Focus Stack

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Looking for recommendations for a killer focus/mental clarity stack. ADHD (non-medicated) and studying for LSAT so could use the boost. Looking for something stim-free since I already use my fair share of those.

- Focus XT stims- free looks like something I have to try out based on the profile/ feedback.

- Phenylpricetam intrigues me as well.

- I do have some unopened ALCAR on hand...

I've browsed through threads and seen what others are doing, just wanna hear some more advice. Any suggestions for a good stack along with dosages with dosages would be appreciated!

Austinmck17

Austinmck17

Awards
vitamin B complex + focus xt + forskolin + artichoke extract is a good start. use phenylpiracetam for long sessions and sporadic to avoid tolerance build up.

if start with two doses total a day split 4-6hours apart. I only use 1 forskolin a day total

1 vit b complex
1 artichoke extract 450mg
1 scoop focus xt

throw in some picmalion or theanine for some relaxed focus. I enjoy this combo when grinding out MCAT books

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Looking for recommendations for a killer focus/mental clarity stack. ADHD (non-medicated) and studying for LSAT so could use the boost. Looking for something stim-free since I already use my fair share of those.

- Focus XT stims- free looks like something I have to try out based on the profile/ feedback.

I've browsed through threads and seen what others are doing, just wanna hear some more advice. Any suggestions for a good stack along with dosages with dosages would be appreciated!
You could do a few things here:

Alcar + huperzine a
Alcar + demiurge
Focus XT
Focus XT + Demiurge
Alcar + choline + hup a

Personally, 1 scoop of FXT is a great option pre study as it has all of the above listed except phenylp

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Thanks for the input everyone. About to place an order for the XT for daily use and think I'll get demiurge for when I need to take things up a notch.

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
I'd definitely start with Focus XT + possibly a little extra ALCAR. For more intense study sessions or for the day of exams, Demiurge is wonderful.

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
I'd definitely start with Focus XT + possibly a little extra ALCAR. For more intense study sessions or for the day of exams, Demiurge is wonderful.
Thanks, placed my order for the two of those. Seems to be the way to go. What more can you tell me about demiurge?

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Focus XT is a great all in one product. Cheaper than purchasing everything separately anyway. I tried Demiurge and that stuff just made me freak out.
Me too! I don't like the effects of phenylpiracetam.... I'm going to have to bin my bottle.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Focus xt and piracetam won't disappoint you.

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, placed my order for the two of those. Seems to be the way to go. What more can you tell me about demiurge?
Definitely try to space out your dosing of Demiurge as tolerance builds very quickly. I probably wouldn't use it more than twice a week. It's by-far my favorite nootropic and really helps me keep razor-sharp and focused with my studies.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Definitely try to space out your dosing of Demiurge as tolerance builds very quickly. I probably wouldn't use it more than twice a week. It's by-far my favorite nootropic and really helps me keep razor-sharp and focused with my studies.
Has anyone been in a really bad mood after taking it?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I thought it generally increased mood? It does for me for sure
I could be wrong, but I don't think the total pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics is fully understood with the 'racetams so it's tough to say why people get completely opposite effects in regards to mood.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love using my CILTEP stack with focus xt (stim and stim free).

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Thanks for the help everyone, judging by the feedback it seems like I made the right choice. Excited for my package to arrive.

Reactions: mw1

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Yeah...that's why I bought it...but seriously its not that I'm sad from it, but just really aggressive and in a bad mood...at times where its barely controllable. For me so far, nothing has beaten Focus XT and Piracetam.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yeah...that's why I bought it...but seriously its not that I'm sad from it, but just really aggressive and in a bad mood...at times where its barely controllable. For me so far, nothing has beaten Focus XT and Piracetam.
Thanks for the Focus XT feedback. Great stuff, especially cotton candy.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Differs from individual to individual, but I've heard more negatives comments regarding mood changes than I heard positive. The people who had negative mood changes, however, still continued using the product because it's worth it to them, so definitely not trying to bash it here.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Phenyl, IMO, is best used for quiet study time for the above reasons. Love it for its purpose though.

drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
What dose of phenylpiracetam do you guys take? I normally take about 400-500 mg and it seems to last about 6-8. Does that sound about right?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What dose of phenylpiracetam do you guys take? I normally take about 400-500 mg and it seems to last about 6-8. Does that sound about right?
I've never personally used it. Cooper would be better to ask. Not sure how to tag him in this post though.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Me too! I don't like the effects of phenylpiracetam.... I'm going to have to bin my bottle.
Demisurge is really good. Has to be stacked with caffeine or stims though.

Focus XT did absolutely zilch for me. Apart from explosive bathroom visits sometimes.

Tried the caffeine & the caffeine free version and I don't see the big deal about it. Even used it for long periods. I threw my tubs because I couldn't even give them away.

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
Same here with the bathroom visits. Had to toss a unopened tub because of that. Loved the cotton candy flavor but what a disaster afterwards...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Same here with the bathroom visits. Had to toss a unopened tub because of that. Loved the cotton candy flavor but what a disaster afterwards...
Like anything, you should have started at half a dose first to assess tolerance ;) those sides will cease after a few uses

Chunkx

Chunkx

Awards
Twinlab MVP Fuel/SNS Stim-Free Focus XT/ CTD Noopept

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Like anything, you should have started at half a dose first to assess tolerance ;) those sides will cease after a few uses
I've heard of a couple unfortunate people who had this effect. Is it because of the Choline?

klind14

Awards
What does everyone think would be best for focus and mental clarity if chosing between huperzine a and bacopa?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I've heard of a couple unfortunate people who had this effect. Is it because of the Choline?
I hear it is.
The dose in FXT is high so I always recommend starting at half a dose. I had the same sides from FXT when I first got it so I halved the dose and the issues disappeared. Worked back up in the same week and haven't looked back.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What does everyone think would be best for focus and mental clarity if chosing between huperzine a and bacopa?
Huperzine is more so for memory recall; bacopa is some really good stuff.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I hear it is.
The dose in FXT is high so I always recommend starting at half a dose. I had the same sides from FXT when I first got it so I halved the dose and the issues disappeared. Worked back up in the same week and haven't looked back.
I don't believe I ever had much for issues with Focus XT and that... interesting to hear the amount of people that have, though.

Chunkx

Chunkx

Awards
I havent. I take two scoops with no problems :)

klind14

Awards
Huperzine is more so for memory recall; bacopa is some really good stuff.
Do you think combining the two might be even better than trying to pick one or the other? I'm a little unsure as to whether they can be stacked as some sources online seem to indicate bacopa has acetylcholine erase inhibitor properties.

Chunkx

Chunkx

Awards
Do you think combining the two might be even better than trying to pick one or the other? I'm a little unsure as to whether they can be stacked as some sources online seem to indicate bacopa has acetylcholine erase inhibitor properties.
Most companies do add this as they have synergistic effects. Memory recruitment is pronounced after a few days of use, if not immediately.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You'd be fine, just keep the huperzine a dose low. You can stack them.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I hear it is.
It is. I have the same thing with Alphamine.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Caffeine Free Focus XT + 1g Glucuronolactone Pre WO = best stim break ever

Love Huperzine for my days of class.

And have a job interview Wednesday, going with Focus XT and Picamilon-150 2 caps.

I <3 SNS and Nootropics
Thanks for the support Sauce! Awesome stacks there :D

drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
Most companies do add this as they have synergistic effects. Memory recruitment is pronounced after a few days of use, if not immediately.
Would this mean its synergistic with the racatams?

stan08

Awards
Would this mean its synergistic with the racatams?
Are you asking if the huperzine or bacopa is synergistic with a racetam? I've used huperzine with aniracetam in the past and it worked pretty well (preferred galantamine though because huperzine seemed too strong for me). However, if you're asking if bacopa is synergistic with a racetam then that would be a good question. The above poster seems to indicate it increases levels of acetylcholine. If true, I wonder if it increases it enough to take with a racetam (and no other choline source).

drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
The bacopa, sorry for being unclear. Is huperzine A, have the same effect as galantamine? and needs to be taken daily for max effect? and what do you dos it at pls. It was part of a stack i saw mentioned once and I know cooper likes it (the galantamine).

stan08

Awards
The bacopa, sorry for being unclear. Is huperzine A, have the same effect as galantamine? and needs to be taken daily for max effect? and what do you dos it at pls. It was part of a stack i saw mentioned once and I know cooper likes it (the galantamine).
For galantamine, I like 8 mg per day. I don't notice as much of an effect from it versus huperzine. However, it's supposed to have better long-term results.

With regard to bacopa, I really don't know. I don't have experience with herbs. Hopefully someone on here does and can provide some insight as to whether it can be taken with a racetam and no additional source of choline.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
As a daily dose? and how much at a daily dose? I cannot find much information on it.