Need Creatine in pill form

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Interested in taking a creatine supp but for convenience, it needs to be in pill form. I think I've narrowed my choices to Omega Trinitine, Millenium Cre02, or Creapure caps from Jarrow Formulas. Any recommendations for me?

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Cre02, no bloat, adaptogens, awesome pumps and awesome strength gains....been taking it on and off for almost 5 1/2 years ( Mostly on :lol: )

Favorite product ever.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Went with Trinitine. Will have to try Cre02 in the future. Thanks for the replies.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Missed this, but for next time, Crea-Trona Is also offered in a pill. Maybe next time :)

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have never met someone who needs it in pill form.. what is that your requirement bro.. just curious!

Mike

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Creatine mono would be poorly absorbed in pill form but I can't speak for other forms of creatine. Usually people go with creatine mono because it is cheap and works. If you have stomach issues then try letting it sit in some water for an hour or so before drinking it and it will also absorb better when it is more dissolved.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have never met someone who needs it in pill form.. what is that your requirement bro.. just curious! Mike
I go to the gym in the evening right after work. I really don't have the time to take a powder as I am on the go. Pills way more convenient for me.

S

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Creatine mono would be poorly absorbed in pill form but I can't speak for other forms of creatine. Usually people go with creatine mono because it is cheap and works. If you have stomach issues then try letting it sit in some water for an hour or so before drinking it and it will also absorb better when it is more dissolved.
why would mono in pill form be poorer absorption than mono powder?
and why would letting it sit in water aid stomach discomfort issues?

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
why would mono in pill form be poorer absorption than mono powder? and why would letting it sit in water aid stomach discomfort issues?
Creatine becomes ineffective if not consumed within 10 minutes in water FYI.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Went with Trinitine. Will have to try Cre02 in the future. Thanks for the replies.
Right on dude, just FYI cre02 does contain MCC ( magnesium creatine chelate ) which is also the main for trinitine from what I remember.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
why would mono in pill form be poorer absorption than mono powder?
and why would letting it sit in water aid stomach discomfort issues?
I'd have to look up sources but if I'm not mistaken the larger creatine salts are what cause stomach discomfort and that dissolving them in water until they are fully dissolved will help clear that issue.

S

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Creatine becomes ineffective if not consumed within 10 minutes in water FYI.
that's a little bro-sciencey there bud..totally false
at one time there was worry of creatinine conversion rapidly when subjected to water, but I think that has overwhelmingly been rectified to show that creatinine formation takes much longer to accrue than we once thought

S

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I'd have to look up sources but if I'm not mistaken the larger creatine salts are what cause stomach discomfort and that dissolving them in water until they are fully dissolved will help clear that issue.
I'd like to see said sources, for curiosity sake

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Green Bulge and AppNut Neovar are two of my favorites. MST Cre 02 is a solid choice as well.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to see said sources, for curiosity sake
Can't find the article at the moment but that is the reasoning behind micronized creatine. It is easier to dissolve in water which causes less stomach discomfort.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
that's a little bro-sciencey there bud..totally false
at one time there was worry of creatinine conversion rapidly when subjected to water, but I think that has overwhelmingly been rectified to show that creatinine formation takes much longer to accrue than we once thought
Bam!
There are sources (on phone cant link) about creatine being fine for long duration in water.

Look at SNS alternatives for creatine as well. Plenty around,just look for one that fits your budget. I prefer mono and if it disrupts your stomach, try split dosing it.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I go to the gym in the evening right after work. I really don't have the time to take a powder as I am on the go. Pills way more convenient for me.
Well creatine doesn't need to be taken pre-workout. Why not buy in bulk and take it in the morning or after your workout?

Billy R

Billy R

Awards
Well creatine doesn't need to be taken pre-workout. Why not buy in bulk and take it in the morning or after your workout?
You're right,its always been my understanding that it quickly reaches saturation levels in your body, then it doesn't matter when you take it.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're right,its always been my understanding that it quickly reaches saturation levels in your body, then it doesn't matter when you take it.
Few studies did show that post workout was beneficial strength wise. But other then that, yes timing is irrelevant.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Orotine. Have a look at it, creatine bond with orotic acid.

Billy R

Billy R

Awards
Few studies did show that post workout was beneficial strength wise. But other then that, yes timing is irrelevant.
I always take mine first thing in the morning, only because its easy for me to remember that way.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Btw, trinitine uses Na and K creatine chelate, which is chemically impossible

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
I've gotta agree with you. Since creatine is so closely associated with water in the body, I don't see how water could have an adverse effect on it.
Water will eventually turn creatine into something called creatinine which is useless to the body. There is a pdf posted by someone here showing that creatine should last in room temp water for at least a day.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/19014-how-long-can.html

Edit: The ph and temperature of whatever the creatine is mixed with factors into how fast it degrades.

Billy R

Billy R

Awards
Water will eventually turn creatine into something called creatinine which is useless to the body. There is a pdf posted by someone here showing that creatine should last in room temp water for at least a day.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/19014-how-long-can.html
Thanks for the info....I'm sure that if you leave it in water for too long it could be bad, but I was primarily commenting on the claim that in ten minutes water would render creatine useless. That seemed way too fast to me. It's good to have some solid time figures to deal with.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Cre02 for sure. It is by far the best creatine pill money can buy :thumbsup:

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Creatine is stable for days in water. Not 10 minutes. And trinitine isn't BS. It's probably monohydrate + free sodium and potassium. This is actually what orotine is (not creatine orotate, but rather creatine monohydrate + orotic acid)

D

dgart08

Awards
Another option would be bpi's creatine alkaline... It's a capsule with buffered mono & HCl.