L Carnitine and Cinnamon dosage

RockyRambo

Awards
Hi,

I will be going on a ketogenic diet for cutting and I am thinking to use L Carn and Cinnamon extract tablets. Could anyone tell me the appropriate dosage for these to get the desired effects?
I have L Carnitine (60 tablets of 500 mg each) by Optimum and Cinnamon Extract (200 caps of 500 mg each).

Would 2*500 mg of L Carn and 4*500 mg of cinnamon be good enough?

Thanks

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are you using them for? Hopefully not fat loss or you've wasted money.

RockyRambo

Awards
Hey, yeah, fat loss!! I have not purchased them but heard that these are good products on a keto diet. L Carn, GDA and Cinnamon.. Although, I still believe that majority of the fat loss will happen only through controlling the calorie intake (below TDEE) but the sups can be of an additional advantage at times..I am still perplexed whether I buy them or not.. Actually, I have a pretty decent budget of around $2000 of which I am spending the majority on whey but still left with some money so I am thinking to get some sups for cutting and some for bulking.. What would you advise?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
for a keto diet I highly recommend them!
take 1 l carn and 1 cinnamon tablet prior to meals
take a GDA like slin sane before bed.
personally I like pl-carn but that's a personal oppinion

RockyRambo

Awards
for a keto diet I highly recommend them!
take 1 l carn and 1 cinnamon tablet prior to meals
take a GDA like slin sane before bed.
personally I like pl-carn but that's a personal oppinion
If you're counting three meals a day (I'll be having six, each of which will have fat and protein only), then I don't think I should be taking 3 gm of L Carn, or should I be? Wouldn't 1 gm of L carn and 2 gm of Cinnamon be good enough?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hey, yeah, fat loss!! I have not purchased them but heard that these are good products on a keto diet. L Carn, GDA and Cinnamon.. Although, I still believe that majority of the fat loss will happen only through controlling the calorie intake (below TDEE) but the sups can be of an additional advantage at times..I am still perplexed whether I buy them or not.. Actually, I have a pretty decent budget of around $2000 of which I am spending the majority on whey but still left with some money so I am thinking to get some sups for cutting and some for bulking.. What would you advise?
I would advise even more against Carnitine for fat loss if you're doing a Keto diet (Carnitine needs to be take with carbs to potentially elicit fat loss benefits).

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I would advise even more against Carnitine for fat loss if you're doing a Keto diet (Carnitine needs to be take with carbs to potentially elicit fat loss benefits).
Carnitine should be taken with something insulinogenic I should technically say.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
500 mgs with each of your meals will be fine. cinnamon id keep to 3 times a day preferably before meals.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
its not being used for fatloss per se' but rather for liberating fatty acids for use as fuel (both dietary and stored) ... the ketosis provides the fatloss via fracturing the fat cells and releasing ketones for fuel.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will give you that cinnamon has some conflicting research but carnitine suplemention has some pretty solid data behind its use

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its not being used for fatloss per se' but rather for liberating fatty acids for use as fuel (both dietary and stored) ... the ketosis provides the fatloss via fracturing the fat cells and releasing ketones for fuel.
What he is reffering to is the need for something insulinogenic to be paired with carnitine in order to get the carnitine into the muscles.

RockyRambo

Awards
What he is reffering to is the need for something insulinogenic to be paired with carnitine in order to get the carnitine into the muscles.
Wouldn't Cinnamon be doing the role of an insulin mimetic and controlling the blood sugar? Hence, L Carn will be paired with something insulinogenic?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will give you that cinnamon has some conflicting research but carnitine suplemention has some pretty solid data behind its use
Ok but: ephedrine, alpha-y, forskolin, GCB... i'd take any of those over carnitine.