Higher ArA dosage, or ArA stack?

bmoore

bmoore

Awards
Few months ago I ran x-gels for 50 days. I started at 1g a day and went up to 1.5g. Do y'all think it would be more beneficial, from a recomp standpoint, to up the dosage to 2g a day or stack it with gms and alcar?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It'd be more beneficial to add the GMS and Carnitine IMO.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Carnitine at 2g, GMS at 3g.
Quick question. I have seen the GMS listed at 6g before. That seemed high to me, and could possibly cause stomach problems, correct?

If so, I'm going to go with the 3g. Thanks for the info!

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quick question. I have seen the GMS listed at 6g before. That seemed high to me, and could possibly cause stomach problems, correct?

If so, I'm going to go with the 3g. Thanks for the info!
Go with a 5-lpo inhibitor and hca for the next time you use it with GMS and carnitine.

Muscular uptake and amount of ara In the stem would be high,

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go with a 5-lpo inhibitor and hca for the next time you use it with GMS and carnitine. Muscular uptake and amount of ara In the stem would be high,
Metabolic powder pre with ArA? The MP recommended dose good?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've always taken ArA at 2g since that's what Neuron recommended a long while ago, and it has worked out best for me.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've always taken ArA at 2g since that's what Neuron recommended a long while ago, and it has worked out best for me.
That's pricey lol.

But what's the difference noted? Or overall effects vs 1-1.5g

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Do you have where he posted it? I'm guessing somewhere in the giant Maximizing ArA thread.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think I read somewhere in that thread that insulin + ArA = ArA not delivered to skeletal muscle. Is that correct?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I think I read somewhere in that thread that insulin + ArA = ArA not delivered to skeletal muscle. Is that correct?
I'm talking taking it in a preworkout setting along with carbs + leucine though.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm talking taking it in a preworkout setting along with carbs + leucine though.
In for reply. I believe someone had told me not to worry about it too much, but no CHO amounts were given.

Anecdotally I have done ArA + GMS + LCLT pre and up to 50g of CHO during a session with some very positive results.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have also read that taking Baby aspirin can help with the effects of ArA. Just one 81mg tablet per day.

I think you are supposed to start taking the aspirin before starting the ArA by 10 days, then continue to take it during your run.

Edit: Found it!! This is from another forum.

"Quoting Coop, yet again.

Re-read the benefits of aspirin mentioned ITT:

1. Blockade of TxA2 formation = vasodilation -> performance enhancement
2. Increased availability of ArA for non-thrombotic endpoints
3. Stimulation of AMPK and overall health benefits

Are the effects of 81mg aspirin significant when it comes to ArA metabolism? Absolutely. You and I both know it's one of the most well-studied drugs in existence"

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have also read that taking Baby aspirin can help with the effects of ArA. Just one 81mg tablet per day.

I think you are supposed to start taking the aspirin before starting the ArA by 10 days, then continue to take it during your run.

Are the effects of 81mg aspirin significant when it comes to ArA metabolism? Absolutely. You and I both know it's one of the most well-studied drugs in existence"
To be technical;

COX and LPO breakdown the ArA into the luekotrienes and thromboxanes

Inhibiting them (5-LPO and COX-2 inhibitor) leaves more Arachidonic acid available for uptake into muscle cells. This would be a good thing.

However, as far as vasodilation, the increase of breakdown to 2-ag and aea (anandamide via FAAH (fatty acid amide hydroxilase) also aids in vasodilation via trpv1 agonism. So it can work both ways

This may also be where garcinia Cambogia (50% hca) can play into effect in the cellular uptake but via a different mechanism (CD36).

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

This is correct. Others use Carnitine in place of the aspirin.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Oh, ok. So if I already take Anavite, I won't need the baby aspirin?

Would it hurt/help to do both?
I would do one or the other. No need to run both if you have 2g carnitine already available

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Off topic question: What are your thoughts on taking ArA + carbs (~30g) + leucine first thing in the AM and lifting shortly after? Will that transient increase in insulin shift the likelihood of ArA being delivered to skeletal muscle?
I would not advise it.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Interested in tho as I was considering this on my next run

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go with a 5-lpo inhibitor and hca for the next time you use it with GMS and carnitine.

How about Lodhra Bark (symplocos racemosa extract) as a lipoxygenase inhibitor?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15938197

If so ArA + Anabeta elite + metabolic powder might nake for a good stack

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So your saying use AA and anebeta elite together with alcat

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Alcar

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So your saying use AA and anebeta elite together with alcat
Along with HCA which, as EBF Inc had pointed out a couple post back, may help with cellular uptake

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards

Interested how you'd set this up?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They would stack very well
Yup. As pointed out by EBF Inc

COX and LPO breakdown the ArA into the luekotrienes and thromboxanes

Inhibiting them (5-LPO and COX-2 inhibitor) leaves more Arachidonic acid available for uptake into muscle cells. This would be a good thing.
So when we take ArA some of it gets broken down into luekotrienes and thromboxanes via LPO and COX. Now if we could inhibit both of them it would result in more ArA to stay which meams there is more that could be used by our muscles

So the proposed above stack would inhibit ArA being broken down into thromboxanes via l-carnitine ( http://ajpheart.physiology.org/content/284/1/H41) and inhibit ArA being broken down into luekotrienes via anabeta elite (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15938197)

So l-carnitine and anabeta elite would create the enviroment for optimal available ArA.

Now also, as pointed out by EBF Inc

This may also be where garcinia Cambogia (50% hca) can play into effect in the cellular uptake but via a different mechanism (CD36).
So we add HCA to help all that now extra ArA to be able to get used by our muscles

Hence the stack of ArA + Anabeta Elite + l-carnitine + metabolic powder

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oops,my bad

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, that would be fine.

Short on time, but I will get into it later if I remember. I'm sure Cyrus or someone else can explain if they have time (assuming they're asked nicely :) ).
I actually just read a study while I was searching showing some sort of blunted effects in the presence of insulin maybe on the prostaglandin formation. **** I wish I remembered