's all said and done OP, you will still get great results. I love ArA

Just started my second run with ArA and endosurge this week :)

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established

No buddy, it was just in general. Sorry, should have specified so I didn't sound like such an ass.

But I still hate "bro knowledge." lol

I took a few physiology classes at my university. I'm not doubting your schooling or anything, but sometimes random people throw out very specific things and most of the time I think they're full of ****. It's either something they copied from Wikipedia or just something they saw and regurgitated. I'm no physiology expert but I think most people are full of **** just trying to come across as intelligent.

Thanks for the help.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
No buddy, it was just in general. Sorry, should have specified so I didn't sound like such an ass.

I took a few physiology classes at my university. I'm not doubting your schooling or anything, but sometimes random people throw out very specific things and most of the time I think they're full of ****. It's either something they copied from Wikipedia or just something they saw and regurgitated. I'm no physiology expert but I think most people are full of **** just trying to come across as intelligent.

Thanks for the help.
Well the nice thing about your physio background is that it will help you understand what you read when you do your own research. Use it to your advantage!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Thanks for the help.
You realise that every time you read a study, listen to a lecturer or whatnot and then you present their findings, you are regurgitating their information? Are you stating that everything you have learnt has come from your own studies/ analysis? I doubt it.

Being skeptical is good, being an a** isnt :)

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
There are unlikely to be ARA studies with this exact scenario it is still an emerging supplement gaining popularity.

Again what has been said thus far is true.

The whole basis of ARA's effectiveness is around the fact that it enhances the inflammation induced during exercise

The basis of Omega3's is exactly the opposite.
I think the majority is looking to what extent that omega 3 would inhibit efficacy of said product and not if it does have an inhibitory effect. There has to be a level, 10, 20, 50, 100% etc. Obviously it isn't 100% because that would render the new rendition completely void which we know it is not true since both versions work albeit the latter not as effective as the first.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hope this isn't directed towards me. If you know a single member on this forum who has posted more scientific literature than me, please tell me who. This isn't me bragging, but if this is intended to call me out, perhaps you should check my post history first. I'm currently taking the hardest pre clinical course in med school so my time and energy is at an all time low. I'd encourage you to do the research yourself first and then contact me if there are questions that you can't find an answer for
lol at this kid

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You realise that every time you read a study, listen to a lecturer or whatnot and then you present their findings, you are regurgitating their information? Are you stating that everything you have learnt has come from your own studies/ analysis? I doubt it.

Being skeptical is good, being an a** isnt :)
Cross referencing works occasionally.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No, you're fine. Most people opt for XFA if they suffered from achy joints when using the original (XF).

Good to go!
Good to go indeed! XFA is the higher seller for us, for good reason.