Unbound HMB

cmr989

cmr989

Awards
Anyone been following the production or release of the new form of hmb? I actually called the professor at Iowa state last year and he felt it would be Ava this year but I haven't seen or heard anything else. It's supposed to be significantly better do to uptake and absorption. Comparison to regular hmb were pretty significant. Anyhow if anyone's heard anything please post. Thanks

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Anyone been following the production or release of the new form of hmb? I actually called the professor at Iowa state last year and he felt it would be Ava this year but I haven't seen or heard anything else. It's supposed to be significantly better do to uptake and absorption. Comparison to regular hmb were pretty significant. Anyhow if anyone's heard anything please post. Thanks
I haven't heard of this. Is there any literature available?

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of HMB...I've been reading alot of positive articles on it and was thinking of trying it especially where it's supposed to shine for those who are cutting like myself. And the fact that alot of folks over 40, like myself, have benefited tremendously since being on it.

With that being said, I'm curious too to hear more about this unbound HMB.

cmr989

cmr989

Awards
Yeah it's called hmb free acid. If you google that there are some new write ups from the last year or two. I don't think it's anything earth shattering but def seems to be an improvement on the calcium bound/original version. Anyhow if anyone finds out when it's released or for sake let me know I'm guessing should be soon?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Initial data on free-form HMB was pretty good, but the latest study had pretty disappointing results.

On a caloric surplus it was modestly increasing gains, but this was in the absence of leucine/protein supplementation. Those are obviously cheaper, and if you're on a surplus you're probably not worried about the calories from protein, or just supplementing with leucine.

On a caloric deficit it was lowering lean mass, and reduced fat loss. Which is of course the opposite of what you want happening.

Stick with protein/leucine.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Initial data on free-form HMB was pretty good, but the latest study had pretty disappointing results.

On a caloric surplus it was modestly increasing gains, but this was in the absence of leucine/protein supplementation. Those are obviously cheaper, and if you're on a surplus you're probably not worried about the calories from protein, or just supplementing with leucine.

On a caloric deficit it was lowering lean mass, and reduced fat loss. Which is of course the opposite of what you want happening.

Stick with protein/leucine.
Thanks for schooling us amigo. Much appreciated.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't buy into the marketing, its garbage.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 26
Supplements 22
Supplements 2
GreenMachineX Supplements 11
buster0371 Get Diesel Nutrition 3