Supplement to take prior to cheat meals?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  167 lbs.
    Answers

Supplement to take prior to cheat meals?

Being from an Italian family, we often have family events involving copious amounts of food which never seem to stop coming. While I am pretty good at controlling myself in how much and what I eat, I will, without doubt, overeat - particularly at dessert (obviously).
    Are there any supplements which may be able to minimize the storage of these (often processed) foods as fat, and instead say as glycogen?
    I'm following the leangains IF diet at the moment so I generally make sure I work out the morning of these cheat meals.

After reading through multiple posts on the forum, it seems that one following could pertain to my needs: Burn24, Recompadrol, Slinsane, Defuse, Glycophase. Thoughts on which would be best?
    Thanks!

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Answers

You nailed it with the first two in my books and a lot of people here have found good results with them.

Burn 24 or Recompadrol are great, if it is Italian cuisine I'm thinking carb heavy much more so than fat, so I may lean towards Recompadrol.

If you really want to safeguard against the fat gain you could add in Metabolic powder as well
    Athletix Representative
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbit!

3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Answers

GlycoPhase is a great choice for a nutrient partitioner in general. This and Recompadrol are two common recommendations. However, with cheat meals, people usually don't use products like these.

•   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  167 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    You nailed it with the first two in my books and a lot of people here have found good results with them. Burn 24 or Recompadrol are great, if it is Italian cuisine I'm thinking carb heavy much more so than fat, so I may lean towards Recompadrol. If you really want to safeguard against the fat gain you could add in Metabolic powder as well
    Yeah generally much more carb heavy! Would an EBF rep be able to outline how recompadrol would benefit me? I saw that Coop posted that Burn24 contains ingredients which would inhibit carbohydrate digestion.. Sounds like what I need haha!

5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  167 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    GlycoPhase is a great choice for a nutrient partitioner in general. This and Recompadrol are two common recommendations. However, with cheat meals, people usually don't use products like these.
    I see.. so what is the reason why they wouldn't use these with cheat meals?

6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mirra250 View Post
    I see.. so what is the reason why they wouldn't use these with cheat meals?
    They are aiming for the cheat meals to replenish glycogen and help boost metabolism if it has been slowed by long dieting. For scheduled refeeds GDA's aren't needed.

I'm sure an EBF rep will be around they usually are
    Athletix Representative
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbit!

7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Recompadol and metabolic powder.

8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I'm sure I've read that ECA before a meal increases its thermic effect by some 30%.

9. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Answers

Yeah generally much more carb heavy! Would an EBF rep be able to outline how recompadrol would benefit me? I saw that Coop posted that Burn24 contains ingredients which would inhibit carbohydrate digestion.. Sounds like what I need haha!
    Sorry man, was smashing legs.

Do you have all those at your disposal?

If so, I'd preload defuse a couple caps every 2 hours until 30 min prior to meal in which you would take 4 recompadrol with that dose, then 2 with the meal

Depending on carb content
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com

10. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by KrisL View Post
    I'm sure I've read that ECA before a meal increases its thermic effect by some 30%.
    Using ephedrine will slow transit time and increase satiety

I typically take it when I cheat, and then a B complex and dogestie enzymes with first bite of meal
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly

11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Answers

+1 for Recomapdrol. Have some sitting in my cupboard in case the ol' cheat meal rears its ugly head
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!

12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Burn 24 and it's not even close. Recompadrol looks fantastic but I have yet to try it.

13. Senior Member
    Answers

Ummmm.....

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/e...-capsules.html

Pretty sure this is what it was designed for.

14. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AdelV View Post
    Ummmm.....

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/e...-capsules.html

Pretty sure this is what it was designed for.
    That is correct!

I actually recommended it as a preload if you view my previous post

15. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  167 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Sorry man, was smashing legs. Do you have all those at your disposal? If so, I'd preload defuse a couple caps every 2 hours until 30 min prior to meal in which you would take 4 recompadrol with that dose, then 2 with the meal Depending on carb content
    Haha that's cool. Nah I don't have any yet, just want to buy one product...

16. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  167 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xhrr View Post
    Burn 24 and it's not even close. Recompadrol looks fantastic but I have yet to try it.
    What do you mean "it's not even close"?

17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

+1 for glycophase. Does the job and for a rather nice price.

Add in GCBE when you have an unscheduled cheat meal or do not require much carb utilisation.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

What do you mean "it's not even close"?
    I mean it is probably the most effective supplement I have ever taken. Bulk, Cut, Carb backload, carbs one night a week, etc. That is coming from somebody who all but gave up on GDA's but this is a different beast and much more than a GDA/damage control product.

I got zero from Slin Sane (og) and the newer version, Glycophase was blah, Anabolic pump was ok, Glycobol was an expensive enema. I would try Recompadrol though if not for Burn24.

19. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  167 lbs.
    Answers

I mean it is probably the most effective supplement I have ever taken. Bulk, Cut, Carb backload, carbs one night a week, etc. That is coming from somebody who all but gave up on GDA's but this is a different beast and much more than a GDA/damage control product. I got zero from Slin Sane (og) and the newer version, Glycophase was blah, Anabolic pump was ok, Glycobol was an expensive enema. I would try Recompadrol though if not for Burn24.
    LOL an expensive enema that's hilarious
    Ok awesome thanks heaps!! Super helpful so did you just does it as a couple of caps 30 mins before a large meal? did you use it before scheduled carb meals as well as unscheduled ones?

20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I mean it is probably the most effective supplement I have ever taken. Bulk, Cut, Carb backload, carbs one night a week, etc. That is coming from somebody who all but gave up on GDA's but this is a different beast and much more than a GDA/damage control product.

I got zero from Slin Sane (og) and the newer version, Glycophase was blah, Anabolic pump was ok, Glycobol was an expensive enema. I would try Recompadrol though if not for Burn24.
    When you say glycophase was blah, what were you expecting to notice?

21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

LOL an expensive enema that's hilarious
    Ok awesome thanks heaps!! Super helpful so did you just does it as a couple of caps 30 mins before a large meal? did you use it before scheduled carb meals as well as unscheduled ones?
    So I've used it in quite a few settings. I started using it during my one day of carbs which takes place from 5-10pm and is basically a free for all. I ate whole pizzas, wings, Chinese, ice cream, donuts etc. I just dosed it 15-30 mins prior to those meals which came out to 8-10 caps when it was all said and done. Carb backloading I did 2 caps before my 3 carb containing meals which all took place between 5-10pm but it took place every night and not one night a week like the diet I alluded to just above.

When dieting just take 2 caps before any carb containing meal 15-30 mins prior and when bulking do the same just take them before your 3 biggest meals.

22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    When you say glycophase was blah, what were you expecting to notice?
    I would expect the ability to tolerate carbs better. Which I found out was not the case. Seemed to have no effect on bloat or fat gain. I'm already very lean but I don't tolerate carbs very well which is why I opt for backloading or carbs one night a week they work well with my body. While taking Burn24 I completely abandoned both after a while since I could increase my carbs immensely at any point during the day while on Burn24 with no repercussions.

23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I would expect the ability to tolerate carbs better. Which I found out was not the case. Seemed to have no effect on bloat or fat gain. I'm already very lean but I don't tolerate carbs very well which is why I opt for backloading or carbs one night a week they work well with my body. While taking Burn24 I completely abandoned both after a while since I could increase my carbs immensely at any point during the day while on Burn24 with no repercussions.
    Burn 24 has an included GCBE which prevents carb absorption, why not just buy that in bulk?

Save you a bit of cash

24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Burn 24 has an included GCBE which prevents carb absorption, why not just buy that in bulk?

Save you a bit of cash
    True but to be honest I think bergenin is the highlight of the profile.

Please don't take the Glycophase criticism as an attack I use many SNS supplements but that one just didn't happen to work too well for me. You know as well as I do everything in this industry is very individualized. No harm no foul.

25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Yellow gold
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html

26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

True but to be honest I think bergenin is the highlight of the profile.

Please don't take the Glycophase criticism as an attack I use many SNS supplements but that one just didn't happen to work too well for me. You know as well as I do everything in this industry is very individualized. No harm no foul.
    Oh I don't, not at all. I was just curious as GDA's are very complex and work via multiple pathways so I was just wondering what you were expecting.

And absolutely, people react/ respond to things in various ways and in some cases, not at all.

27. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Answers

Over Christmas I was doing glycophase/Agmatine and picked up a bottle of burn24 during nutras sale. It was epic to say the least.
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html

28. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Yellow gold
    Oh man, I rememeber parachuting that stuff and the toilet paper falling apart in my mouth holy ****
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html

29. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  167 lbs.
    Answers

So I've used it in quite a few settings. I started using it during my one day of carbs which takes place from 5-10pm and is basically a free for all. I ate whole pizzas, wings, Chinese, ice cream, donuts etc. I just dosed it 15-30 mins prior to those meals which came out to 8-10 caps when it was all said and done. Carb backloading I did 2 caps before my 3 carb containing meals which all took place between 5-10pm but it took place every night and not one night a week like the diet I alluded to just above.

When dieting just take 2 caps before any carb containing meal 15-30 mins prior and when bulking do the same just take them before your 3 biggest meals.
    Ohh ok great that's awesome. Sounds like it's super versatile then. Thanks so much for the advice!
    Looks like it's out of Burn 24 and Recompadrol then... don't know which to go for :'(
    Could get both I suppose but no idea whether I can/how to stack them

30. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Answers

Ohh ok great that's awesome. Sounds like it's super versatile then. Thanks so much for the advice!
    Looks like it's out of Burn 24 and Recompadrol then... don't know which to go for :'(
    Could get both I suppose but no idea whether I can/how to stack them
    Burn24 on low calorie/low carb days recompadrol on others

31. Senior Member
    Answers

Thanks for the love dude! Glad you are enjoying Burn 24.
    NSCA-CSCS and CPT
    Currently Pursuing a Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree

32. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Answers

I had to get lean and dry a few months ago for an event i was going to. I was using (all pre meal) 2 caps glycophase, 1-2g Agmatine, 2 caps GCB. Or I'd use something like Glycophase + TUDCA which worked very well too. I love carbs, bloat moderately hard, but glycophase really does reduce my bloat, and i don't get a huge lethargy spike post meal like i normally would. That right there is a huge benefit for me.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com

33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Wow. That stuff looks amazing

Might need to try

Quote Originally Posted by AdelV View Post
    Ummmm..... http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/e...-capsules.html Pretty sure this is what it was designed for.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Sub'd. Cool thread.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    I had to get lean and dry a few months ago for an event i was going to. I was using (all pre meal) 2 caps glycophase, 1-2g Agmatine, 2 caps GCB. Or I'd use something like Glycophase + TUDCA which worked very well too. I love carbs, bloat moderately hard, but glycophase really does reduce my bloat, and i don't get a huge lethargy spike post meal like i normally would. That right there is a huge benefit for me.
    Goodness. When you used the TUDCA, what dose did you use?

36. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  218 lbs.
    Answers

Recompadrol
    metabolic powder

37. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by XIXOX View Post
    Recompadrol
    metabolic powder
    This

38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Shoot, looking at the "metabolic powder" ingredients, I can create my own formula it seems....

39. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cbsharpe View Post
    Shoot, looking at the "metabolic powder" ingredients, I can create my own formula it seems....
    You can see what's in but not how much. Plus it's pretty cheap.

40. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jjobe6 View Post

You can see what's in but not how much. Plus it's pretty cheap.
    Pretty easy to figure out lol

It's super cheap

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 11:05 AM
  2. What to take according to my training?
    By JassUSMC in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 11:52 AM
  3. Looking to take it to the next level
    By daniel187247 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 09:27 PM
  4. Supplements to take it to the next level
    By musclemilk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-12-2008, 11:03 PM