Glycofuse or other carb

db2000

Awards
A highly respected diet coach has recommended for me to use glycofuse.

I currently use waxy maize and find it to be great. It is fine on my stomach as well.

Am I going to notice a massive difference between WMS and Glycofuse? Is there going to be a massive increase in recovery or energy?

Is there a substitute (apart from TN bulk HBCD)

Thanks

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I personally have used some of the designer carbs out there and if you are using it for the right reasons it may actually help.
an example would be during the first couple meals during a carb up while doing the body opus ive used vitargo to great benefit.
I guess it would come down to budget as well. why is your coach telling u to use it anyhow?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I can't imagine seeing a major difference, although are you depleting glycogen throughout your workouts? What kind of workouts do you do?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Depends. If your goal is to restore glycogen stores due to strenuous and extended workouts, especially if you've been hitting the gym fasted or what not, something like Glycofuse is >>>>>>>> than waxy maize. Waxy maize is a complex carb, wrong tool for the job. Sugar water would probably be > than waxy maize.

I actually do use Glycofuse, it's easy on the stomach, makes my water taste good, and pretty inexpensive for a carbs powder (make no mistake about it, this is basically just carbs powder).

Not the most crucial thing to buy and use, but I like it.

db2000

Awards
Thanks everyone.

I am not sure the purpose of glycofuse (I have signed up but dont start with him until 2 weeks time. Basically I was running out of BCAA and waxy maize and he said to get aminolast and Glycofuse instead) I will be able to ask him more questions in 2 weeks time, but until then I don't want to stock up on kilos of WMS or BCAA (i will be running out in a few days)

I am using him to get stronger whilst losing fat. My workouts are 1.5-2 hours long, no hypertrophy. I train for powerlifting.

As I said BCAAs and waxy maize have been good up until now, but dont want to pay 5 times as much for no reason

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established
I started taking Glycofuse and Recompadrol and my stomach has acted strange, i smell like **** several times a day. Glycofuse or Recompadrol?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I started taking Glycofuse and Recompadrol and my stomach has acted strange, i smell like **** several times a day. Glycofuse or Recompadrol?
Recompadrol probably (I've never used it though). Hard to imagine simple carbs would give you GI distress.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Depends

Recompadrol and glycofuse shouldn't interact

List dose timings for each thing

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Recompadrol probably (I've never used it though). Hard to imagine simple carbs would give you GI distress.
Carbonx sometimes gives me gastric distress

Recompadrol there's a possibility. I would need to look at the structure of the cyclodextrin

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Carbonx sometimes gives me gastric distress

Recompadrol there's a possibility. I would need to look at the structure of the cyclodextrin
Interesting.

Come back with what you find. The extent of my knowledge of highly branched cyclic dextrin is that it has a high molecular weight and a structure which promotes the body to pass it through the stomach and into the intestines quicker.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting.

Come back with what you find. The extent of my knowledge of highly branched cyclic dextrin is that it has a high molecular weight and a structure which promotes the body to pass it through the stomach and into the intestines quicker.
If alpha glucosidase is needed to break down the dextrin then there will be an interaction with recompadrol.

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established
Depends Recompadrol and glycofuse shouldn't interact List dose timings for each thing
Glycofuse 25g pre- and 25g intra-workout, 4-5 days a week..

2 Recompadrol before a late evening meal every day..

I found a other possible source and thats Uni-liver from Universal, I take 6 tablets a day. Its probably the heme-iron in it..:)

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A highly respected diet coach has recommended for me to use glycofuse.

I currently use waxy maize and find it to be great. It is fine on my stomach as well.

Am I going to notice a massive difference between WMS and Glycofuse? Is there going to be a massive increase in recovery or energy?

Is there a substitute (apart from TN bulk HBCD)

Thanks
I like hdps. Or hds

Hydroxypropyl starch or hydroxypropyl do starch. I'd opt for the starch over the distarch though personally

Supposed effects on thermogenesis is different with these food additive starches (hps and hpds)