Newbie Alert! ErgoTest/Forskolin

bhr

Awards
Hey all, first post here, although I have been lurking boards for quite a while. Thankfully, while lurking you all have provided me with some great info/advice. I am 30yrs old, 6ft, 250lbs. I lost 39lbs just with diet, and after that have been in the gym looking to finish off the rest of the belly (Almost gone!) and increase mass and firmness. I will say that naturally I have broad shoulders and decent arms. I had been looking at PH's but after lurking, realized that I am not ready for it. Started ErgoTest and Forskolin a few weeks ago, and have noticed some nice results to date (I think it is really just starting to kick in). Anyways, have not seen a HUGE increase in size, but definitely in hardness. I will be looking for advice once I run out what to switch to next, so any help is appreciated. It is not mission critical or time sensitive as I still have about 1/2 supply of Ergo and Forskolin left. Thanks in advance (Please be nice, lol).

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you have any idea what your bodyfat % is or how much more weight you want to lose? I'm hearing conflicting goals in what you stated: losing the rest of the belly and gaining mass. Perhaps being more clear with that will help us help you more.

bhr

Awards
Do you have any idea what your bodyfat % is or how much more weight you want to lose? I'm hearing conflicting goals in what you stated: losing the rest of the belly and gaining mass. Perhaps being more clear with that will help us help you more.
Thanks for the reply. According to the us navy body fat calculator I am 16.14%, not sure how accurate that is. That is my issue with the conflicting goals, I would love to lose the belly (which isn't crazy, but still there) and gain some size in my arms. Not sure if this can be accomplished at the same time or not the way I would like. I have noticed that I have gained a bit of size in the arms, definitely have gained firmness and a little more definition since on the new supps. I am doing
Mon-Bis, Tris, Traps
Tues-Chest, Lats, Back, Shoulders, Traps
Wed-Cardio
Thur-Legs, Traps
Fri-Bis, Tris, Traps, Lats

Hope that helps. Thanks again.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I personally use testo 100 because it has
Androstenetrione 21mg - works safely and naturally to elevate Testosterone levels by binding to, and inhibiting, the functions of Aromatase, which is an enzyme that converts Testosterone to Estrogen. It sounds complicated but the bottom line is that Androstenetrione will help to elevate natural Testosterone production dramatically!
D-Aspartic Acid 22mg - is based on an amino acid found naturally in the body, increases the production of Testosterone by enhancing the cellular production of signal molecules that control the secretion of Testosterone.
Stinging Nettle root 14.5mg - extracts have been extensively studied in human clinical trials. These extracts have been shown to help to increase free Testosterone levels more effectively than any other herbal substance!
Muira Pauma 6.5mg - is a combination of two flowering plants that are native to the Amazon rain forest. It improves both erectile function and sexual desire. It also helps to moderate stress.
Tribulus 1mg - is a family of plants found in many warm regions. The active ingredient (steroidal saponins) increases Testosterone levels, boost libido and improve sports performance.
Zinc 1mg - is an essential mineral that is naturally present in many foods. It plays a crucial roll in numerous aspects of cellular metabolism, cell division immune system function, and protein synthesis.
Boron 1mg - is a natural mineral found in our foods and in our environment. Boron is used for building strong bones, treating osteoarthritis, as an aid for building muscles and increasing testosterone levels, and for improving thinking skills and muscle coordination.
Maca 1mg - is a plant grown in the high Andes of Peru. Maca heightens libido and improves semen quality. It has powerful hormone normalizing effects and increases energy and sexual desire.
Horney Goat Weed 1mg - moderates blood pressure, supports libido, sexual function, and promotes a feeling of wellbeing.
Furostanolic Saponins from Fenugreek 3mg - This ingredient helps one's system to release a luteinizing hormone that in turn stimulates the testicles to elevate testosterone production levels. And, at the same time it prevents your body from any "rebound" effect when it recognizes higher testosterone production. So it provides an awesome dual benefit result!
Forskolin from Coleus Forskohlii 3mg - Increases testosterone production, especially in overweight or obese men.

Reactions: mw1
Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the reply. According to the us navy body fat calculator I am 16.14%, not sure how accurate that is. That is my issue with the conflicting goals, I would love to lose the belly (which isn't crazy, but still there) and gain some size in my arms. Not sure if this can be accomplished at the same time or not the way I would like. I have noticed that I have gained a bit of size in the arms, definitely have gained firmness and a little more definition since on the new supps. I am doing
Mon-Bis, Tris, Traps
Tues-Chest, Lats, Back, Shoulders, Traps
Wed-Cardio
Thur-Legs, Traps
Fri-Bis, Tris, Traps, Lats

Hope that helps. Thanks again.
It's possible to do both, but difficult. You should ask yourself which one is bothering you more and start there. I would suggest checking out Alphamine to help blast away the rest of the belly that you don't like.

What other supplements are you taking other than the 2 you mentioned if any?

Why so many trap-dedicated exercises? Not saying it's horrible, just curious:)

Are you fairly new to training? All of this will help us more too!

bhr

Awards
It's possible to do both, but difficult. You should ask yourself which one is bothering you more and start there. I would suggest checking out Alphamine to help blast away the rest of the belly that you don't like.

What other supplements are you taking other than the 2 you mentioned if any?

Why so many trap-dedicated exercises? Not saying it's horrible, just curious:)

Are you fairly new to training? All of this will help us more too!
I will definitely check out Alphamine.

I am also taking Condense Pre-Workout by Purus Labs and AfterGlow Post Workout by BioRhythm, only on weight training days (none for cardio or off days).

I should have been more specific on the Traps, I do shrugs pretty much every workout, gets me pumped for some reason, lol.

I am fairly new to training, worked out through high school sports about 100 yrs ago :), then tore my ACL 2 times within a year, so didn't do much until getting serious about 6 months ago. I am fortunate enough to work with some professional football players, so was able to develop a workout plan that works for me based on their advice.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with where I have gotten, but you guys know how it is, you start seeing those results and want to kick it into high gear! My traps have gotten pretty big, and all of my shoulder area in general is starting to cut in nicely (for a guy who was pretty overweight), bis are decent, tris exploded, legs have always been good, chest-back-lats need some work for sure. Thanks as always, appreciate the help.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
AnARA stack (x-factor or x-gels with GMS and LCLT) for 8 weeks followed a DAA / Erase stack for 8 weeks (and repeat) works well to maintain strength and earned muscle while running under maintenance calories. Their are lots of other supplements, but these are the popular stacks that work. I was a big guy and I recommend you keep on the track you are on - and lose the final weight slowly but surely. You may end up not losing weight on the scale, but get harder and leaner as you progress. As you get closer to your goal, you will need to up the anti - adding stimmed and or non stimmed fat burners, more cardio (HIIIT style) and most importantly changing what your doing (with food, cardio and weights) to stimulate more changes. This will be a learning process. I am not a rep and have no interest in you buying 'my' product. Feel free to PM me. Best of luck...

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
blacklac

blacklac

Awards
No leg day? Edit: Oh, i see it now. Thurs.

Look into getting on a proven routine. A 5x5 would be a good start. There are different variations of a 5x5 routine, but type that in Google and you should find some good info. Those people that are in the gym year after year with little to no change in their physique, we'll its either a poor routine or poor diet. Learn about both those aspects and you'll be on your way.

bhr

Awards
AnARA stack (x-factor or x-gels with GMS and LCLT) for 8 weeks followed a DAA / Erase stack for 8 weeks (and repeat) works well to maintain strength and earned muscle while running under maintenance calories. Their are lots of other supplements, but these are the popular stacks that work. I was a big guy and I recommend you keep on the track you are on - and lose the final weight slowly but surely. You may end up not losing weight on the scale, but get harder and leaner as you progress. As you get closer to your goal, you will need to up the anti - adding stimmed and or non stimmed fat burners, more cardio (HIIIT style) and most importantly changing what your doing (with food, cardio and weights) to stimulate more changes. This will be a learning process. I am not a rep and have no interest in you buying 'my' product. Feel free to PM me. Best of luck...
Appreciate the advice, I will also look into the supps your recommended. I was taking a fat burner, but ditched it for the Forskolin based on reviews that it got. It could be too soon, but I have not seen much of a difference in the scale or mirror from the Forskolin. Also, I am not as concerned about the scale test as much as the mirror test, and honestly just being an overall healthier person. I am going to attach a pic which might help understand where I was to where I am now. The "Before Pic" was before started dieting/working out, and the "After Pic" was taken about 2 months ago, so have made progress since then.

beforeafter.png

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Appreciate the advice, I will also look into the supps your recommended. I was taking a fat burner, but ditched it for the Forskolin based on reviews that it got. It could be too soon, but I have not seen much of a difference in the scale or mirror from the Forskolin. Also, I am not as concerned about the scale test as much as the mirror test, and honestly just being an overall healthier person. I am going to attach a pic which might help understand where I was to where I am now. The "Before Pic" was before started dieting/working out, and the "After Pic" was taken about 2 months ago, so have made progress since then.

View attachment 97003
Wow, great job! Forskolin takes about 3-4 weeks to kick in. It is something that you would take for 12 weeks or so with a 4 week break.
If your looking for a stim break, Analyzed Supplements makes 'Shift'. It's cheap and another great non stim product. It is a metabolism booster that you dose during the day and before bed. Cheers...

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, great job! Forskolin takes about 3-4 weeks to kick in. It is something that you would take for 12 weeks or so with a 4 week break.
If your looking for a stim break, Analyzed Supplements makes 'Shift'. It's cheap and another great non stim product. It is a metabolism booster that you dose during the day and before bed. Cheers...
This has you covered. Forskolin is more gradual and not something you really "feel". I don't doubt you'll see things start to roll along as it progresses.

Awesome work so far man..impressive. :cool:

bhr

Awards
No leg day? Edit: Oh, i see it now. Thurs.

Look into getting on a proven routine. A 5x5 would be a good start. There are different variations of a 5x5 routine, but type that in Google and you should find some good info. Those people that are in the gym year after year with little to no change in their physique, we'll its either a poor routine or poor diet. Learn about both those aspects and you'll be on your way.
Yeah, Thur on legs, although they are solid without, probably from carrying my fat *** around all those years, lol. Very interesting reading on the 5x5, i've never heard of that, which is why i'm the noob I suppose. Definitely trying to soak in all the knowledge from you seasoned guys on here, appreciate the help.

bhr

Awards
Thanks much! That makes sense on the forskolin, I did research it quite extensively, but was unsure when it may kick into gear. Is Shift something that can be stacked with what I am taking, or would I need to replace/ Thanks.

bhr

Awards
This has you covered. Forskolin is more gradual and not something you really "feel". I don't doubt you'll see things start to roll along as it progresses.

Awesome work so far man..impressive. :cool:
Thanks man, appreciate it. It is definitely nice to see visible results in the mirror, but also overall healthy feeling. Still have quite a ways to go, but am very happy with the progress.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 7
Training Forum 6
Anabolics 4
Supplements 4
Anabolics 9