Massage and Supps

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been really busy working on my house so I haven't really looked into it.

I'm getting a massage tomorrow night, my first massage in a long time. Anyway I'm thinking about taking something like Hemavol or Potassium Nitrate before the massage. Mainly to increase blood flow. I'm looking for opinions on if this will increase the benefits of the massage or am I nuts for thinking this.

digitalducki

digitalducki

Awards
  • Established
Be careful with the nitrate u may be liftin the towel. Hope ur getting it from Paula not Paul lmao

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Be careful with the nitrate u may be liftin the towel. Hope ur getting it from Paula not Paul lmao
haha i was thinking that earlier because i'm currently taking bulbine and intimidate srt...could be dangerous, but i'm thinking hemavol over a nitrate anyway because i'm not currently taking PN anyway

but i know the therapist, shes legit, i've been getting my massages from her for awhile now

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
how about a couple glasses of wine prior to your ar*****. not only will it relax you but it may thin your flow out a little.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
how about a couple glasses of wine prior to your ar*****. not only will it relax you but it may thin your flow out a little.
I' ve read that a single beer is good for increasing red blood cell production.

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
I wouldn't take either. When you get a deep tissue massage your muscles need to be relaxed to get the full benefit of the massage.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't take either. When you get a deep tissue massage your muscles need to be relaxed to get the full benefit of the massage.
yeah i decided against it....only supplement i'm going to use is compete afterwards on the ride home, just to replenish my body before the night of water chugging

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
yeah i decided against it....only supplement i'm going to use is compete afterwards on the ride home, just to replenish my body before the night of water chugging
That sounds like a better plan. Man I'm jealousy nothing feels better for a site back than a deep tissue massage.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That sounds like a better plan. Man I'm jealousy nothing feels better for a site back than a deep tissue massage.
i am really very sore today....found out my one trap muscle is a lot shorter than another, almost like there was trama there at one point

either way it felt amazing and i downed a shaker of compete before ever leaving her drive way...took an epsom salt bath too..i need to do that more often

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i am really very sore today....found out my one trap muscle is a lot shorter than another, almost like there was trama there at one point

either way it felt amazing and i downed a shaker of compete before ever leaving her drive way...took an epsom salt bath too..i need to do that more often
Would you suggest getting a deep tissue massage the day before a rest day because of the soreness?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would you suggest getting a deep tissue massage the day before a rest day because of the soreness?
that would be a good idea, i may take today off but usually it's a workout day....i think i'm really just sore because she focused on my trap, but my legs feel sort of like jello

i don't remember be that sore last time, but then again i used to massages a lot more often

tcslick

tcslick

Awards

I hear you on the epson salt bath. I take one at least a couple times a week. I also try to take an ice bath once a week.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hear you on the epson salt bath. I take one at least a couple times a week. I also try to take an ice bath once a week.
i've been interested in the ice bath thing....how do you go about it? how long do you stay in?...i'm just not sure i'll go out and buy bags of ice all that often

i did the polar bear plunge last year in 12 degree weather and a frozen lake....i felt amazing afterwards, sort of euphoric

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
i've been interested in the ice bath thing....how do you go about it? how long do you stay in?...i'm just not sure i'll go out and buy bags of ice all that often

i did the polar bear plunge last year in 12 degree weather and a frozen lake....i felt amazing afterwards, sort of euphoric
Holy **** 12 degrees! I'm going to have to try that.

If you live in an area where it gets cold enough. I bought a plastic tank that I can fit in, screwed a thermometer to the inside and I fill it up with water. You want it to be between 65-55degrees, no colder.... When it is not cold enough outside then I buy 4 (8lb)bags of ice, pour them into my bath, then fill it up with cold water. You don't want to stay in the bath longer than 15mins. After about 2 mins you go completely numb and you no longer feel the cold.

DON'T ADD EPSON SALT TO THE ICE BATH. I did this once for foot ice bath and i almost got frost bite.... My foot was all purple and bruised...

Also you can buy 8lb bags of ice from most McDonalds for only $1

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Holy **** 12 degrees! I'm going to have to try that.

If you live in an area where it gets cold enough. I bought a plastic tank that I can fit in, screwed a thermometer to the inside and I fill it up with water. You want it to be between 65-55degrees, no colder.... When it is not cold enough outside then I buy 4 (8lb)bags of ice, pour them into my bath, then fill it up with cold water. You don't want to stay in the bath longer than 15mins. After about 2 mins you go completely numb and you no longer feel the cold.

DON'T ADD EPSON SALT TO THE ICE BATH. I did this once for foot ice bath and i almost got frost bite.... My foot was all purple and bruised...

Also you can buy 8lb bags of ice from most McDonalds for only $1
mcdonalds...interesting

the worst part of the polar bear plunge was waiting for it all to get set up, of course though i had to be the first group in the water

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
mcdonalds...interesting

the worst part of the polar bear plunge was waiting for it all to get set up, of course though i had to be the first group in the water
After talking about this I had to pick up 4bags on the way home. It's really not that bad of a price $4.00 once a week. And it does wonders for the body. Once I make it to my computer I can post this study Harvard did with ice baths and recovery

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

When it's unilateral like that, there's usually a nerve lesion

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I usually just down a few grams of beta alanine and chug tons of water before and after. The BA tingles feel amazing during the rubdown.

Nerve lesion? Couldn't it just be the result of a lot of adhesions?