Healthy protein bar besides quest

amarula

Awards
I'm looking for alternatives. Any other options?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Because you dislike something about Quest or just price-point?

BPX is similar and more affordable

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Not always easy to buy quest in my country and getting from US is sometimes expensive
I hear you. Only a few stores carry them here and they are $3/ bar

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
would much rather make my own bar, or protein balls..
easy to make, put your own ingredients together at your pleasure, healthier for you, no hidden ingredients or nasty sugar alcohols, and tastes better too .. store in fridge, take with you in Tupperware container..
winning

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
would much rather make my own bar, or protein balls..
easy to make, put your own ingredients together at your pleasure, healthier for you, no hidden ingredients or nasty sugar alcohols, and tastes better too .. store in fridge, take with you in Tupperware container..
winning
This man knows the way.

Anything you can make yourself you should. There are a lot of simple no-bake protein bar/ball recipes around

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Oh Yeah Victory Bars, VPX Life Lift Bars, and ANSI Gourmet Cheesecake Bars.

digitalducki

digitalducki

Awards
  • Established
The vpx bars have a similar profile from what I remember but a smoother texture

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The vpx bars have a similar profile from what I remember but a smoother texture
That's pretty dead on. The 3 I posted above all have similar profile. I'm probably forgetting a couple.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can't fathom why rise bars aren't catching on more. The vanilla almond has 3 ingredients, the carob has 5. Both taste awesome.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
Anyone here made their own with good results?

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do have some Quest and Victory bars for those times. But I try not to use bars unless home made.

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
Get VPX. Oh Yeah Victory and ANSI are disgusting.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I can't fathom why rise bars aren't catching on more. The vanilla almond has 3 ingredients, the carob has 5. Both taste awesome.
Yep... Knew I forgot at least. I remember you talking about them elsewhere an that's where I took notice.

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
Just looked them up. Bar looks small. It's 260 calories for 15g of protein and 13g of fat. I do like that it is higher in carbs, but those macros suck...

Vanilla almond has 20g of protein but is 280 calories, 16g of fat...no thanks

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just looked them up. Bar looks small. It's 260 calories for 15g of protein and 13g of fat. I do like that it is higher in carbs, but those macros suck... Vanilla almond has 20g of protein but is 280 calories, 16g of fat...no thanks
Fat coming from almonds. And it's only 3 ingredients. I know many aren't health conscious outside of daily macro's, but these are a great choice.

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
Fat coming from almonds. And it's only 3 ingredients. I know many aren't health conscious outside of daily macro's, but these are a great choice.
They looks tasty tbh. I may pick up a couple just to try.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just looked them up. Bar looks small. It's 260 calories for 15g of protein and 13g of fat. I do like that it is higher in carbs, but those macros suck...

Vanilla almond has 20g of protein but is 280 calories, 16g of fat...no thanks
Rise bars has 2 new ones coming out. One lemon flavored and another... Both super tasty! As far as the original ones 3 ingredients (honey, almonds, WPI) no labeling issues... These are pretty top notch IMO. And ANSI cheesecake bars are stupid tasty

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
Rise bars has 2 new ones coming out. One lemon flavored and another... Both super tasty! As far as the original ones 3 ingredients (honey, almonds, WPI) no labeling issues... These are pretty top notch IMO. And ANSI cheesecake bars are stupid tasty
mod edit: review the rules

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
nice post
too many ppl look simply to macros, without paying attention to the micros of those micros

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You guys should look into

Dales raw protein bars

They are vegan, but just look at the ingredient profile.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Hard to compete with Quest if you're looking for similar macros. I just wait fir a sale and buy it then, I don't use protein bars often at the moment anyways

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
$36 for a box of 12 is steep. Calories/fats too high for bars IMO.
They run buy one box get one free every so often which makes it cheaper then quest, and healthier great ingredient profile.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I agree but 16g for just 1 bar! I only take in about 40-60g of fats a day.
Oh yeah then it wont really fit your macros lol.

Im at 120g p/d

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Pure Fitness Krave Bars all the way!

There's also:

Oh Yeah Victory bars
ANSI Cheesecake Bars
Life Lift (not big on these)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards

amarula

Awards
I'll check these out. Thank you all for the sugestions

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Boom! Amen

would much rather make my own bar, or protein balls.. easy to make, put your own ingredients together at your pleasure, healthier for you, no hidden ingredients or nasty sugar alcohols, and tastes better too .. store in fridge, take with you in Tupperware container.. winning

a312

Awards
Are these quest bars any good then? Trying to lean up but combatting my sweet tooth is a real issue but im not going too bad, but thinking to get some of these when a craving strikes?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chef Irvine bars are awesome. I've only tried Cookies and Cream (cause that's the flavor I always prefer anyway) and they're awesome and fill you up pretty welll. I'm going to try Krave bars soon.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Are these quest bars any good then? Trying to lean up but combatting my sweet tooth is a real issue but im not going too bad, but thinking to get some of these when a craving strikes?
They are fantastic, by far my favourite. It should do a better job at satiating hunger due ti all the fibre and lack of sugars.
At the same time it tastes so good you will want more than 1 every time so only pack one lol

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Chef Irvine bars are awesome. I've only tried Cookies and Cream (cause that's the flavor I always prefer anyway) and they're awesome and fill you up pretty welll. I'm going to try Krave bars soon.
I need to try those Chef Irvine bars ASAP.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You will lean up with a caloric deficit,
Any bar would work as long as you fit it into your calories.
Quest is a good choice.