Supplement to take prior to cheat meals?

mirra250

mirra250

Awards
Being from an Italian family, we often have family events involving copious amounts of food which never seem to stop coming. While I am pretty good at controlling myself in how much and what I eat, I will, without doubt, overeat - particularly at dessert (obviously).
Are there any supplements which may be able to minimize the storage of these (often processed) foods as fat, and instead say as glycogen?
I'm following the leangains IF diet at the moment so I generally make sure I work out the morning of these cheat meals.

After reading through multiple posts on the forum, it seems that one following could pertain to my needs: Burn24, Recompadrol, Slinsane, Defuse, Glycophase. Thoughts on which would be best?
Thanks!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
You nailed it with the first two in my books and a lot of people here have found good results with them.

Burn 24 or Recompadrol are great, if it is Italian cuisine I'm thinking carb heavy much more so than fat, so I may lean towards Recompadrol.

If you really want to safeguard against the fat gain you could add in Metabolic powder as well

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
GlycoPhase is a great choice for a nutrient partitioner in general. This and Recompadrol are two common recommendations. However, with cheat meals, people usually don't use products like these.

mirra250

mirra250

Awards
You nailed it with the first two in my books and a lot of people here have found good results with them. Burn 24 or Recompadrol are great, if it is Italian cuisine I'm thinking carb heavy much more so than fat, so I may lean towards Recompadrol. If you really want to safeguard against the fat gain you could add in Metabolic powder as well
Yeah generally much more carb heavy! Would an EBF rep be able to outline how recompadrol would benefit me? I saw that Coop posted that Burn24 contains ingredients which would inhibit carbohydrate digestion.. Sounds like what I need haha!

mirra250

mirra250

Awards
GlycoPhase is a great choice for a nutrient partitioner in general. This and Recompadrol are two common recommendations. However, with cheat meals, people usually don't use products like these.
I see.. so what is the reason why they wouldn't use these with cheat meals?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I see.. so what is the reason why they wouldn't use these with cheat meals?
They are aiming for the cheat meals to replenish glycogen and help boost metabolism if it has been slowed by long dieting. For scheduled refeeds GDA's aren't needed.

I'm sure an EBF rep will be around they usually are

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure I've read that ECA before a meal increases its thermic effect by some 30%.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah generally much more carb heavy! Would an EBF rep be able to outline how recompadrol would benefit me? I saw that Coop posted that Burn24 contains ingredients which would inhibit carbohydrate digestion.. Sounds like what I need haha!
Sorry man, was smashing legs.

Do you have all those at your disposal?

If so, I'd preload defuse a couple caps every 2 hours until 30 min prior to meal in which you would take 4 recompadrol with that dose, then 2 with the meal

Depending on carb content

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm sure I've read that ECA before a meal increases its thermic effect by some 30%.
Using ephedrine will slow transit time and increase satiety

I typically take it when I cheat, and then a B complex and dogestie enzymes with first bite of meal

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
+1 for Recomapdrol. Have some sitting in my cupboard in case the ol' cheat meal rears its ugly head :)

xhrr

Awards
Burn 24 and it's not even close. Recompadrol looks fantastic but I have yet to try it.

mirra250

mirra250

Awards
Sorry man, was smashing legs. Do you have all those at your disposal? If so, I'd preload defuse a couple caps every 2 hours until 30 min prior to meal in which you would take 4 recompadrol with that dose, then 2 with the meal Depending on carb content
Haha that's cool. Nah I don't have any yet, just want to buy one product...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
+1 for glycophase. Does the job and for a rather nice price.

Add in GCBE when you have an unscheduled cheat meal or do not require much carb utilisation.

xhrr

Awards
What do you mean "it's not even close"?
I mean it is probably the most effective supplement I have ever taken. Bulk, Cut, Carb backload, carbs one night a week, etc. That is coming from somebody who all but gave up on GDA's but this is a different beast and much more than a GDA/damage control product.

I got zero from Slin Sane (og) and the newer version, Glycophase was blah, Anabolic pump was ok, Glycobol was an expensive enema. I would try Recompadrol though if not for Burn24.

mirra250

mirra250

Awards
I mean it is probably the most effective supplement I have ever taken. Bulk, Cut, Carb backload, carbs one night a week, etc. That is coming from somebody who all but gave up on GDA's but this is a different beast and much more than a GDA/damage control product. I got zero from Slin Sane (og) and the newer version, Glycophase was blah, Anabolic pump was ok, Glycobol was an expensive enema. I would try Recompadrol though if not for Burn24.
LOL an expensive enema that's hilarious
Ok awesome thanks heaps!! Super helpful :) so did you just does it as a couple of caps 30 mins before a large meal? did you use it before scheduled carb meals as well as unscheduled ones?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I mean it is probably the most effective supplement I have ever taken. Bulk, Cut, Carb backload, carbs one night a week, etc. That is coming from somebody who all but gave up on GDA's but this is a different beast and much more than a GDA/damage control product.

I got zero from Slin Sane (og) and the newer version, Glycophase was blah, Anabolic pump was ok, Glycobol was an expensive enema. I would try Recompadrol though if not for Burn24.
When you say glycophase was blah, what were you expecting to notice?

xhrr

Awards
LOL an expensive enema that's hilarious
Ok awesome thanks heaps!! Super helpful :) so did you just does it as a couple of caps 30 mins before a large meal? did you use it before scheduled carb meals as well as unscheduled ones?
So I've used it in quite a few settings. I started using it during my one day of carbs which takes place from 5-10pm and is basically a free for all. I ate whole pizzas, wings, Chinese, ice cream, donuts etc. I just dosed it 15-30 mins prior to those meals which came out to 8-10 caps when it was all said and done. Carb backloading I did 2 caps before my 3 carb containing meals which all took place between 5-10pm but it took place every night and not one night a week like the diet I alluded to just above.

When dieting just take 2 caps before any carb containing meal 15-30 mins prior and when bulking do the same just take them before your 3 biggest meals.

xhrr

Awards
When you say glycophase was blah, what were you expecting to notice?
I would expect the ability to tolerate carbs better. Which I found out was not the case. Seemed to have no effect on bloat or fat gain. I'm already very lean but I don't tolerate carbs very well which is why I opt for backloading or carbs one night a week they work well with my body. While taking Burn24 I completely abandoned both after a while since I could increase my carbs immensely at any point during the day while on Burn24 with no repercussions.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I would expect the ability to tolerate carbs better. Which I found out was not the case. Seemed to have no effect on bloat or fat gain. I'm already very lean but I don't tolerate carbs very well which is why I opt for backloading or carbs one night a week they work well with my body. While taking Burn24 I completely abandoned both after a while since I could increase my carbs immensely at any point during the day while on Burn24 with no repercussions.
Burn 24 has an included GCBE which prevents carb absorption, why not just buy that in bulk?

Save you a bit of cash :D

xhrr

Awards
Burn 24 has an included GCBE which prevents carb absorption, why not just buy that in bulk?

Save you a bit of cash :D
True but to be honest I think bergenin is the highlight of the profile.

Please don't take the Glycophase criticism as an attack I use many SNS supplements but that one just didn't happen to work too well for me. You know as well as I do everything in this industry is very individualized. No harm no foul.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Yellow gold

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
True but to be honest I think bergenin is the highlight of the profile.

Please don't take the Glycophase criticism as an attack I use many SNS supplements but that one just didn't happen to work too well for me. You know as well as I do everything in this industry is very individualized. No harm no foul.
Oh I don't, not at all. I was just curious as GDA's are very complex and work via multiple pathways so I was just wondering what you were expecting.

And absolutely, people react/ respond to things in various ways and in some cases, not at all. :D

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Over Christmas I was doing glycophase/Agmatine and picked up a bottle of burn24 during nutras sale. It was epic to say the least.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
mirra250

mirra250

Awards
So I've used it in quite a few settings. I started using it during my one day of carbs which takes place from 5-10pm and is basically a free for all. I ate whole pizzas, wings, Chinese, ice cream, donuts etc. I just dosed it 15-30 mins prior to those meals which came out to 8-10 caps when it was all said and done. Carb backloading I did 2 caps before my 3 carb containing meals which all took place between 5-10pm but it took place every night and not one night a week like the diet I alluded to just above.

When dieting just take 2 caps before any carb containing meal 15-30 mins prior and when bulking do the same just take them before your 3 biggest meals.
Ohh ok great that's awesome. Sounds like it's super versatile then. Thanks so much for the advice!
Looks like it's out of Burn 24 and Recompadrol then... don't know which to go for :'(
Could get both I suppose but no idea whether I can/how to stack them

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ohh ok great that's awesome. Sounds like it's super versatile then. Thanks so much for the advice!
Looks like it's out of Burn 24 and Recompadrol then... don't know which to go for :'(
Could get both I suppose but no idea whether I can/how to stack them
Burn24 on low calorie/low carb days recompadrol on others

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established

Thanks for the love dude! Glad you are enjoying Burn 24.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had to get lean and dry a few months ago for an event i was going to. I was using (all pre meal) 2 caps glycophase, 1-2g Agmatine, 2 caps GCB. Or I'd use something like Glycophase + TUDCA which worked very well too. I love carbs, bloat moderately hard, but glycophase really does reduce my bloat, and i don't get a huge lethargy spike post meal like i normally would. That right there is a huge benefit for me.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sub'd. Cool thread.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I had to get lean and dry a few months ago for an event i was going to. I was using (all pre meal) 2 caps glycophase, 1-2g Agmatine, 2 caps GCB. Or I'd use something like Glycophase + TUDCA which worked very well too. I love carbs, bloat moderately hard, but glycophase really does reduce my bloat, and i don't get a huge lethargy spike post meal like i normally would. That right there is a huge benefit for me.
Goodness. When you used the TUDCA, what dose did you use?

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Shoot, looking at the "metabolic powder" ingredients, I can create my own formula it seems....

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Goodness. When you used the TUDCA, what dose did you use?
Ya man i have a lot of stuff to play around with, surprisingly. TUDCA dosed at 250mg minimum but 500mg i found (in reading and anecdotally) to be better pre meal for GDA purposes. Typically would throw in a serving of CEL Cycle Assist with the Glycophase + TUDCA dosing.

mirra250

mirra250

Awards
Burn24 on low calorie/low carb days recompadrol on others
I ended up going with just recompadrol, can't really afford both at the moment!

I plan on using it on normal days as well as with cheat meals. Should I just have it on my high carb days (work out days) before meals that aren't the immediate post workout ones (I'm doing IF)?
For example, workout at 12pm, first meal at 130-2pm (no recompadrol), and then maybe 2 recompadrol before my next meal at say 6pm and then another 2 before my last meal at 9pm?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I ended up going with just recompadrol, can't really afford both at the moment!

I plan on using it on normal days as well as with cheat meals. Should I just have it on my high carb days (work out days) before meals that aren't the immediate post workout ones (I'm doing IF)?
For example, workout at 12pm, first meal at 130-2pm (no recompadrol), and then maybe 2 recompadrol before my next meal at say 6pm and then another 2 before my last meal at 9pm?
Yes, that works