Yohimbine hcl + cardio

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Yohimbine hcl + cardio


    How should one dose yhcl if wanting to do HIIT... I tried running after taking my full 15mg for the day (YC stack) and could not breathe. Any thoughts / experiences would be helpful


  2. Well, I've read that it's recommended up to 20mg. I just started taking Primaforce's Y-HCL yesterday (7.5mg) to assess tolerance. However, I already know that I can because I can take Alphamine and Norcordrene no problem. When I read Lyle McDonald's write up about y-hcl, I was all over it.
    •   
       


  3. Most will advise against using Yohimbine with HIIT, due to increased heart rate, and yohimbine should be dosed small in the beginning and increased as tolerance builds IMO.

    Lyle Mcdonalds Stubborn Fat Solution is an intersting read, and his protocol using a combination of HIIT, LISS, and supplements (YC) is a very nice resource.
    Current Log-Olympus labs Stenadrol- http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/247378-olympus-labs-stenadrol.html#post4430422

  4. were the doses spread out over the day, or bolused pre cardio? Yohimbine HCL makes my HIIT sessions a breeze mentally and physically, I love it.

    I do HIIT post workout, so Ill do 3 caps of yohimbine pre workout, and take an additional 4 pre cardio (2.5mg per cap). Don't forget that if you have caffeine in there you won't need the "full dose" of yohimbine.

    Quote Originally Posted by cbsharpe View Post
    I just started taking Primaforce's Y-HCL yesterday (7.5mg) to assess tolerance. However, I already know that I can because I can take Alphamine and Norcordrene no problem.
    alphamine has a yohimbe extract which is different from pure yohimbine HCL, much different feel and the latter takes much more time getting used to working up too a good dose.

  5. Should have mentioned that I took 7.5mg pre workout. Had no issues what so ever. I think it's good to use not just for cardio but for weight training too. My opinion.
    •   
       


  6. Yohimbine is a mobilizer, it allows for increase blood flow and for your fat cells to be more readily available for oxidation. Unless you are working high volume and time under tension, Yohimbine will have little effect otherwise when lifting. Its best used in a fasted state (insulin negates any benefits) with cardio 10 minutes HIIT+30-40minutes LISS-MISS seems to be the sweet spot for most people.
    Current Log-Olympus labs Stenadrol- http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/247378-olympus-labs-stenadrol.html#post4430422

  7. I personally don't like Yohimbine with HIIT at all.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by bigbruiser739 View Post
    Yohimbine is a mobilizer, it allows for increase blood flow and for your fat cells to be more readily available for oxidation. Unless you are working high volume and time under tension, Yohimbine will have little effect otherwise when lifting. Its best used in a fasted state (insulin negates any benefits) with cardio 10 minutes HIIT+30-40minutes LISS-MISS seems to be the sweet spot for most people.
    Thanks bruiser. However, I do train fasted on most days AND have incorporated TUT in my routine. Although I'm not doing that currently.

  9. Thanks all. I've read the literature by Lyle and worked up to 15mg over the course of a week. I always train fasted and normally do HIIT after lifting. New program im doing starting Monday is only 3 full body lifting days, so I moved my HIIT to the in between days, and planned for one day of LISS. So I guess my only issue is how to dose on my HIIT days.

  10. I don't see why you would take it all at once like that. I'd break up the dosage and work up to the total. Start low and work up, but still spread it out into three doses. Taking it all at once just seems retarded to me.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I don't see why you would take it all at once like that. I'd break up the dosage and work up to the total. Start low and work up, but still spread it out into three doses. Taking it all at once just seems retarded to me.
    Unless you're going carb free all day, taking all/most before you introduce insulin is preferential.
    Training Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/261146-workout-log-2-a.html

  12. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I don't see why you would take it all at once like that. I'd break up the dosage and work up to the total. Start low and work up, but still spread it out into three doses. Taking it all at once just seems retarded to me.
    Plenty of people take the full dose at once. I don't recommend doing it prior to HIIT however.
    PEScience Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    Instagram: kylebayne23

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyjd View Post
    Unless you're going carb free all day, taking all/most before you introduce insulin is preferential.

    Just take it between meals.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Plenty of people take the full dose at once. I don't recommend doing it prior to HIIT however.
    I'm sure they do, but that doesn't make it right/safe. I've never seen a bottle of Yohimbine hcl that recommended to take the entire total dosage at one time. Spreading out the total dosage just seems like it would be more effective and have less side effects. Just like with any fat burner/stimulant product.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post

    I'm sure they do, but that doesn't make it right/safe. I've never seen a bottle of Yohimbine hcl that recommended to take the entire total dosage at one time. Spreading out the total dosage just seems like it would be more effective and have less side effects. Just like with any fat burner/stimulant product.
    True, but we know as more educated consumers that these are guidelines. U dont see bronkaid being sold as a fat burner. Yohimbine bottle says 1-3 capsules daily.. That's 2.5-7.5mg and relatively useless for the purpose of a YC stack.

    I wonder if adding a dose of aspirin would help for the HIIT ?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyjd View Post

    Unless you're going carb free all day, taking all/most before you introduce insulin is preferential.
    That's why I dose it all prior to a workout (throughout the day) bc when I'm done lifting I wanna get those carbs!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    True, but we know as more educated consumers that these are guidelines. U dont see bronkaid being sold as a fat burner. Yohimbine bottle says 1-3 capsules daily.. That's 2.5-7.5mg and relatively useless for the purpose of a YC stack.

    I wonder if adding a dose of aspirin would help for the HIIT ?
    Is it really?. Maybe if that's the only thing your using stimulant wise....What about all the fat burners that have some form of yohimbe in them?. I'm sure it's not some huge arbitrary dose. I mean you don't take your entire dose for the day in one sitting for products like that. With you, you took your entire dosage at one time and couldn't breathe. That's a pretty bad side effect, which I would think was caused by taking too much at once.

  18. IMO Spreading the dose is ineffective even if your carb free all day. It's a mobilizer, you can make all the fat cells readily available that you want, but it's going to need a level of intensity to oxidize. So unless you work a high labor job it's not going go to do much to take throughout the day.

    It also builds a tolerance quickly, that's why it's better to start small and then build up to your highest dose.

    If you can handle a high heart rate and the possibility of shortness of breathe, doing HIIT is possible. The purpose of doing a shorter HIIT sesh followed by 30 mins of LISS is that the HIIT will increase blood flow, increase mobilization so when you do the bout of LISS oxidation can occur at a higher rate.
    Current Log-Olympus labs Stenadrol- http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/247378-olympus-labs-stenadrol.html#post4430422

  19. Also... Most yohimbine in fat burners is either yohimbe or an extract which are pointless.

    Yohimbine HCI Is what you want it's the pure dose of the active ingredient found IN yohimbe bark. Products with yohimbe or any other derivative are usually dosed as high as 500mg, but that's the whole bark, it is impossible to know how much actual Yohimnbine HCI is actually active.
    Current Log-Olympus labs Stenadrol- http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/247378-olympus-labs-stenadrol.html#post4430422

  20. Quote Originally Posted by bigbruiser739 View Post
    Also... Most yohimbine in fat burners is either yohimbe or an extract which are pointless.

    Yohimbine HCI Is what you want it's the pure dose of the active ingredient found IN yohimbe bark. Products with yohimbe or any other derivative are usually dosed as high as 500mg, but that's the whole bark, it is impossible to know how much actual Yohimnbine HCI is actually active.
    Yep, great point bruiser......

  21. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    True, but we know as more educated consumers that these are guidelines. U dont see bronkaid being sold as a fat burner. Yohimbine bottle says 1-3 capsules daily.. That's 2.5-7.5mg and relatively useless for the purpose of a YC stack.

    I wonder if adding a dose of aspirin would help for the HIIT ?
    This part isn't true. Yohimbine's effective dosage hasn't been established when taken in conjunction with caffeine. It's most likely much lower when you take yohimbine in the presence of caffeine. Explained well at the bottom of post 1 here: Coop's Corner #4: Alpha-2 Antagonism? Yes Please.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    This part isn't true. Yohimbine's effective dosage hasn't been established when taken in conjunction with caffeine. It's most likely much lower when you take yohimbine in the presence of caffeine. Explained well at the bottom of post 1 here: Coop's Corner #4: Alpha-2 Antagonism? Yes Please.
    You're right I did read that and forgot all about it. So I guess the best route seems to be taking a lower dose prior to HIIT. And then a dose afterward like an hour before I break my fast while I'm cooking or getting food/driving home Etc.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by bigbruiser739 View Post
    IMO Spreading the dose is ineffective even if your carb free all day. It's a mobilizer, you can make all the fat cells readily available that you want, but it's going to need a level of intensity to oxidize. So unless you work a high labor job it's not going go to do much to take throughout the day.

    It also builds a tolerance quickly, that's why it's better to start small and then build up to your highest dose.

    If you can handle a high heart rate and the possibility of shortness of breathe, doing HIIT is possible. The purpose of doing a shorter HIIT sesh followed by 30 mins of LISS is that the HIIT will increase blood flow, increase mobilization so when you do the bout of LISS oxidation can occur at a higher rate.
    I read this somewhere too. I was actually thinking of utilizing an interval of 30 seconds max output followed by 4 minutes rest for 6 rounds for one of my cardio days. It's like LISS with HIIT mixed it. Should be great with YC

    Can anyone chime in on if adding aspirin will help with the shortness of breath?

  24. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    I read this somewhere too. I was actually thinking of utilizing an interval of 30 seconds max output followed by 4 minutes rest for 6 rounds for one of my cardio days. It's like LISS with HIIT mixed it. Should be great with YC

    Can anyone chime in on if adding aspirin will help with the shortness of breath?
    Just take less yohimbine. Constantly taking more pills to stop side effects from other pills is insane.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Just take less yohimbine. Constantly taking more pills to stop side effects from other pills is insane.
    Training Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/261146-workout-log-2-a.html

  26. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post

    Just take less yohimbine. Constantly taking more pills to stop side effects from other pills is insane.


    Name:  image-4013089603.jpg
Views: 1574
Size:  32.9 KB

  27. Quote Originally Posted by bigbruiser739 View Post
    IMO Spreading the dose is ineffective even if your carb free all day. It's a mobilizer, you can make all the fat cells readily available that you want, but it's going to need a level of intensity to oxidize. So unless you work a high labor job it's not going go to do much to take throughout the day.

    It also builds a tolerance quickly, that's why it's better to start small and then build up to your highest dose.

    If you can handle a high heart rate and the possibility of shortness of breathe, doing HIIT is possible. The purpose of doing a shorter HIIT sesh followed by 30 mins of LISS is that the HIIT will increase blood flow, increase mobilization so when you do the bout of LISS oxidation can occur at a higher rate.
    No, oxidation is occurring round the clock. yohimbine will work fasted, period. There is simply MORE oxidation occurring during cardio, hence that being the best time

  28. Quote Originally Posted by bigbruiser739 View Post
    Also... Most yohimbine in fat burners is either yohimbe or an extract which are pointless.

    Yohimbine HCI Is what you want it's the pure dose of the active ingredient found IN yohimbe bark. Products with yohimbe or any other derivative are usually dosed as high as 500mg, but that's the whole bark, it is impossible to know how much actual Yohimnbine HCI is actually active.
    Not as pointless as you think if you understand the science behind the plant. There are several lipolytic alkaloids, and many of them are actually superior to yohmbine for fat loss (lower affinity for a2 [yohimbine has the highest], but much MUCH higher halflife [yohimbine's is short; some of these have a longer halflife than caffeine])

  29. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    Not as pointless as you think if you understand the science behind the plant. There are several lipolytic alkaloids, and many of them are actually superior to yohmbine for fat loss (lower affinity for a2 [yohimbine has the highest], but much MUCH higher halflife [yohimbine's is short; some of these have a longer halflife than caffeine])
    Does the longer half life mean you would need to dose it further away from HIIT if u want to minimize the breathing/HR issues?

  30. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Not as pointless as you think if you understand the science behind the plant. There are several lipolytic alkaloids, and many of them are actually superior to yohmbine for fat loss (lower affinity for a2 [yohimbine has the highest], but much MUCH higher halflife [yohimbine's is short; some of these have a longer halflife than caffeine])
    Pointless was a poor choice of words.... But those alkaloids are also the bigger culprit for side effects. And it still makes near impossible for the average consumer to differentiate between products how much of what is in the bark. Call me bias, but I follow what Lyle recommends.
    Current Log-Olympus labs Stenadrol- http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/247378-olympus-labs-stenadrol.html#post4430422
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 07:13 PM
  2. Yohimbine hcl. Trans Nasal?
    By Balsam in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2003, 12:12 PM
  3. r-ala and Yohimbine hcl
    By Balsam in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2003, 10:38 AM
  4. yohimbine hcl
    By SCORPIO in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-17-2003, 02:55 PM
  5. Help me find best yohimbine HCL product?
    By smokinghawk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2002, 05:44 PM
Log in
Log in