Glycerol monostearate and Hypertrophy Mr Coop Pls rspnd

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
Wanting to learn more about Glycerol, or Micronized GMS. Always stayed away from it from hearing its negative effects towards hypertrophy temporarily wanting to try Katana or High volume lol but still not sure. i had glycergrow once and hated it felt sick. had hemavol and liked it, but kind of made it hard to train

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
There realistically won't be an effect on hypertrophy in either direction. GMS studies use around 80 grams at once, which is unrealistic in a BBing setting. Since you tolerated hemavol but not GG, it seems you need a lower dose: try a single scoop of micro GMS. Katana should be no issue

xLGx

Awards
Wanting to learn more about Glycerol, or Micronized GMS. Always stayed away from it from hearing its negative effects towards hypertrophy temporarily wanting to try Katana or High volume lol but still not sure. i had glycergrow once and hated it felt sick. had hemavol and liked it, but kind of made it hard to train
What negative effects?

GMS increases plasma water retention -> pumps and vascularity, and also helps maintain hydration levels over the course of your workout. The benefits as it relates to bodybuilding? None... but it doesn't detract from it either.

Drinking Glycergrow straight up is nasty. When it hits the back of my throat, my gag reflexes ultimately take over and I can barely get it down. Almost makes me feel "sickly" too. Katana does a great job with its GMS - you can barely notice it's there and leaves no white grains in your cup.

xLGx

Awards
Fuark, double post.

Anyways, pull the trigger on Katana, OP.

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
Fuark, double post.Anyways, pull the trigger on Katana, OP.
yep. fk it haha i just wanted to be sure inb4 wasted workout for nice pump but noo gains fook u gms

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
juicy order just then. going to stack AMP Citrate with Katana + betaine and some xgels with Norco in the morning

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What negative effects? GMS increases plasma water retention -> pumps and vascularity, and also helps maintain hydration levels over the course of your workout. The benefits as it relates to bodybuilding? None... but it doesn't detract from it either. Drinking Glycergrow straight up is nasty. When it hits the back of my throat, my gag reflexes ultimately take over and I can barely get it down. Almost makes me feel "sickly" too. Katana does a great job with its GMS - you can barely notice it's there and leaves no white grains in your cup.
A potential negative for some may be slight GI distress. I sometimes notice a slight upset stomach when I take it fasted with X-Gels.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dang that's some outrageous shipping!

xLGx

Awards
A potential negative for some may be slight GI distress. I sometimes notice a slight upset stomach when I take it fasted with X-Gels.
Who are you?

Anyways, I don't think a tummy ache qualifies as a negative effect towards hypertrophy. ;)

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Who are you?

Anyways, I don't think a tummy ache qualifies as a negative effect towards hypertrophy. ;)
lol, touche. I kind of forgot the title of this thread.

xLGx

Awards
juicy order just then. going to stack AMP Citrate with Katana + betaine and some xgels with Norco in the morning
That's a good looking order, OP. Let me know how you like AMP with Katana (and what dose you use). I respond very positively towards it.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If memory serves me correct, coop mentioned something like that to me as well. I wouldn't stress it, it wont be a deal breaker.

Mike

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
That's a good looking order, OP. Let me know how you like AMP with Katana (and what dose you use). I respond very positively towards it.
yea i plan on using the amp citrate with ANS Ritual and Katana, iv used up 2 tubs of evol before so i know how amp feels i have some enhanced left to so il try it with that also. trying to finish the cut with whatever pwo i can before cycling off everything once im on more cals again/reverse diet.

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
If memory serves me correct, coop mentioned something like that to me as well. I wouldn't stress it, it wont be a deal breaker.

Mike

any more info about glycerol? iv been using Katana and loving it. still interested if there's anything else keep's bugging me lol thinking im wasitng workouts haha

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i heard glycerol is a banned substance in sports is this true?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
any more info about glycerol? iv been using Katana and loving it. still interested if there's anything else keep's bugging me lol thinking im wasitng workouts haha

You are by no means, even coming close to wasting your workouts.

Mike

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

kpeaceoutbye

Awards
  • Established
What negative effects?

GMS increases plasma water retention -> pumps and vascularity, and also helps maintain hydration levels over the course of your workout. The benefits as it relates to bodybuilding? None... but it doesn't detract from it either.

Drinking Glycergrow straight up is nasty. When it hits the back of my throat, my gag reflexes ultimately take over and I can barely get it down. Almost makes me feel "sickly" too. Katana does a great job with its GMS - you can barely notice it's there and leaves no white grains in your cup.
Sorry to bump, but two questions about GMS:

1. How much GMS is preferred pre-workout? 2grams?

2. Are you saying that GMS is simply used for a 'cosmetic' purpose of supplying a better pump and vascularity, with really no other benefits as far as performance goes in the gym?