1. Registered User
    Answers
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  174 lbs.
    Answers

This might be a stupid question. Maybe not. Wednesday at the gym I was benching a DB weight I'm used to. At the end of the set I had a killer headache out of nowhere, which is what everyone who lifts calls an exertion headache. I'm going to the doctor today to myself checked out to make sure I didn't have a blood vessel related problems the other day (I thought my head was going to explode). I'm right at week 2 of Alphamax. I know he's goign to tell me to take it easy for a week or two and more than likely not lift anything at all. I've been hurting the past two days so I wouldn't go back anyways for a while. At least until I'm good again. Should I keep the cycle of Alphamax going or stop until I'm able to continue on with the gym?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Were you planning on running for 8 weeks? You'll definitely see the most benefit from using while you're able to work out so I'd probably discontinue until you can.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  174 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nicksox15 View Post
    Were you planning on running for 8 weeks? You'll definitely see the most benefit from using while you're able to work out so I'd probably discontinue until you can.
    Yeah I bought two bottles so I plan on running 8 weeks. I know the doc is going to tell me to ttake it easy for probably a week or two. Hopefully just a week. I'll cut it off though while I'm resting if that's the best thing to do.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I think personally you'll be better off running 6 weeks straight while working out rather than taking for a week or two not doing anything. It'll be worth the wait!
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  174 lbs.
    Answers

I think personally you'll be better off running 6 weeks straight while working out rather than taking for a week or two not doing anything. It'll be worth the wait!
    Yeah I agree with that. I feel like I'd be wasting the stuff sitting around doing nothing.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Maverick, BP headache? Had that checked? Just thought I would ask.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  174 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Tbol View Post
    Maverick, BP headache? Had that checked? Just thought I would ask.
    Yeah I went to my primary yesterday and got it checked out. He did a bunch of stuff and told me he doesn't see any serious signs that would require an MRI or CT so that's a good sign. I pulled a muscle in my rhomboid somehow, so there's a lot of tension on that muscle. He seemed to think it was exertion, muscle pull and some nerve stimulus all at the same time. Considering I haven't had much of a headache since it happened, he said that rules out an aneurysm or any blood vessel issues. I asked about a good break or taking it easy on weights and he said "Nope. Jump back in there and be careful." Waiting for this muscle pull to heal and then I'll get back to it!
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

I would be careful, I'm no doctor, but I only had this happen once in my life. I don't generally get headaches at all, so this was weird. I was doing military presses and as soon as I got done I stood up and the back of my head where my spine attaches just felt like it was being crushed. I walked it off and figured I held my breath and didn't realize it or something and actually finished the workout. I couldn't lift without getting the same headache for a while. I took 1 week off, came back, headache. Took 2 weeks off and then I was fine - so 3 weeks total. I think 2 weeks would have been fine if I didn't try to go back.

I never went to the doctor and this was in October and I've had no signs since - but I think I may have been dehydrated. Make sure you are getting enough water and electrolytes. Also, keep your neck in a neutral position if possible. These are typical issues that cause exertions headaches.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  174 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    I would be careful, I'm no doctor, but I only had this happen once in my life. I don't generally get headaches at all, so this was weird. I was doing military presses and as soon as I got done I stood up and the back of my head where my spine attaches just felt like it was being crushed. I walked it off and figured I held my breath and didn't realize it or something and actually finished the workout. I couldn't lift without getting the same headache for a while. I took 1 week off, came back, headache. Took 2 weeks off and then I was fine - so 3 weeks total. I think 2 weeks would have been fine if I didn't try to go back.

I never went to the doctor and this was in October and I've had no signs since - but I think I may have been dehydrated. Make sure you are getting enough water and electrolytes. Also, keep your neck in a neutral position if possible. These are typical issues that cause exertions headaches.
    Yeah I'm the same way. I only get headaches if I'm stupid and wait too long to eat something, so they aren't the norm for me. I did the same thing though. I waited about 5 minutes and went back to my routine. I didn't press anymore the entire time I was there but I did mainly flies and all of my tricep work without anymore pain at all. The next day I was really cloudy all day and my back was killing me. I know he said go back whenever but I don't think this pulled muscle is going to let me do anything for a good while because it's not going away fast. On top of that my best friend is getting married next week so I have time for nothing but that. I guess you could call it good timing.

My hydration has been good considering I drink about 1.5 gals a day. Electrolytes has been something I've loaded up on the past few days too just in case. I honestly think I was holding my breathe like an idiot when I got that last rep out. That's unlike me because I really focus of breathing and form while I'm in the gym. Lesson learned though. I know you had to have been on pins and needles when you went back. Did you have a problem going as heavy as you were on presses when you got back into it all? Any more pain or pressure or did time off help it heal?
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Answers

I'm liking Alphamax. Weirdly enough I'm experiencing the "euphoria"/mood effects more-so than any anger/aggression as some of you have reported. I'm a smaller guy (5'6" 165) so I wasn't sure how the 2-2 dosing spread out btw 5-6 hours from each other would effect me.
    I'm on Day 6 and while sleep is a recurring problem for me, I've been groggy when I first awake but then I'm good to go (mind you I'm getting at minimum 6.5 hours. Aiming for a solid 8).
    Any pointers moving forward? I'll go ahead and grab a 2nd bottle as I see most of you recommend 8 weeks. I just finished an 8week run of Paragon and had solid results. Nothing miraculous but steady increases in my lifts. And definite muscle retention on slight calorie deficit. Thanks
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Your plan looks good, gonna see some nice results! If you take a serving pwo you'll see some good pumps. Take with foods if you can. Let us know if any questions!
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick02 View Post
    Yeah I'm the same way. I only get headaches if I'm stupid and wait too long to eat something, so they aren't the norm for me. I did the same thing though. I waited about 5 minutes and went back to my routine. I didn't press anymore the entire time I was there but I did mainly flies and all of my tricep work without anymore pain at all. The next day I was really cloudy all day and my back was killing me. I know he said go back whenever but I don't think this pulled muscle is going to let me do anything for a good while because it's not going away fast. On top of that my best friend is getting married next week so I have time for nothing but that. I guess you could call it good timing.

My hydration has been good considering I drink about 1.5 gals a day. Electrolytes has been something I've loaded up on the past few days too just in case. I honestly think I was holding my breathe like an idiot when I got that last rep out. That's unlike me because I really focus of breathing and form while I'm in the gym. Lesson learned though. I know you had to have been on pins and needles when you went back. Did you have a problem going as heavy as you were on presses when you got back into it all? Any more pain or pressure or did time off help it heal?
    I had no problems once I got sufficient rest. When I took the first week off, my next workout was leg day and I did my warm up set of leg extensions and was fine. Then I put on the weight for an all-out set and before I even got to failure I felt it coming back on and I was getting dizzy, so I stopped and quit the workout. After 2 more weeks off, I was ready to go and got right back into it - heavy with no problems.
  14. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Orbit nutrition has a BOGO deal on Alphamax and Fitmax going right now, one hell of a deal!
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    Fitmax: Fat Burning Energizing Pre Workout!
    Alphamax: Advanced Myotropic Complex...Alpha Begins Here
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Adizzle1 View Post
    Orbit nutrition has a BOGO deal on Alphamax and Fitmax going right now, one hell of a deal!
    Certainly is!
    Get it while its still featured,

http://www.orbitnutrition.com/cart/b...tmax-free.html
    Athletix Representative
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbit!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  174 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    I had no problems once I got sufficient rest. When I took the first week off, my next workout was leg day and I did my warm up set of leg extensions and was fine. Then I put on the weight for an all-out set and before I even got to failure I felt it coming back on and I was getting dizzy, so I stopped and quit the workout. After 2 more weeks off, I was ready to go and got right back into it - heavy with no problems.
    Okay cool. I appreciate the heads up. I have to let this muscle pull heal anyways before I do anything so I won't be back in there for a good two weeks probably. I needed to give my body a rest and I didn't listen to it and reaped the benefits. Oh well!
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Just started my Alphamax a few days ago. Damn you forsk and your GI issues! Lol.

The toilet it always my friend for two weeks or so until my body gets used to it.

**** it, it cleans me out lol
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Use code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Yep, our good friend forsk! Thankfully that clears up in a few days for most. Look at it like a nice cleanse, lol.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Yep, our good friend forsk! Thankfully that clears up in a few days for most. Look at it like a nice cleanse, lol.
    Yea every time it gives me the runs but as you said I look at it as a cleanse lol. Takes me about 1-2 weeks to get used to it.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Takes me about a week, but I don't get the runs I get really bad gas. My wife does not like that week, lol.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  174 lbs.
    Answers

Hey Nicksox, how long do you recommend until starting up the next cycle afer you finish your first 8-weeks?
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Answers

After a 4 week break you're good to go again!
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  174 lbs.
    Answers

After a 4 week break you're good to go again!
    Awesome. Thanks a lot.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Takes me about a week, but I don't get the runs I get really bad gas. My wife does not like that week, lol.
    Lol mine doesn't like when I leave the bathroom door open and she hears me farting in there. Lol I'm always gassy
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. transdermals, sex and bed - question?
    By xcreed in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-13-2003, 09:12 PM
  2. Question about T-1 Pro??
    By windwords7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-31-2002, 04:07 PM
  3. PH & Chloesterol question
    By dg806 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-05-2002, 10:58 PM
  4. 1-test questions