Who's lowered their blood pressure with an OTC supplement?

F

fasttaker

Awards
I've heard about Hawthorn, coq10, and garlic. Has anyone here actually lowered their blood pressure with these or any other OTC products? What was the dosage and how long did it take? I'm also wondering if some short cardio bouts throughout the week will help much. My blood pressure tonight read 142/96 and I'm not currently taking any PH's or stimulants other than caffeine in the morning and pwo's in the afternoon 3 days a week. Wondering if I need to see a doctor and get something prescribed. I would take a baby aspirin each day, but I've been reading about NSAIDS interfering with protein synthesis. Thanks.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Potassium Nitrate from iForce Nutrition will lower your blood pressure very effectively.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Potassium Nitrate from iForce Nutrition will lower your blood pressure very effectively.
yes, potassium nitrate is known to reduce blood pressure

other things i've had success with are grape seed extract, hawthorne, and celery seed extract

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hawthorne
agmatine
potassium nitrate
celery seed

all work very well.

F

fasttaker

Awards
Okay, thanks everyone. I didn't know about the potassium nitrate.

P

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
Celery seed extract works amazing for me, fast too!

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Red yeast rice
Celery seed extract

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I used AI life support for a month and took a blood glucose, Blood pressure, and Triglyceride test at my work and my results improved. Can confirm.

KimChee75

KimChee75

Awards
Celery seed extract-2 caps a day
coq10 100mg twice a day
garlic 1000mg 4 a day
fish oils 7-10 a day
magnesium/potassium 3 tabs 2-3x a day

U

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you should look into hibiscus tea.st examine.com there are studies quoted where it showed to be as effective as rx meds

V

Vj63

Banned
Awards
you should look into hibiscus tea.st examine.com there are studies quoted where it showed to be as effective as rx meds
I agree. If these are common readings for the OP, garlic and hibiscus are the only 2 supplements that would be most likely be effective enough to get his numbers into a healthier range although the cause of the high blood pressure would determine what would be the best route. An rx for a low dose of Lisinopril would be my choice- once a day plus kidney protective qualities.
Diet and lifestyle modifications would be the first line of treatment, but if that diastolic is staying in the upper 90's on a regular basis I would look into the addition of some bp lowering agent until it gets into a healthier range.

F

fasttaker

Awards
Okay, thanks everyone. But I just went ahead and saw a cardiologist today and got prescribed a low dose BP med. Gives me more piece of mind. I'll remember the garlic and hibiscus though, but for now the doc said not to **** with any OTC supps for BP.

V

Vj63

Banned
Awards
Okay, thanks everyone. But I just went ahead and saw a cardiologist today and got prescribed a low dose BP med. Gives me more piece of mind. I'll remember the garlic and hibiscus though, but for now the doc said not to **** with any OTC supps for BP.
Probably a wise mood. What did he put you on?

2011Roush

2011Roush

Awards
My blood pressure was always high, 150's over high 90's. I started taking omega 3, Hawthorne, and coq10 and have seen a significant drop. My blood pressure is now high 120's over high 80's. This was over a 90 day period. I would of never thought just by taking otc pulls would of helped that much. I take the NOW brand pills and have been pleased with them.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You blood pressure was slightly high for one reading and now your on BP medication?. Blood pressure varies so much you should really have waited and taken different readings at different times of day....One high reading doesn't mean you have high blood pressure.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see nothing wrong with BP medication prescribed by your doctor, but I would have thought the doctor would take more time with the readings before putting you on medication. I don't know the whole story though, and it's possible you did do multiple readings over a month or so and figured out an average bp reading for yourself.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I see nothing wrong with BP medication prescribed by your doctor, but I would have thought the doctor would take more time with the readings before putting you on medication. I don't know the whole story though, and it's possible you did do multiple readings over a month or so and figured out an average bp reading for yourself.
He says he has a history of high BP, which is no doubt in the doctor's medical records.

V

Vj63

Banned
Awards
OP, After seeing some of your other threads I can assure you that this prohormone garbage you seem to dabble in is not going to be an effective treatment for hypertension. But I bet you knew that already.

X

xLGx

Awards
I take 1/2 dose of CEL Cycle Assist every day for general health, and a decent amount of nitrates preworkout.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When I'm on aromatizing compounds, I always take hawthorn berry and celery seed extract. They have definitely helped to control blood pressure.

F

fasttaker

Awards
Probably a wise mood. What did he put you on?
Amlodipine besylate, 5mg.
You blood pressure was slightly high for one reading and now your on BP medication?. Blood pressure varies so much you should really have waited and taken different readings at different times of day....One high reading doesn't mean you have high blood pressure.
I actually have been monitoring it for a while. It's been high, I just finally decided I needed to do something.
OP, After seeing some of your other threads I can assure you that this prohormone garbage you seem to dabble in is not going to be an effective treatment for hypertension. But I bet you knew that already.
You're right, it's not. I do know that. But I haven't taken anything in more than a month. I won't lie though, I do plan on running another cycle pretty soon, if my BP manages to get into a normal range. The one I was on wasn't **** - pretty sure it was either bunk or very underdosed.

I appreciate all the replies. Will be keeping garlic and celery seed in mind for the future, but for now I'm just letting the prescribed med do its own thing.

V

Vj63

Banned
Awards
Amlodipine besylate, 5mg.
That is somewhat surprising, calcium channel blockers usually come in a bit farther down the line behind diurectics and ACE/Angio antagonists these days, but I'm sure your Dr. has a reason for that choice. Make sure you are aware of any potential sides and don't hesitate to let you Dr. know. There are a lot of possibilities that may work.
Main thing is to keep a regular check on your bp, it easy to check and treat and does tremendous cumulative damage over the long haul.

U

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
amlodipine is prescribed quite often.its low in sides and quick acting