Recon question

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
Hi, I just started working out again and I have this recon product from a while ago that i didn't really use but now I want to use it up before I get anything else. It's a post workout drink. I noticed it has a lot of bcaa but no actual whole protein. Isn't that bad for a post workout drink. I was thinking of adding some hydrolyzed whey to make it better? I have some myofusion kicking around. What do you guys think of that?

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
You're absolutely fine dosing that way. Recon always made me feel like I never worked out the next day, with a good protein the effect may be even better. Only thing is the orange taste was HORRID

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I noticed everyone saying that. I have watermelon and I don't really mind the taste. I don't mix it with that much water either. I put ice cubes in the vitamin water bottle I mix it in so that helps. I only use about 3/4 of a scoop to. I used to take watermelon extend consistently and I dont think this stuff is that much worse really

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
You're absolutely fine dosing that way. Recon always made me feel like I never worked out the next day, with a good protein the effect may be even better. Only thing is the orange taste was HORRID
What about whole protein ruining the effects of the bcaa ratios or whatever. I think I read that somewhere?

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
so i tried this yesterday and it was quite good