BCAA's and timing for MTOR

nemix

Awards
Just curious, after looking around the net I can't really find any articles or studies that mention the optimal time to take BCAA's to keep mtor going. the only I found was on BB.com ( http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beast14.htm)

He had it at 5 times a day with good results (if those results are true, only article I coukd find though).

I was think 6-8 grams every 2-3 hours. Any thoughts?

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Man, you will blow through cash like it was going out of style.

I personally take BCAA/EAA before fasted workout and/or in between meals, IF, I know that it will be 4-5 hours before my next meal.

nemix

Awards
bulk BCAA's are pretty cheap, especially since I picked a few of the modern 1 kilos up before they were discontinued. This would only cost about $40-50 for the month :)

Only want to do this for the last month of my bulk to see of I can get a few extra pounds out of this (and maybe even lean just a bit of that article isn't complete BS)

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
bulk BCAA's are pretty cheap, especially since I picked a few of the modern 1 kilos up before they were discontinued. This would only cost about $40-50 for the month :)

Only want to do this for the last month of my bulk to see of I can get a few extra pounds out of this (and maybe even lean just a bit of that article isn't complete BS)
Were they discontinued or are they out of stock?

nemix

Awards
Emailed nutraplanet and they sent back saying "unfortunately the modern BCAA's have been discontinued" :-(

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Some people will suggest leucine in between meals. 3-4g leucine should do the trick.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oral bcaa is expensive and bogus. Id use bcaa peptides for bcaa or amino Acid patches.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I didn't even realize there was a BCAA patch in the first place.

JSNeves

JSNeves

Awards
Are there any studies that show any benefit to taking Bcaa's before fasted cardio offers any benefits?

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Saying oral bcaa consumption is bogus is like saying eating food is bogus… C'mon son!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Saying oral bcaa consumption is bogus is like saying eating food is bogus... C'mon son!
Why else do peptides exist? For that reason. You get a better absorption over free form amino acids. Why do you think company's like age force, protein factory and now even bpi are doing peptides for a reason. Absorption is so much better.
Eating bad food can be bogus. There's good food and not so good food. Both work one works 1000x better?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I didn't even realize there was a BCAA patch in the first place.
More than bcaas in the patch. Take a look.

Lysine - 12mg - Lysine, or L-Lysine is considered an "essential" amino acid. Our bodies cannot synthesize it, so we must get it from certain foods we eat or from a dietary supplement. Lysine is an important building block for all proteins in our bodies. It works in combination with other Amino Acids to build lean body mass and promote normal growth. It has been shown to be beneficial for people with herpes simplex infections. It has positive effects on serotonin receptors in our intestinal tract and helps to reduce anxiety and stress. Early studies show that Lysine may help in the treatment of cancer by causing cancer cells to destroy themselves. There are also studies that show that Lysine may moderate high blood pressure and the incidence of stroke. Lysine also aids the formation and maintenance of skin collagen and also helps the body absorb calcium. It supports immune system function and a healthy cardiovascular system.

Leucine - 11mg - Leucine, or L-Leucine is classified as a "Branched-Chain" amino acid, (BCAA) and an "essential" amino acid. Our bodies cannot synthesize it, so we must get it from certain foods we eat or from a dietary supplement. Leucine is critically important in that it is the only Amino Acid that stimulates muscle protein synthesis, so as we age it helps to slow normal age-related degradation of muscle tissue. Instead it supports muscle growth! The fact that Leucine stimulates muscle protein synthesis makes it very important to athletes, body builders, and men and women of all ages that have good exercise and, or workout routines. Leucine has also been shown to enhance and slow mental acuity due to aging.

Phenylalanine - 10mg - Phenylalanine, or L-Phenylalanine is an "essential" amino acid. Our bodies cannot synthesize it, so we must get it from certain foods we eat or from a dietary supplement. It is an electrically neutral Amino Acid and it is used to biochemically form proteins. Studies have shown that Phenylalanine helps to provide analgesic and antidepressant effects.

Valine - 10mg - Valine, or L-Valine is classified as a "Branched-Chain" amino acid, (BCAA) and an "essential" amino acid. Our bodies cannot synthesize it, so we must get it from certain foods we eat or from a dietary supplement. Because Valine stimulates protein synthesis directly in muscle tissue, it is considered one of the body's most important "fuels" used in the building of lean muscle tissue and the enhancement of muscle "reaction". Valine also helps our bodies maintain the proper nitrogen balance. Valine also helps to stimulate the central nervous system for ongoing mental acuity and it may also improve liver functions that may have been degraded by alcohol or drug abuse.

Isoleucine - 8mg - is classified as a "Branched-Chain" amino acid, (BCAA) and an "essential" amino acid. Our bodies cannot synthesize it, so we must get it from certain foods we eat or from a dietary supplement. Isoleucine is critical to ongoing muscle tissue maintenance and it helps muscles tore glycogen to produce energy. It further helps prevent protein deterioration during muscle-demanding sports and, or exercise. It helps to repair, heal, and grow damaged muscle tissue. It also helps to reduce recovery time after workouts and, or strenuous exercise routines.

Methionine - 8mg - Methionine, or L-Methionine is an "essential" amino acid. Our bodies cannot synthesize it, so we must get it from certain foods we eat or from a dietary supplement. It is a very efficient antioxidant and it supports the natural detoxification. Methionine helps to support joint health and brain function. It also supports healthy skin and nails.

Threonine - 8mg - Threonine, or L-Threonine is an "essential" amino acid. Our bodies cannot synthesize it, so we must get it from certain foods we eat or from a dietary supplement. Threonine is an important Amino Acid that supports many critical biological functions such as: immune system, central nervous system, liver, and cardiovascular functions. Threonine also helps to build and maintain tooth enamel and strong bones. It also speeds wound healing.

Tryptophan - 3mg - Tryptophan is an "essential" amino acid. Our bodies cannot synthesize it, so we must get it from certain foods we eat or from a dietary supplement. It is an important Amino Acid in protein biosynthesis. It has been shown to be effective for brain conditions associated with low serotonin levels, so it may have antidepressant benefits.

Tyrosine - 2mg - Tyrosine is a critical amino acid that our cells use to synthesize proteins. There are several studies that show that Tyrosine can be beneficial during periods of colds, fatigue, and stress. Tyrosine also helps to improve cognitive and physical performance.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Every product your company makes is a complete and utter pile of ****. Also, transdermals are by definition not supplements, so your companies entire existance and marketing is in violation of federal law.
I don't make protein factory products or bpi which both carry bcaa peptides . I like the protein factory one for the fact that's there is no artificial flavor or any flavor for that matter but the bpi one has CLA and agmintine peptide In there bcaa peptide product but has artificial flavors.
As far as age force I can feel the amino patches as I am less sore while on it vs off it.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is from protein factory's page on it.
Recently our R & D department came to me with a product that totally freaked me out. It freaked me out because it's a hydrolyzed whey protein isolate that is crazy high in BCAA's. BCAA's, in case you didn't know, are the building blocks of muscle. Muscle needs BCAA's to grow. The reason why whey protein works so well at building muscle mass is because it contains about 25% BCAA's naturally. A lot of people and sports nutrition companies forget this simple fact that whey protein produces such great gains in muscle mass because it is so high in BCAA's. Not only that, but the BCAA's in the whey protein are highly bioavailable. It's a one-two punch! Packed with BCAA's and extremely bioavailable. OK, enough of what you probably know already. Now over the years whey protein has evolved. It has evolved into a better protein by hydrolysis or pre-digesting. Pre-digesting breaks the amino acids down into smaller chains so the protein is easier and faster to digest. Thus, potentially making it more anabolic. Now ProteinFactory.com® has taken another step to make whey protein even better, 2x better to be exact. I am now able to offer to you a hydrolyzed whey protein isolate that is 50% BCAA's naturally! This is unheard of in the sports nutrition industry. Essentially what we have done here is completely amplified the potential anabolic effect of whey protein.

Previously with a regular whey protein concentrate you'd get about 3 grams of actual BCAA's. With our new Beta-Whey 9300, hydrolyzed whey protein isolate you're getting 10 grams of BCAA's. And the news gets better. Regular whey protein is still in its whole food state. Meaning your body still needs to break it down into peptides in order to be absorbed and moved into the blood stream. With this new Beta-Whey 9300, you are getting BCAA peptides! And 10 grams of them! And finally on top of all that, this powder is 93% protein. On a gram for gram basis this is one of the purest whey protein isolate powders on the face of the earth. Only our Ultra Amino 97 has it beat. Meaning this powder is the 2nd purest protein powder in existence. Most protein powders that you buy are only 70 to 75% protein.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't make protein factory products or bpi which both carry bcaa peptides . I like the protein factory one for the fact that's there is no artificial flavor or any flavor for that matter but the bpi one has CLA and agmintine peptide In there bcaa peptide product but has artificial flavors.
As far as age force I can feel the amino patches as I am less sore while on it vs off it.
Placebo can be a strong effect.

Also the peptides you are talking about from BPI and protein factory or whatever else company you mentioned arent putting the peptides in patches so your point about them being superior is mute as they are not the same as your companies patch.

Ill continue to take my aminos oraly.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just One AgeForce® Amino Acid patch, applied daily, is the same as 7,500mg taken orally! That's because our time-release transdermal 9-amino acid formula is delivered directly into the bloodstream over an eight-hour period, unlike oral amino acid supplements, where the vast majority of the amino acid component nutrients are degraded and destroyed by the powerful digestive acids in the stomach.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just One AgeForce® Amino Acid patch, applied daily, is the same as 7,500mg taken orally! That's because our time-release transdermal 9-amino acid formula is delivered directly into the bloodstream over an eight-hour period, unlike oral amino acid supplements, where the vast majority of the amino acid component nutrients are degraded and destroyed by the powerful digestive acids in the stomach.
And not one shred of evidence other than 'because we say so' was found on that day.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for this. I needed a good laugh today.

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Talks about peptides… then lists a patch containing BCAA's and EAA's.

Did I miss something here?

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
OP…

I agree with what a few guys have mentioned. Optimal timing would be in between meals where you have longer gaps in nutritional intake. Protein synthesis levels return to baseline levels after a few hours. That's when a nice serving of BCAA's would be good to ingest to potentially maximize protein synthesis.

You could also take pre-workout.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This is from protein factory's page on it.
Recently our R & D department came to me with a product that totally freaked me out. It freaked me out because it's a hydrolyzed whey protein isolate that is crazy high in BCAA's. BCAA's, in case you didn't know, are the building blocks of muscle. Muscle needs BCAA's to grow. The reason why whey protein works so well at building muscle mass is because it contains about 25% BCAA's naturally. A lot of people and sports nutrition companies forget this simple fact that whey protein produces such great gains in muscle mass because it is so high in BCAA's. Not only that, but the BCAA's in the whey protein are highly bioavailable. It's a one-two punch! Packed with BCAA's and extremely bioavailable. OK, enough of what you probably know already. Now over the years whey protein has evolved. It has evolved into a better protein by hydrolysis or pre-digesting. Pre-digesting breaks the amino acids down into smaller chains so the protein is easier and faster to digest. Thus, potentially making it more anabolic. Now ProteinFactory.com® has taken another step to make whey protein even better, 2x better to be exact. I am now able to offer to you a hydrolyzed whey protein isolate that is 50% BCAA's naturally! This is unheard of in the sports nutrition industry. Essentially what we have done here is completely amplified the potential anabolic effect of whey protein.

Previously with a regular whey protein concentrate you'd get about 3 grams of actual BCAA's. With our new Beta-Whey 9300, hydrolyzed whey protein isolate you're getting 10 grams of BCAA's. And the news gets better. Regular whey protein is still in its whole food state. Meaning your body still needs to break it down into peptides in order to be absorbed and moved into the blood stream. With this new Beta-Whey 9300, you are getting BCAA peptides! And 10 grams of them! And finally on top of all that, this powder is 93% protein. On a gram for gram basis this is one of the purest whey protein isolate powders on the face of the earth. Only our Ultra Amino 97 has it beat. Meaning this powder is the 2nd purest protein powder in existence. Most protein powders that you buy are only 70 to 75% protein.
Because letting your body digest food is too mainstream.

This post makes my head hurt.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Lol!

What??!! Where's your evidence??!!!!! If you can make a claim like that I'm going to state, without any backing evidence, that your products do not even make it into the blood stream as the skin prevents its absorption.

I'm literally at a loss.

Edit: I should add that in this post you say the stomach destroys BCAA's and in the post above you state (I know its copy and paste, but you're referencing it as evidence to back your claim) that BCAA's are highly bioavailable.

So which is it?

And to top it off, you state that BCAA's are destroyed in the stomach but yet you advocate the use of a product that has 10g of BCAA per serving delivered orally. Huh

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Every product your company makes is a complete and utter pile of ****.

Also, transdermals are by definition not supplements, so your companies entire existance and marketing is in violation of federal law.
Haha don't hold back De_eB