Combatting adrenal fatigue, lethargy?

sina

Banned
Awards
I have been feeling terribly exhausted now for quite some time. I think It came to the point I was too low body fat, tried to stay in a low-body fat % but then perhaps I messed up my thyroid (hypothyroidism) and what not. It's just even if I get enough sleep I still feel sluggish, terribly exhausted. Not sure what's going on perhaps a full-blood work is needed...

I don't take any supps just yet due to the cost factor however I am seeking for supplements to boost energy and get out of lethargy. I take no pre-workouts my only caffeine is occasionly Vivarin 200mg tablet pre-wo or otherwise sips of dark strong black coffee. ( I need this daily to help my bowel movements ).

I hear Adaptogens are a hit and miss in terms of combatting adrenal fatigue. (L_Tyrosine + Rhodiola Rosea + Ashwagandha + phosphatidylcholine/serine)

Otherwise I was thinking a form of Carnitine (PLCAR + ALCAR + 5-HTP (for mood) + Nootropic (Schizo/Vinco.) and I researched up to 9 g/daily of Omega-3 can help with depression, mental-stress and adrenal fatigue.

Thanks guys you all rock!

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
If you think your thyroid is malfunctioning, see a doctor.

Normally, I'd tell you to dial in your sleep, diet, and exercise, but to be 5'8" 258lbs <15%bf, I assume you've got it covered and might be Wolverine. In which case you might simply be stressed out and should take a vacation.

That being said, adaptogens are cool, not only because they restore normal good function to lagging vitals like some kind of supplement saint, but they're cheap as rocks. Ashwagandha's $3/bottle and at 5g/day has been shown to increase testosterone to boot, which would surely improve upon any depression you've got.
I think they even sell Happy Pills at drugstores (Vitamin Shoppe, Walgreens), which may be right up your alley.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I have been feeling terribly exhausted now for quite some time. I think It came to the point I was too low body fat, tried to stay in a low-body fat % but then perhaps I messed up my thyroid (hypothyroidism) and what not. It's just even if I get enough sleep I still feel sluggish, terribly exhausted. Not sure what's going on perhaps a full-blood work is needed...

I don't take any supps just yet due to the cost factor however I am seeking for supplements to boost energy and get out of lethargy. I take no pre-workouts my only caffeine is occasionly Vivarin 200mg tablet pre-wo or otherwise sips of dark strong black coffee. ( I need this daily to help my bowel movements ).

I hear Adaptogens are a hit and miss in terms of combatting adrenal fatigue. (L_Tyrosine + Rhodiola Rosea + Ashwagandha + phosphatidylcholine/serine)

Otherwise I was thinking a form of Carnitine (PLCAR + ALCAR + 5-HTP (for mood) + Nootropic (Schizo/Vinco.) and I researched up to 9 g/daily of Omega-3 can help with depression, mental-stress and adrenal fatigue.

Thanks guys you all rock!
Adrenal fatigue is a myth. I suggest full blood work

Reactions: mw1
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel the same way. I can sleep 4 hours or 12 and feel like crap all day unless I'm moving around. Once I stop, I wanna sleep. My recent blood work showed nothing abnormal whatsoever. Thinking it's time to fake low T (only way my doc will send me to an endo) and get a hormone panel done.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What bf% are you at? If your under 7-8% and 5'8" 260 you might want to check what your taking

sina

Banned
Awards
I'm not 240lb lol I made this account back ago.

5'10-5'11
165lb 3% tried to stay there for awhile and prob. screwed up my hormones, thyroid but staying at a low bf% then started to binge until today since the end of last summer.
Now I am prob. hovering around 185. I just want to be very lean and ripped but I guess with my genetics and body-type its hard.

I just want to see what's up I know blood-work is the best gauge but wonder what thinks you guys do that keeps you going with lots of energy!

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm not 240lb lol I made this account back ago. 5'10-5'11 165lb 3% tried to stay there for awhile and prob. screwed up my hormones, thyroid but staying at a low bf% then started to binge until today since the end of last summer. Now I am prob. hovering around 185. I just want to be very lean and ripped but I guess with my genetics and body-type its hard. I just want to see what's up I know blood-work is the best gauge but wonder what thinks you guys do that keeps you going with lots of energy!
I didn't think that's was right, if was the case there would probable be good reason why you were having issue. Ya 3% isn't really a good idea to try to stick to as a walking around weight.

Maybe take a break from the weights for 2-3 weeks, eat right , get some decent sleep the get back in the gym see how you feel.

sina

Banned
Awards
Thank you.

I actually been inconsistent and training whenever I feel good (1-3x a week) it just seems I am binge eating crazy for the past 6 months. Iam stil lean but not as ripped as I was...

I didn't think that's was right, if was the case there would probable be good reason why you were having issue. Ya 3% isn't really a good idea to try to stick to as a walking around weight.

Maybe take a break from the weights for 2-3 weeks, eat right , get some decent sleep the get back in the gym see how you feel.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
You went from 258 to 165 in 17 months? That's some hard work.
Now you're sitting at 185 with maybe 15% bf 6 months later. That's a decently athletic build.
But you're tired. Hmm.

I'll blame:
1) Food. Cut out the junk, portion wisely, and count your macros for a while. Just aim for maintenance, not weight loss.
2) Sleep. Get to bed an hour earlier. Clearly, you and your body disagree on what "enough sleep" is. Sneak in some naps, too.
3) Stress. Dump the girlfriend, stop partying every night in Germany, delegate some work out, stop being late for things, stop procrastinating on whatever. Find something to cut out or improve to lower your stress level.

If all that doesn't help after like a month, get yourself to a professional.