AnaBeta and Type 1 Diabetes?

  1. New Member
    NickAntos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    18
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    51.5%

    AnaBeta and Type 1 Diabetes?


    I am a type 1 diabetic and I'm looking to purchase AnaBeta. Is AnaBeta safe for type 1 diabetics? My main concern is AnaBeta affecting blood sugars since it does increase appetite. I take Novolog insulin with a pump if that matters.

  2. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,851
    Rep Power
    10742920
    Level
    116
    Lv. Percent
    54.95%
    Achievements Activity GodActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

    If anyone suffers from pre existing medical conditions we would always recommend that they sought advice from their doctor prior to using any PES supplement.

    When it comes to a customer's health, it is better to be extra cautious.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  3. New Member
    NickAntos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    18
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    51.5%

    I've never had any trouble with any supplement I have taken affecting my diabetes and I think every supplement has the warning similar to the one on AnaBeta. Has anybody read or heard anything about diabetics taking AnaBeta?
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    RecompMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,117
    Rep Power
    2417340
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    87.25%
    Achievements Activity VeteranPosting AuthorityActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by NickAntos View Post
    I've never had any trouble with any supplement I have taken affecting my diabetes and I think every supplement has the warning similar to the one on AnaBeta. Has anybody read or heard anything about diabetics taking AnaBeta?
    Ill comment

    If it does have insulin mimicking or incretin mimicking properties (FORSKOLIN =glp1) it may be wise to manage your insulin dose accordingly due to possible lowering effects to prevent hypoglycemia
  5. New Member
    NickAntos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    18
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    51.5%

    Just to clarify I am talking about AnaBeta not AnaBeta Elite.
  6. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,833
    Rep Power
    2470001
    Level
    73
    Lv. Percent
    8.33%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If anyone suffers from pre existing medical conditions we would always recommend that they sought advice from their doctor prior to using any PES supplement.

    When it comes to a customer's health, it is better to be extra cautious.
    Always an appropriate response...I'm just trying to picture what the doctor would think when they read the profile. Probably wouldn't have a clue what it is or what it even does.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  7. New Member
    NickAntos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    18
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    51.5%

    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Always an appropriate response...I'm just trying to picture what the doctor would think when they read the profile. Probably wouldn't have a clue what it is or what it even does.
    Spot on. That's why I came here to ask about it.
  8. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,920
    Rep Power
    7913944
    Level
    104
    Lv. Percent
    10.89%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by NickAntos View Post
    Spot on. That's why I came here to ask about it.
    Not spot on. We all have access to a reference data base for natural herbs and compounds. It's roughly 20 times the size of examine. I just did a cursory search and anacyclus is on there
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  9. New Member
    Vj63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    125811
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    99.57%

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Not spot on. We all have access to a reference data base for natural herbs and compounds. It's roughly 20 times the size of examine. I just did a cursory search and anacyclus is on there
    You need to slip off your rose colored glasses and join most people in the real world where most medical professionals are tied to guidelines of treatment. Due to fear of litigation or license revocation the average m.d. is not going to thoroughly research and recommend a patient ingest some 2 bit herbal extract offered by some supplement company.
    Your overly optimistic view is as just as tiresome as the viewpoint of many that most doctors are not capable of properly adhering a band-aid.
  10. Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,300
    Rep Power
    6974885
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    98.58%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    Not spot on. We all have access to a reference data base for natural herbs and compounds. It's roughly 20 times the size of examine. I just did a cursory search and anacyclus is on there
    The problem is most GP are not going to take the time to look them up in the data bases and just say no. Luckily my Dr works out and takes "basic" supps like creatine and Beta Alanine himself

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
  11. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,833
    Rep Power
    2470001
    Level
    73
    Lv. Percent
    8.33%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    Not spot on. We all have access to a reference data base for natural herbs and compounds. It's roughly 20 times the size of examine. I just did a cursory search and anacyclus is on there
    Yeah most doctors are too busy to care.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  12. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,920
    Rep Power
    7913944
    Level
    104
    Lv. Percent
    10.89%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Vj63 View Post
    You need to slip off your rose colored glasses and join most people in the real world where most medical professionals are tied to guidelines of treatment. Due to fear of litigation or license revocation the average m.d. is not going to thoroughly research and recommend a patient ingest some 2 bit herbal extract offered by some supplement company.
    Your overly optimistic view is as just as tiresome as the viewpoint of many that most doctors are not capable of properly adhering a band-aid.
    It appears a nerve has been struck. I completely agree about the risks of recommending an herbal supplement as an MD. But you must understand:

    1. I was addressing the point that a doctor cannot or will not understand how a supplement works. They are perfectly capable of examining literature.

    2. Just as a doctor cannot risk giving advice on herbals, we as reps cannot risk giving advice on herbal-drug/illness combinations. So as much as it appears to eat you up inside, the only response you'll see from PES is to ask your physician.

    3. The majority of doctors are indeed not educated in supplements. It's up to the consumer to find a doctor that fits their lifestyle. They exist in every locale, hence the importance of having a primary care physician you can trust and believe in.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  13. Professional Member
    drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,939
    Rep Power
    2883062
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    10.98%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Most docs will advise against any dietary supplements, because they are not approved by the FDA, AND the Docs do not get paid to recommend non Rx.

    Cold hard truth.
    But, some docs do appreciate a good supplement, and some will go the extra mile to research. But with new healthcare legislation, I think we are going to see a lot more hurried and non-individualized medical care.

    Just my opinion
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. ATTN: Users of PES AnaBeta and those interested in AnaBeta
    By nattydisaster in forum Supplements
    Replies: 637
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 05:41 AM
  2. Collagen type 1 and type 2
    By chainsaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 09:17 AM
  3. ALA brand and types
    By Scottyo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-02-2003, 11:23 PM
  4. best protein powder brand and type?
    By Jfcripped21 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 05:18 PM
Log in
Log in