protein powder while cutting

irowland1994

Awards
Whats a good protein powder for cutting? That is low carb and low fat and tastes good? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Whats a good protein powder for cutting? That is low carb and low fat and tastes good? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?
PES Select Protein.
100%

Read their write-up on their website or nutraplanet. Quality lean powder. Flavouring is phenomenal as well; pick your poison, Chocolate, Cookies and Cream, or Snickerdoodle.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No but in all seriousness any protein is going to be about 150 calories per scoop so find something that fits your 1.budget 2.macros and 3.is palatable. Personally oxyelite protein, PES select, and CL pronom are my go to blends

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cellucor makes some tasty stuff.

irowland1994

Awards
Price isn't a big issue for me i'm just trying to find a protein low in carbs and fats and doesn't taste like ****

irowland1994

Awards
i usually stuck with allmax nutrition isoflex but im getting tired of it

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cellucor or gold standard(on) both offer what u r looking for....
:)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Select protein has the added benefit of a blend (increased protein synthesis) from arguably the two best protein sources (MPI+WPC) plus leucine peptides to help spare muscle. It also tastes amazing and will satisfy cravings on a cut, while also keeping you full due to slower gastric emptying than a pure whey

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've personally been using a blend + leucine post-workout.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't tend to switch proteins for a cut, I just don't use a weight gainer type product. However I'd go with Isotean, straight whey isolate.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Select would meet your criteria (great taste, low carb/fat).

I would note that specific protein powder isn't going to make or break a cut (that will be overall nutrition and training), but if you are going to go with something quality PES Select would be a great option.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Select protein has the added benefit of a blend (increased protein synthesis) from arguably the two best protein sources (MPI+WPC) plus leucine peptides to help spare muscle. It also tastes amazing and will satisfy cravings on a cut, while also keeping you full due to slower gastric emptying than a pure whey
^ this

Amazing profile, no creamers or fillers, unreal taste!

irowland1994

Awards
Either pes is really good or everyone's getting paid to suggest it but I'm check it out

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I can't even bring myself to buy other powders now... Saw a good deal on MP protein which I always used once upon a time. After reading the ingredients I couldn't do it though. I will stick to my quality brands.

Whatever protein you decide on just be sure to scrutinize the ingredients. You will find most add ingredients to spike protein readings, or are full of hydrogenated oils/creamer/sugar.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Either pes is really good or everyone's getting paid to suggest it but I'm check it out
Or other possibilities.

I know the price of protein isn't going down anytime soon, so keep that in mind. Cheap ($) protein usually = a cheap (ingredient profile) protein. I stress usually; there are always exceptions. Read the labels carefully.

Guar gum = a thickener. Carrageenan = algae/seaweed extract used as a thickener. Amino acids in the blend are frowned upon by most, yet those same aminos are ok to be sold as a standalone product it seems. Protein %, cost, and ingredients can be tricky to navigate to find the right one.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
The products speaks for itself, our customers like to support quality products.

irowland1994

Awards
I was only joking im a big fan of pes to be honest

irowland1994

Awards
Or other possibilities.

I know the price of protein isn't going down anytime soon, so keep that in mind. Cheap ($) protein usually = a cheap (ingredient profile) protein. I stress usually; there are always exceptions. Read the labels carefully.

Guar gum = a thickener. Carrageenan = algae/seaweed extract used as a thickener. Amino acids in the blend are frowned upon by most, yet those same aminos are ok to be sold as a standalone product it seems. Protein %, cost, and ingredients can be tricky to navigate to find the right one.
Thats the problem Ive been looking up some suggested proteins and then the more i research the ingrediant the more it makes me not want to buy the protein

irowland1994

Awards
Or other possibilities.

is guar gum bad because it is in pes select protein

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guar gum is in a lot of things

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Cellucor makes some tasty stuff.
Cellucor or gold standard(on) both offer what u r looking for....
:)
These

+ This
i would add Cotrolled Labs Pronom into the mix as well.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Guar gum is not only not bad but possibly beneficial to health. It's there as a thickener and takes virtually no space in the scoop. If you are seriously worried about thickeners in protein powders, there may be a hint of obsession-compulsion in your attention to nutrition

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Guar gum is not only not bad but possibly beneficial to health. It's there as a thickener and takes virtually no space in the scoop. If you are seriously worried about thickeners in protein powders, there may be a hint of obsession-compulsion in your attention to nutrition
Have you ever just added it to plan protein powder for it's ability to thicken shakes? I've never tried it in this manner, nor have I actually ever seen it in the store to be honest.

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
Just buy the protein you enjoy the most. For the most part it won't make a difference. I like BSN Syntha 6. It's 200 calories per scoop but I like the taste.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Have you ever just added it to plan protein powder for it's ability to thicken shakes? I've never tried it in this manner, nor have I actually ever seen it in the store to be honest.
I used to do this with xantham gum, i like my shakes extra thick.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I usually don't care for too thick of shakes. If I'm using a blend it's typically thick enough as is.
I always mix with the minimum recommended amount of fluid, sometimes less. It's been a while now since I've had my powder in a shake though.

Ideally I would have my shakes like an extra thick milkshake. The kind that is barely drinkable with a straw.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PES Select Protein.
100%

Read their write-up on their website or nutraplanet. Quality lean powder. Flavouring is phenomenal as well; pick your poison, Chocolate, Cookies and Cream, or Snickerdoodle.
If price isnt an issue then this stuff is where its at. This stuff is my protein of choice. Great complex and taste.

irowland1994

Awards
so many proteins to choose from has anyone tried pes select cookies and creme

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
Cookies & cream is awesome! Definitely give it a try.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you all for the Select love. :)

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
I have both. Right now I'm mixing half & half of each together. I know everyone is raving over snickerdoodle, but I really love the C&C. Definitely going to order another one soon.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Muscle Feast protein is naturally sweetened and has no extra fillers or other crap. Its pretty much the only protein I buy these days. The price is very reasonable too.

Right now they are having a sale where you can get up to 41% off the list prices.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
so many proteins to choose from has anyone tried pes select cookies and creme
My favourite. If you like cinnamon-like powders Snickerdoodle is also worth a try, seems to be the most popular

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
I have both. Right now I'm mixing half & half of each together. I know everyone is raving over snickerdoodle, but I really love the C&C. Definitely going to order another one soon.
^ this, I enjoy half and half

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Still did not do the half and half
something about Cookies and Cinnamon just seems weird.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have tried snickerdoodle for my first time today.

I am a believer!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Powdered chicken works the best

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
OxyElite protein is still some good stuff though.
This.

If powders are what you're after, reviews are good for oxyelite as well