Differential Diagnosis with DAA issue

CalfMan

CalfMan

Banned
Awards
D-POL and AI Sports Nutrition are the DAA supplements of focus.

I've used D-POL for over a month with no issues.

I've been using AI Sports Nutrition for a bit over 2 weeks and really can no longer use it as it gives me diarrhea... a lot of diarrhea.

I train fasted (10+ hours empty stomach), so all that goes in to my stomach is the DAA+caffeine on workout days and DAA on off-days.

When I used D-POL, I'd chase the pills down with coffee. When I use AI Sports Nutrtion, I'd use caffeine pills.

DAA dosage was the typical 3 pills of D-POL and 1 scoop of AI Sports Nutrition while caffeine dosage averaged 300-400mgs.

Why would AI Sports Nutrition cause diarrhea and D-POL not when both are sodium-laced.

Are the B and D vitamins in D-POL that crucial for absorption is my intrigue.

Or is it a matter of too much DAA in my system.

Haven't noticed much about the diarrhea issue other than complaints; therefore, I'd like to focus on the why in this thread.

Bro-Science and Science are encouraged.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
D-Pol is formulated with a Carbopol controlled/extended release polymer... the same stuff that provides "12 hours of relief" with cold medications and such. Basically makes it dissolve very slowly as it passes through you so you only absorb a little at a time.

CalfMan

CalfMan

Banned
Awards
so then when I switched from D-POL to AI Sports Nutrition (subsequently), I had residual D-POL DAA in me then a surplus of the AI Sports Nutrition DAA going in me--which caused the diarrhea.

So, we're talking about a matter of the body only being able to process an X amount of DAA.

We're talking Homeostasis??

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I doubt the d-pol was still in any shape to have a GI effect when you dosed again DAA 24 hours later. DAA is well-known to cause GI issues at the recommended dose. What I'm saying is that fasted, you (in particular) get the poops from 3g DAA all at once. The solution to the issue is likely one of the following:
a) split up your doses
b) eat breakfast with it
c) take it with food later in the day
d) go back to d-pol