So what amount of forskolin?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Initial studies showed 50mg to be effective, so that is what I like to consider the minimum most should aim for. More recent studies showed benefits at 100mg so that is why there are many who recommend up to that level. Beyond that I don't think anything above 100mg is necessary especially when factoring in benefits vs cost at this time.

A

amarula

Awards
Be careful with the low % brands tough, because can more easily distress your gut

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Cost:benefit ratio comes into play over 100mg.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Be careful with the low % brands tough, because can more easily distress your gut
Actually I'm pretty sure higher extracts don't mean less GI distress. Neuron (on this forum known as Ironfist) posted about it.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Actually I'm pretty sure higher extracts don't mean less GI distress. Neuron (on this forum known as Ironfist) posted about it.
Interesting. Maybe user dependant because 40% destroyed me

Z

z28spd

Awards
this, i still get da explosive sheets with f-95 at 100mg

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That dose was effective, but that doesn't mean there isn't a more effective dose. The feedback I've heard tends to be closer to 100 mg. Also, the study you posted was done in obese men and body composition improvements in that group could very well differ from what the average member here would be looking for.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If you do come across that post, you should link us to it.

M

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Forskolin Study:

Forskolin is a highly versatile compound extracted from the Ayurvedic herb, Coleus Forskholii. The main mechanism of action that leads to its slew of health benefits is its ability to activate Adenlyate Cyclase and therefore increasing levels of cyclic adenosine mono phosphate [1].
Firstly, increases in cAMP have been shown to activate PI3K & AKT independent of insulin [2]. These increases then lead to a downstream up regulation of MTOR. What this means for the consumer is an increase in muscle protein synthesis, mitochondrial biogenesis, and lipid metabolism [3, 4], which is innately anti-catabolic/anabolic.

Secondly, it is known that Luteinizing Hormone stimulates cAMP in the testes which plays a role in the level of testosterone produced [5]. Forskolin’s increase in cAMP does not exclude cells in the testes and therefore can lead to a natural increase in total testosterone.
Clinical Significance”

A) In a study utilizing healthy, non-obese volunteers, subjects were given an equivalent of 100 mg Forskolin every day over the course of 8 weeks. At the end of the 8 weeks there was an average loss of approximately 2 lbs of pure fat mass, and a high of approximately 4 lbs of pure fat mass, without any additional changes in diet or exercise. [6]

B) In a study involving overweight/obese men, subjects were provided with 50 mg total Forskolin for 12 weeks. This protocol led to decreases in total fat mass, increase in bone density, lean body mass, and free testosterone. [7]

C) In a study investigating Coleus Forskohlii’s effect on hypertension, the study noticed at 2.6% decrease in BMI within two months of usage. [8]

[1] Litosch I, et al. Forskolin as an activator of cyclic AMP accumulation and lipolysis in rat adipocytes. Mol Pharmacol. (1982)
[2] Filippa N, et al. Mechanism of protein kinase B activation by cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase. Mol Cell Biol. (1999)
[3] Costford SR, et al. Skeletal muscle NAMPT is induced by exercise in humans. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. (2010)
[4] Sparks LM, et al. Remodeling lipid metabolism and improving insulin responsiveness in human primary myotubes. PLoS One. (2011)
[5] Gilchrist R, et al. The Luteinizing Hormone/Chorionic Gonadotropin Receptor Has Distinct Transmembrane Conductors for cAMP and Inositol Phosphate Signals. J of Biological Chemistry (1996).
[6] Kamohara S, et al. A Coleus Forskohlii extract improves body composition in healthy volunteers: An open-label trial. Personalized Medicene University (2013).
[7] Godard MP, et al. Body composition and hormonal adaptations associated with forskolin consumption in overweight and obese men. Obes Res (2005)
[8] Madhavi Jagtap, et al. Clinical efficacy of Coleus forskohlii (Willd.) Briq. (Makandi) in hypertension of geriatric populatin. Journal of Research in Ayurveda (2011).
I noticed great effects at dosing it for 100mg for 8 weeks. I should have probably extended it to 12 weeks, but I ran out. Be warned though, it cleaned me out pretty well but I didn't mind haha. But it seems to be effective at 50mg as well.

B

boogyman

Awards
I think im gonna try 75mgs for 8 weeks, dosing with Norcodrene and ALCAR.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think im gonna try 75mgs for 8 weeks, dosing with Norcodrene and ALCAR.
I like the sound of that combo. How do you plan on splitting the dosing for all three?

B

boogyman

Awards
I like the sound of that combo. How do you plan on splitting the dosing for all three?
2 Norco on waking, 1 five hours later

Forskolin95...1 cap with each dose of Norco, with the last additional cap late afternoon.

Alcar...2 500 mg caps with each Norco dose ...I like taking it with stims.

I also gave a leftover bottle of Shift i may use for the last four weeks of the 8 week run.

B

boogyman

Awards
Been taking 75 mgs a day.

I adjusted my dosing to make it 50 mgs with the first dose of Norcodrine and 25 mgs with the second. Zero sides so far. No GI issues.

I may up it to 100mgs. Should I do 50 mgs twice a day or spread it out? I prefer to do it twice a day so I wont miss doses as I tend to when stuff is spread out.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been taking 75 mgs a day. I adjusted my dosing to make it 50 mgs with the first dose of Norcodrine and 25 mgs with the second. Zero sides so far. No GI issues. I may up it to 100mgs. Should I do 50 mgs twice a day or spread it out? I prefer to do it twice a day so I wont miss doses as I tend to when stuff is spread out.
Keep dosing as you are by taking Forskolin with you Norcodrene doses. So just go 50mg with both doses.