Does anyone still use straight creatine?

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Curious if anyone still uses creatine or if everyone now gets it through PWO's and other blends?
For those that use it solo, what brands do you use?

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use creatine in my intra shake. Just buy it bulk from True Nutrition.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I use Universal or Orotine for my creatine. None of the pre's I take have it, and none of them that I have tried recently have either.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Curious if anyone still uses creatine or if everyone now gets it through PWO's and other blends?
Cheapest bulk Monohydrate i can find everyday. Cheap and effective...

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
iForce Mono is what I use. I dont think PreWO have enough in them to make it effective. I dont even both counting it when I think about how much creatine I am getting.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I use bulk sns, primaforce, On as long as its mono its good.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SNS creatine monohydrate. Full dose post-workout.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
When using mono I go 5g post workout, easy to find it cheap in bulk.

Been using MCC for some time instead now though

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still use cheap bulk mono from various brands. :)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I avoid pre's with it in generally. I go with the cheapest bulk mono I can find - general that is SNS though

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're generally paying some level of markup to get creatine in a preworkout compared to bulk creatine, so I'd say go with bulk in most cases.

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
I mix 5g in with my pre-workout. Either use NP's bulk mono or SNS

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I like controlled labs green mag Bad ass product
I love the profile, which led me to try it several times but it doesn't sit well with me.

Creignite is my go-to aside from mono

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
CL Green Magnitude has always been my favorite. I like creatine nitrate as well.

Younglifter16

Awards
I certainly do. 2-3 grams creapure when i can remember. So a few times a week. All ya need to mantain saturation. simple and effective and cheap

shurushuru

Awards
I currently use ON creatine. I was considering switching to BEAST Creatine.it has different forms of creatine.is it good at all?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I currently use ON creatine. I was considering switching to BEAST Creatine.it has different forms of creatine.is it good at all?
Why not just mono?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
It will be just as effective really, so ask yourself if its worth paying 5x as much.

SuppJunkie

SuppJunkie

Awards
  • Established
I have been running plain old creatine ethyl ester capsules or powder. I get good deals on both..sj

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
i just use vitamin shoppe brand or whatever

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use kre-alkalyn. Less needed than mono. Scoop and half in my pre, scoop and a half in my post. It seems to always be on some kind of sale at vitamin shoppe.

SuppJunkie

SuppJunkie

Awards
  • Established
Creatine Ethyl Ester is less effective than Creatine Mono.
Works for me and unfortunately I cannot use creatine monohydrate because it sends me to the can continuously. Now I know firsthand that creatine monohydrate works well because I used a ton of it when eas first brought it out in the 90s. I put on a decent weight and size with it. But like I said now that I am an old fart my body does not agree with it anymore. I have tried tons of different kinds of creatines over the years and cee is one of a couple that stays in my system. On top of that it seems to work fine..in addition sometimes I use kre alkalyn by true athlete and that seems ok as well. Thanks ..sj

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
Works for me and unfortunately I cannot use creatine monohydrate because it sends me to the can continuously. Now I know firsthand that creatine monohydrate works well because I used a ton of it when eas first brought it out in the 90s. I put on a decent weight and size with it. But like I said now that I am an old fart my body does not agree with it anymore. I have tried tons of different kinds of creatines over the years and cee is one of a couple that stays in my system. On top of that it seems to work fine..in addition sometimes I use kre alkalyn by true athlete and that seems ok as well. Thanks ..sj
Have you tried MCC? Like CL Green Mag?

cjwav34

Awards
I get full doses pre-workout from either Green Magnitude or Ultima, but I always have some bulk creatine monohydrate on hand.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
I use Green Mag when I can, but I did just grab a couple tubs of CreIgnite. Couldn't pass it up for $8-9. I have a tub of AllMax Mono around as well.

rphash49

Awards
5g Sns creatine mono post workout. I actually avoid preworkout with creatine in it.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like integrated supplements creatine for whatever reason. It's cheap and pure.

bananaClip

bananaClip

Awards
  • Established
i use crea magma? the creatine magnesium blend. i get it from swanson, its affordable and its the patented one

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Less effective and way more expensive than mono.
How so? It's buffered so more reaches your system not being digested, thereby requiring less grams per dose, costing less over time.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
How so? It's buffered so more reaches your system not being digested, thereby requiring less grams per dose, costing less over time.
Cooper has posted on why buffered creatine is not as effective as mono

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
all i use it bulk creatine mono, i don't really even pay attention to other "creatine" products anymore

creaplex, dymatize, sns, and primaforce all come to mind as options for plain creatine mono

LimmetLess

LimmetLess

Awards
Creatine Mono is king.

And it's ridiculously cheap, no reason not to supplement with it in my opnion
^^Exactly.

I take low doses of creatine and arginine daily. There was a write-up about it in Tim Ferriss' book 'The 4-Hour Body'.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I either go with bulk or Crea-Trona (never any bloat with this stuff)...

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
Currently using 5g of Iforce creating mono preworkout