Assault - Vitamin B12 1500% above DV ??????????? why - AnabolicMinds.com

Assault - Vitamin B12 1500% above DV ??????????? why

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  90 lbs.

Assault - Vitamin B12 1500% above DV ??????????? why

Hey guys
    Im using Assault because i wanted to tap off preworkouts, ive been using some quite stronger stuff so thought idd go with some thing less powerfull
    But looking at the Assaulst ingridience list, vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) is listed quite high at 1457% dv or something

Why is it so high??? is it bad?

2. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Totally fine
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Profion View Post
    Hey guys Im using Assault because i wanted to tap off preworkouts, ive been using some quite stronger stuff so thought idd go with some thing less powerfull But looking at the Assaulst ingridience list, vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) is listed quite high at 1457% dv or something Why is it so high??? is it bad?
    Yea b12 isn't even very orally bioavailable I think that's why it's dosed so high. All the B12 I see come in sublingual tabs
    •   

4. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Yea b12 isn't even very orally bioavailable I think that's why it's dosed so high. All the B12 I see come in sublingual tabs
    Oral bioavailability is fine, companies try to confuse consumers. Exceptions are intrinsic factor deficiency (which I actually have genetically) and terminal ileum resection
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  90 lbs.

Can you explain that in alittle less advanced english? I thought that B12 only was absorbed at 10% ?
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Profion View Post
    Can you explain that in alittle less advanced english? I thought that B12 only was absorbed at 10% ?
    Where did you read this?

7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Vit B is water soluable anyway. You will pass the excess out.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  90 lbs.

in another thread here on the board, by "john something" if i remember correctly.
  9. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    Vit B is water soluable anyway. You will pass the excess out.
    More broscience promoted by companies. B12 can and is stored
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    More broscience promoted by companies. B12 can and is stored
    No it's not. Like anything in excess, your body will get rid of it if it needs to. He was worried about having to much b12. I never said it couldn't be stored, it would have to be stores or else how would we use it? I just stated it was water soluable, it is, and your body can easily get rid of it if he took to much.
  11. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    No it's not. Like anything in excess, your body will get rid of it if it needs to. He was worried about having to much b12. I never said it couldn't be stored, it would have to be stores or else how would we use it? I just stated it was water soluable, it is, and your body can easily get rid of it if he took to much.
    Lol. Yes it is stored, and no, storage is not a prerequisite for use. And further more, there are VERY FEW things in your body that will be excreted in a compensatory fashion if too much is consumed.

What other water soluble vitamin can be given in a depot injection and still maintain b12 levels months after no b12 consumption via liver saturation? None.

Excretion is easy, but don't underrate the storage capacity of the body. You WILL have elevated b12 levels by consuming such high amounts because it IS capable of being stored in excess. However, this elevation (I have 6x the upper limit, for instance) is benign. That's the reason it's safe. Not bioavailability. Not lack of storage.

Please, no more broscience in one thread...my head hurts
  12. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Lol. Yes it is stored, and no, storage is not a prerequisite for use. And further more, there are VERY FEW things in your body that will be excreted in a compensatory fashion if too much is consumed. What other water soluble vitamin can be given in a depot injection and still maintain b12 levels months after no b12 consumption via liver saturation? None. Excretion is easy, but don't underrate the storage capacity of the body. You WILL have elevated b12 levels by consuming such high amounts because it IS capable of being stored in excess. However, this elevation (I have 6x the upper limit, for instance) is benign. That's the reason it's safe. Not bioavailability. Not lack of storage. Please, no more broscience in one thread...my head hurts
    Just out of curiosity how much b12 do you recommend a day by supplementation?
  13. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Just out of curiosity how much b12 do you recommend a day by supplementation?
    Zero. It's incredibly easy to get via diet if you eat meat. Like we're talking murdering the RDA in a single meal
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.

Lol. Yes it is stored, and no, storage is not a prerequisite for use. And further more, there are VERY FEW things in your body that will be excreted in a compensatory fashion if too much is consumed. What other water soluble vitamin can be given in a depot injection and still maintain b12 levels months after no b12 consumption via liver saturation? None. Excretion is easy, but don't underrate the storage capacity of the body. You WILL have elevated b12 levels by consuming such high amounts because it IS capable of being stored in excess. However, this elevation (I have 6x the upper limit, for instance) is benign. That's the reason it's safe. Not bioavailability. Not lack of storage. Please, no more broscience in one thread...my head hurts
    I mean it was in my bio book, not sure how that's bro science. But alright.

Edit- I'm going to sleep. Thought we were talking about something else -____- my bad
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Vitamin B12 Injectables
    By Brolic in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 01:44 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 01:11 PM
  3. Vitamin B12
    By jjohn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 06:27 PM