AnaBeta and Type 1 Diabetes?

NickAntos

Awards
I am a type 1 diabetic and I'm looking to purchase AnaBeta. Is AnaBeta safe for type 1 diabetics? My main concern is AnaBeta affecting blood sugars since it does increase appetite. I take Novolog insulin with a pump if that matters.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If anyone suffers from pre existing medical conditions we would always recommend that they sought advice from their doctor prior to using any PES supplement.

When it comes to a customer's health, it is better to be extra cautious. :)

NickAntos

Awards
I've never had any trouble with any supplement I have taken affecting my diabetes and I think every supplement has the warning similar to the one on AnaBeta. Has anybody read or heard anything about diabetics taking AnaBeta?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never had any trouble with any supplement I have taken affecting my diabetes and I think every supplement has the warning similar to the one on AnaBeta. Has anybody read or heard anything about diabetics taking AnaBeta?
Ill comment

If it does have insulin mimicking or incretin mimicking properties (FORSKOLIN =glp1) it may be wise to manage your insulin dose accordingly due to possible lowering effects to prevent hypoglycemia

NickAntos

Awards
Just to clarify I am talking about AnaBeta not AnaBeta Elite.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If anyone suffers from pre existing medical conditions we would always recommend that they sought advice from their doctor prior to using any PES supplement.

When it comes to a customer's health, it is better to be extra cautious. :)
Always an appropriate response...I'm just trying to picture what the doctor would think when they read the profile. Probably wouldn't have a clue what it is or what it even does.

NickAntos

Awards
Always an appropriate response...I'm just trying to picture what the doctor would think when they read the profile. Probably wouldn't have a clue what it is or what it even does.
Spot on. That's why I came here to ask about it.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Spot on. That's why I came here to ask about it.
Not spot on. We all have access to a reference data base for natural herbs and compounds. It's roughly 20 times the size of examine. I just did a cursory search and anacyclus is on there

Vj63

Banned
Awards
Not spot on. We all have access to a reference data base for natural herbs and compounds. It's roughly 20 times the size of examine. I just did a cursory search and anacyclus is on there
You need to slip off your rose colored glasses and join most people in the real world where most medical professionals are tied to guidelines of treatment. Due to fear of litigation or license revocation the average m.d. is not going to thoroughly research and recommend a patient ingest some 2 bit herbal extract offered by some supplement company.
Your overly optimistic view is as just as tiresome as the viewpoint of many that most doctors are not capable of properly adhering a band-aid.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The problem is most GP are not going to take the time to look them up in the data bases and just say no. Luckily my Dr works out and takes "basic" supps like creatine and Beta Alanine himself

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah most doctors are too busy to care.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
You need to slip off your rose colored glasses and join most people in the real world where most medical professionals are tied to guidelines of treatment. Due to fear of litigation or license revocation the average m.d. is not going to thoroughly research and recommend a patient ingest some 2 bit herbal extract offered by some supplement company.
Your overly optimistic view is as just as tiresome as the viewpoint of many that most doctors are not capable of properly adhering a band-aid.
It appears a nerve has been struck. I completely agree about the risks of recommending an herbal supplement as an MD. But you must understand:

1. I was addressing the point that a doctor cannot or will not understand how a supplement works. They are perfectly capable of examining literature.

2. Just as a doctor cannot risk giving advice on herbals, we as reps cannot risk giving advice on herbal-drug/illness combinations. So as much as it appears to eat you up inside, the only response you'll see from PES is to ask your physician.

3. The majority of doctors are indeed not educated in supplements. It's up to the consumer to find a doctor that fits their lifestyle. They exist in every locale, hence the importance of having a primary care physician you can trust and believe in.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Most docs will advise against any dietary supplements, because they are not approved by the FDA, AND the Docs do not get paid to recommend non Rx.

Cold hard truth.
But, some docs do appreciate a good supplement, and some will go the extra mile to research. But with new healthcare legislation, I think we are going to see a lot more hurried and non-individualized medical care.

Just my opinion