Beta alanine dosage

M

mbaddy9

Awards
What is the optimal dosage and timing for beta alanine?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anytime during the day. Spread out the doses.

3.2-4 grams.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
I usually do 5g, but thats just me

Y

Younglifter16

Awards
a gram with food (i.e. take a gram w/ each meal) is a good protocol. Once saturated , about ~2 grams to mantain.

rosemont83

rosemont83

Awards
Will be getting some beta alanine soon..
My list of staples keeps getting longer and longer..

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I take all mine PWO. Love the tingles.

Well i did until i stopped getting them :(

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards

Exactly this,

I miss them but don't see myself cycling off any time soon to get them again

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anytime during the day. Spread out the doses.

3.2-4 grams.
This. Getting my dosage of BA (amongst other staples) from Endurate.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is the optimal dosage and timing for beta alanine?
2-3 times per day, total of 3-6g. Takes some time to build up effectiveness in your system similar to creatine.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd spread the doses out, but everyone has you covered here.

Had a client at the gym yesterday who took too much at once and he got the itches. Needless to say he had no idea what was going on and I had to assure him it was alright. :lol:

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd spread the doses out, but everyone has you covered here.

Had a client at the gym yesterday who took too much at once and he got the itches. Needless to say he had no idea what was going on and I had to assure him it was alright. :lol:
lol i actually kinda enjoy the face tingles from it

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

TBH I hated the tingles, especially if I had a beard. Makes my beard itchy as hell and I feel like a bear clawing at my face mid workout haha.

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So much conflicting data on BA and taurine. Can someone *please* clarify or help me find a decisive study about taurine and beta alanine dose timing. For example- amino IV contains taurine, I take it immediately pre workout. Sometimes I use condense- also immediately pre workout. This creates an issue.

I also take 1-2g taurine with each meal... So if I wanted to follow the label on SNS caps, I can't take beta alanine with a meal 8 hours apart from my first dose bc worried about absorption issues.

I've read how they use the same receptor but affect different different muscle fibers... I've read that beta alanine deletes taurine. And I've read that they will not compete for absorption, but also that they will lol. Someone have a definitive answer? Thank you.

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
So much conflicting data on BA and taurine. Can someone *please* clarify or help me find a decisive study about taurine and beta alanine dose timing. For example- amino IV contains taurine, I take it immediately pre workout. Sometimes I use condense- also immediately pre workout. This creates an issue.

I also take 1-2g taurine with each meal... So if I wanted to follow the label on SNS caps, I can't take beta alanine with a meal 8 hours apart from my first dose bc worried about absorption issues.

I've read how they use the same receptor but affect different different muscle fibers... I've read that beta alanine deletes taurine. And I've read that they will not compete for absorption, but also that they will lol. Someone have a definitive answer? Thank you.
They will compete for absorption but there's plenty of receptors to go around for both if I'm not mistaken

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They will compete for absorption but there's plenty of receptors to go around for both if I'm not mistaken
So does this reduce efficacy of either? I guess there no straight forward answer. .?

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
I seem to remember reading about a study that seemed to show there was no difference between 4g and 6.4g, so I usually shot for 3-4g.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
So does this reduce efficacy of either? I guess there no straight forward answer. .?
I'd like a more definitive answer on this as well.

A similar scenario is with agmatine and yohimbe

Lots of broscience forum discussions, no solid factual answers.

A

andrewski48

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From everything I have ever read unless you are ingesting high amounts of taurine it should not interfere with beta alanine. On the same token beta alanine would have to be dosed extremely high to have concern of taurine depletion.

anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/231967-taurine-2.html

mr.cooper69 talks about it in this post

A

andrewski48

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ched, I remember a while back you asked this question of Mr.Cooper and he said taking them both would be fine.
That is actually the post I linked but it isn't hyperlinked as I couldn't do so with so few posts

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's a quote from him in a thread about this same thing,

Taurine depletion is not a realistic concern at the doses of BA we use, bt I recommend cycling all supplements. I personally do 3 months on, 1 month off.

Lower your BA dose on workout days to 3.2g. Also, take the taurine preworkout and distance the BA as far from that as possible.

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
Right. But when using amino iv and condense, u cannot dose those far apart, 20 minute maybyou can
Just mix em together and focus more on your workout honestly it's what I would do. No need to micro manage everything