X-Factor or X-Factor Advanced?

tin gorilla

Awards
Which one should I get? Same price at the moment.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
OG X factor

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
OG XFactor

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
X-Factor for me as well. Are you susceptible to joint issues?

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
Do you need to take an additional Omega 3 supplement when you take either OG XF or XFA?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I always read omega 3 effect the effects of AA

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you need to take an additional Omega 3 supplement when you take either OG XF or XFA?
You DON'T want to take omega 3s with ArA.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You DON'T want to take omega 3s with ArA.
Cox inhibitors leave more active Arachidonic acid available for muscular uptake which is why XFA has the additional ingredients it has

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cox inhibitors leave more active Arachidonic acid available for muscular uptake which is why XFA has the additional ingredients it has
Yes, but there is no need to add or take additional omega 3s, as was the asked question.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And if this is the case, why is it that most notice better results from OG X-Factor or X-Gels then XFA?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Read coops past thoughts on why OG is superior.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'm actually looking for them right now lol.
I forget what thread they were in, he may have deleted them but suffice to say, og is superior

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I forget what thread they were in, he may have deleted them but suffice to say, og is superior
Yeah, I can't seem to find them (granted I didn't dig too deep) but I remember him talking about both versions.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I can't seem to find them (granted I didn't dig too deep) but I remember him talking about both versions.
I definitely have a study saved on my computer

I was on it before thing just legit ****noff and won't load up. Some sort of error. Ugh

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I definitely have a study saved on my computer

I was on it before thing just legit ****noff and won't load up. Some sort of error. Ugh
There was a study about the inclusion of fish oil with Ara but it was after an Ara run, not during the Ara run (which Bill used to justify the inclusion of Fish Oil).

It does not justify its use.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
No. We want COX-2 to be active. Carnitine/aspirin inhibits COX-1. XFA has LOX inhibitors (boswellia) which would be fine, except that Omega-3s directly block metabolism of ArA so the product as a whole is 1 step forwards, 2 steps back.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
Interesting. So anything else that should be avoided with XF/XFA or just omega 3s? On the flip side, anything that they stack really well with?

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Avoid anti inflammatory s. Stacks well with alcar,plcar, lclt, or baby asprin plus glycerol monostearate.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Avoid anti inflammatory s. Stacks well with alcar,plcar, lclt, or baby asprin plus glycerol monostearate.
speaking of plcar, my order should be coming in today, so I too, will be taking this along with ArA. I'm in my 3rd week of it. Dosing 1.5gms. No DOMS as of right now and I may never experience it according to what some people say.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
speaking of plcar, my order should be coming in today, so I too, will be taking this along with ArA. I'm in my 3rd week of it. Dosing 1.5gms. No DOMS as of right now and I may never experience it according to what some people say.
Yeah, it's really individualized. I noticed minimal DOMS with ArA at 2 grams per day 5 times a week.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it's really individualized. I noticed minimal DOMS with ArA at 2 grams per day 5 times a week.
Oh okay, well from the sound of it...at least you have "some" DOMS where I have none. I started out with 1gm, then 1.25gm and now 1.5gms. I don't know if it would be beneficial for me to bump it up to 2gms like yourself. Besides, my wallet wouldn't like it that much! LOL!

However, I am still going to run Xfactor for at least 50 days as recommended. I work out 4 days a week and that's the only time I take it which is appx. 45 minutes pre workout.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh okay, well from the sound of it...at least you have "some" DOMS where I have none. I started out with 1gm, then 1.25gm and now 1.5gms. I don't know if it would be beneficial for me to bump it up to 2gms like yourself. Besides, my wallet wouldn't like it that much! LOL!

However, I am still going to run Xfactor for at least 50 days as recommended. I work out 4 days a week and that's the only time I take it which is appx. 45 minutes pre workout.
The DOMS that I did experience didn't start taking place until around week 3-4.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Should one avoid omega-3's while using XF altogether?
I do as do others. But no, you don't have to avoid them altogether. If you go ahead and keep dosing omega-3s, keep the dose as far away from ArA as possible (4-6 hours).

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
The DOMS that I did experience didn't start taking place until around week 3-4.
Ahhhh......I see now. Okay, well again, I'm starting week 3 today. I work out on M, W, Fri & Sat. And for the record, I just started taking DAA and will be adding plcar to the mix once my shipment arrives. This is my first time using DAA and will be my first time using plcar.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe that it competes with ArA.

Probably, or lower dose? I think that they may compete with ArA?
Yes they compete on the same prostaglandins the ones responsible for ara's effect on protein synthesis (PGF2a)

However I'm looking for the study that I read a couple weeks ago on EPA and ara concentrations. But you know how that goes with the millions if studies out there. And your searching 1 sentence lol.

But I'm sure there's a reason why it's in xfa

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes they compete on the same prostaglandins the ones responsible for ara's effect on protein synthesis (PGF2a)

However I'm looking for the study that I read a couple weeks ago on EPA and ara concentrations. But you know how that goes with the millions if studies out there. And your searching 1 sentence lol.

But I'm sure there's a reason why it's in xfa
I've only ever seen it being mentioned in XFA to help people with the joint pain they were experiencing from the original version of the product.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've only ever seen it being mentioned in XFA to help people with the joint pain they were experiencing from the original version of the product.
The omega-3 seems awfully low dosed to affect the ArA I would think. The joints relief probably is due more to the boswellia.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I get zero joint pain. I've been on a lot if it the past 2 months 5-7x a week

Just saw a cool 2003 study tho in it causing inhibition of adipocyte differentiation

Name of it:

Arachidonic acid - dependant inhibition of adipocyte differentiation requires pka activity and is associated with sustained expression of cyclooxygenases

Another one was its effects when combine with anandamide or capsaicin

Arachidonic acid release and prostaglandin f2a formation induced by anandamide and capsaicin in pc12 cells

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
I get zero joint pain. I've been on a lot if it the past 2 months 5-7x a week

Just saw a cool 2003 study tho in it causing inhibition of adipocyte differentiation

Name of it:

Arachidonic acid - dependant inhibition of adipocyte differentiation requires pka activity and is associated with sustained expression of cyclooxygenases

Another one was its effects when combine with anandamide or capsaicin

Arachidonic acid release and prostaglandin f2a formation induced by anandamide and capsaicin in pc12 cells
EBF...I think I will be in the same boat as you. I'm on week 3, dosing 1.5gms, 4 times a week and have experienced ZERO joint pain too.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
No. We want COX-2 to be active. Carnitine/aspirin inhibits COX-1. XFA has LOX inhibitors (boswellia) which would be fine, except that Omega-3s directly block metabolism of ArA so the product as a whole is 1 step forwards, 2 steps back.
Thanks Coop. Is the levels of Omega 3 in XFA enough to block metabolism of the Ara content?

As an aside, Fish Oil for me never did anything for joint pain. So I have no need for its inclusion; I simply eat fatty fish 4-5x per week.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thanks Coop. Is the levels of Omega 3 in XFA enough to block metabolism of the Ara content?

As an aside, Fish Oil for me never did anything for joint pain. So I have no need for its inclusion; I simply eat fatty fish 4-5x per week.
It certainly appears high enough

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Many users prefer XFA for no joint pain, some feel they get quicker gains with it as well.

From many cycles of each, I cant say I notice much in terms of a difference gains wise.

EBF had been doing some ArA research recently and had messaged me regarding the potential genius of the XFA formula.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
So is the recommended dosing from people who've used XF/XFA to do ALL 4 caps pre-workout ONLY on workout days (which in my case would be every other day)? I've seen some mixed advice on this, and with some people also breaking up the dose during the day. Is there a general consensus, and would it be the same for XF and XFA?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So is the recommended dosing from people who've used XF/XFA to do ALL 4 caps pre-workout ONLY on workout days (which in my case would be every other day)? I've seen some mixed advice on this, and with some people also breaking up the dose during the day. Is there a general consensus, and would it be the same for XF and XFA?
4-8 caps all pre-workout (workout days only).

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
4-8 caps all pre-workout (workout days only).
Thanks. And I know you wouldn't take an Omega 3 supplement with it, but I'm guessing that wouldn't apply on rest days when not taking the ArA?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks. And I know you wouldn't take an Omega 3 supplement with it, but I'm guessing that wouldn't apply on rest days when not taking the ArA?
I tend to completely drop fish oil when running ArA. But I'm sure you could dose it on off days if you wanted.