Low carbers - Any of you on a GDA?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any LONG TIME low carbers switch to a moderate to high level carb intake regimen and remain lean by/with using a GDA or insulin mimicking or sensitizing agent?

Please post up.

LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK FROM LONG TIME LOW CARBERS ONLY PLEASE. Thank you

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes. I use AP/Recompodrol religiously.

Did an entire prep low carb then transitioned to moderate carb with the above mentioned (and ALA) and things went great. Added some size and came in leaner 10 weeks later.
This.. I increased my carbs with anabolic pump in a contest prep.

Mike

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks peeps

I wonder of one couild employ this strategy indefintely with similarly appreciated..dare I say "advantageous" results comparatively.

Other than my cheat meals, which I get in consistently (sometimes going hog wild on LOL).... any time I have remained on even a low-moderate carb intake consistently? EPIC FAIL

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I believe theres a possibility its advantageous. I find the use of GDAs during keto dieting is a must if you want the fastest results. that being said I am looking forward to a future iForce entry into this niche market. currently my favorite is OG slin sane. but there are several good ones like recompadrol and burn 24 to name a couple off the top of my head.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This.. I increased my carbs with anabolic pump in a contest prep.

Mike
Worked great on your peak week as well for the pittsburgh, coming in your tightest and leanest yet mike.
Looks like we will use the same strategy we used for the pittsburgh seeing it worked very well for you with the small changes we made in the last 36 hours when i came down

Cant wait to see you on stage again.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's the date of the Berg comp?

Worked great on your peak week as well for the pittsburgh, coming in your tightest and leanest yet mike. Looks like we will use the same strategy we used for the pittsburgh seeing it worked very well for you with the small changes we made in the last 36 hours when i came down Cant wait to see you on stage again.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Might have to go!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I run recompadrol almost year round other than when I log something

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I need a quick schooling on these type of supps.

Are any if these geared towards simple carbs or complex only?

Which in this group are designed to be taken with meals (b/c 30-60 minutes pre-meal is one more thing my old azz has to remember and as such spells FAIL - pain in the butt)?

Can any of these supps be taken year-round (or do they need to be cycled to remain efficacious)?

Has it been "proven" yet that these type of supps drive the glucose into muscle cells vs fat cells? I recall a long detailed thread where no conclusion had been reached at the time. If all these supps do is clear the glucose out of the bloodstream quicker (w/ no directed preference to muscle cells and away from fat cells) then what's the point?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Which in this group are designed to be taken with meals (b/c 30-60 minutes pre-meal is one more thing my old azz has to remember and as such spells FAIL - pain in the butt)?

Can any of these supps be taken year-round (or do they need to be cycled to remain efficacious)?

Has it been "proven" yet that these type of supps drive the glucose into muscle cells vs fat cells? I recall a long detailed thread where no conclusion had been reached at the time. If all these supps do is clear the glucose out of the bloodstream quicker (w/ no directed preference to muscle cells and away from fat cells) then what's the point?
Cycle the product
Does not matter carb source, the amount of carbs is what matters
take 15-30 minutes prior.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Proven;

No

Here's the educated guess/possible ways it may be selective

Reduction of PPARy : key lipogenic receptor
Reduction of SREB1: also similar to the above. These are the first few steps
Increases PPARa: uptake into liver and muscle with increases in UCP and fatty acid oxidation
Reduction of FAS: another way we prevent fat gain and accumulation of lipids in the adipocytes

So as you see, selective? Not exactly, but more so when you combine the mechanisms above

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Proven;

No

Here's the educated guess/possible ways it may be selective

Reduction of PPARy : key lipogenic receptor
Reduction of SREB1: also similar to the above. These are the first few steps
Increases PPARa: uptake into liver and muscle with increases in UCP and fatty acid oxidation
Reduction of FAS: another way we prevent fat gain and accumulation of lipids in the adipocytes

So as you see, selective? Not exactly, but more so when you combine the mechanisms above
This isn't quite as catchy as taglines like "product X force feeds your muscles with carbs" lol. :D

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This isn't quite as catchy as taglines like "product X force feeds your muscles with carbs" lol. :D
I have found 2 ingredients tho that work pretty much as selective as it can be

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Always so secretive mentioning new ingredients you've found or are trying.

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
Will we see them in future EBF products?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Small company, not a lot if money gotta keep some things to myself
No I agree, I try to follow along and read your posts around here
I like that you try everything out yourself when formulating, EBF is a brand I believe in and use.
GDA and nutrient-uptake effecting supplements are very interesting, and an EBF specialty.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like that you try everything out yourself when formulating, EBF is a brand I believe in and use.
GDA and nutrient-uptake effecting supplements are very interesting, and an EBF specialty.
Thanks man I take pride in my research and how about things

Problem is I look at science to much and not necessarily what's "mainstream" and will sell

Myke17

Myke17

Awards
Quoted for truth!

Reading through these forums you get to know which people have the knowledge worth listening to. EBF is right up there.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Quoted for truth! Reading through these forums you get to know which people have the knowledge worth listening to. EBF is right up there.
Agreed as well. Which is why I'm running a nice EBF stack (MP/recomp/AAv2 plus some alphamine) and logging it totally unsponsored. People need to know so Zach can do more research and come out with more great products. I've had great results at 4+ weeks and just got more stuff to keep it going.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Agreed as well. Which is why I'm running a nice EBF stack (MP/recomp/AAv2 plus some alphamine) and logging it totally unsponsored. People need to know so Zach can do more research and come out with more great products. I've had great results at 4+ weeks and just got more stuff to keep it going.
Glad you are enjoying pur products man

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
We're all looking forward to more. MP + Recompadrol are always in my stash
For sure. Following Zachs log he hints at so many great possibilities

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For sure. Following Zachs log he hints at so many great possibilities
I legit research a minimum of 30 hours a week on various topics

This week is DHA ;)

Interesting stuff there

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I legit research a minimum of 30 hours a week on various topics This week is DHA ;) Interesting stuff there
This is exactly why people trust your opinion and formulations ha.

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
I legit research a minimum of 30 hours a week on various topics

This week is DHA ;)

Interesting stuff there
EBF's Corner #1 DHA what is it good for? :)

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
EBF's Corner #1 DHA what is it good for? :)
Ill post the name if the study;

Docosahexaenoic acid inhibits adipocyte differentiation and induces apoptosis in 3t3-L1 preadipocytes

Docosahexaenoic acid enhances cyclooxygenase 2 induction by facilitating p44/42 but not p38, mitogen activated protein kinase activation in rat vascular smooth muscle cells

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
EBF is one of the most valuable assets on this board. I buy AAv2 and recompadrol knowing that the money is going to further R&D of truly effective products (serious)

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
EBF is one of the most valuable assets on this board. I buy AAv2 and recompadrol knowing that the money is going to further R&D of truly effective products (serious)
Thank you man! Really appreciate it! We all feel the same towards you man.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you man! Really appreciate it! We all feel the same towards you man.
I agree with both of ya. Now can we get past this love-fest and back on topic? :D

Lol

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Here...here! That's why I've named my youngest Zach.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks man I take pride in my research and how about things Problem is I look at science to much and not necessarily what's "mainstream" and will sell
In regards to what's sells, I have to say regarding the Recompadrol... Good science and ticks all the relevant boxes for the ever growing category that is GDA's... Has pretty much set the standard.

And in regards to what's will sell, who designed the Recompadrol bottle/packaging?
The bottle is sick!

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In regards to what's sells, I have to say regarding the Recompadrol... Good science and ticks all the relevant boxes for the ever growing category that is GDA's... Has pretty much set the standard.

And in regards to what's will sell, who designed the Recompadrol bottle/packaging?
The bottle is sick!
I did!

It was a different tiger at first, changed to a different one but idea was mine

Born year of the tiger, hence the tiger lol.

And if you look carefully on the aav2 label you see "flames". The symbol was fire for that year.

I think moving forward it may have to be toned down for more general population along with product names

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I did! It was a different tiger at first, changed to a different one but idea was mine Born year of the tiger, hence the tiger lol. And if you look carefully on the aav2 label you see "flames". The symbol was fire for that year. I think moving forward it may have to be toned down for more general population along with product names

Nice one. Don't change the Recompadrol bottle it's probably the best bottle packaging I've ever seen, the colours and the tiger.

I recommend you don't change the design at all... Name up to you but the red tiger is insane. I sometimes find myself just opening my supp cupboard just to look at (strange I know) and when buying I was emailing the stockers in the UK to make sure I got that design (red) white was cool but the red one is ridiculous.

Attachments

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Nice one. Don't change the Recompadrol bottle it's probably the best bottle packaging I've ever seen, the colours and the tiger.

I recommend you don't change the design at all... Name up to you but the red tiger is insane. I sometimes find myself just opening my supp cupboard just to look at (strange I know) and when buying I was emailing the stockers in the UK to make sure I got that design (red) white was cool but the red one is ridiculous.
My stack is painfully similar to yours. I even have the same rhodiola ($2.50 a bottle at GNC, stocked up)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My stack is painfully similar to yours. I even have the same rhodiola ($2.50 a bottle at GNC, stocked up)
Do you have the bananas and wheat biscuits anabolic stack? ;)

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys see a big difference taking rhodiola as a stand alone supplement?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer