Why is GW 501516 typically grouped into SARMS?

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
It's a selective agonist (activator) of the PPARδ receptor

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Something something insane toxicity in animal studies?

You could buy any number of more effective compounds for cheaper...

Fzisn1

Fzisn1

Awards
Youre not the first person to bring this up bro. Its been debunked. GW is good to go
What are you talking about bro???? It's perfectly normal to give rats doses that are 2x what you'd give to a human in the 1st study and call it hazardous even though 2 more rat studies were g2g and several human trials.

AlphaMilitant

AlphaMilitant

Banned
Awards
What are you talking about bro???? It's perfectly normal to give rats doses that are 2x what you'd give to a human in the 1st study and call it hazardous even though 2 more rat studies were g2g and several human trials.
Lol

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure thing.

I'm sure GSK abandoned the ingredient for no reason at all and ate the big r&d loss over nothing.

It has nothing to do with WADA trying to use scare tactics to get you to not use the compound, and everything to do with the fact that GSK walked away from a huge cash investment due to risks.

But I'm sure you know better than the people who lost millions of dollars on the development of the compound right?

AlphaMilitant

AlphaMilitant

Banned
Awards
Sure thing.

I'm sure GSK abandoned the ingredient for no reason at all and ate the big r&d loss over nothing.

Clearly no risks at all.

Carry on then.
I wasnt laughing at you bro.. I understand why there would be some concern, but if you look at the study it was ridiculous. Basically it was like giving a human 2000mg a day. The recommended dose is 20mg.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wasnt laughing at you bro.. I understand why there would be some concern, but if you look at the study it was ridiculous. Basically it was like giving a human 2000mg a day. The recommended dose is 20mg.
I get it. And realistically, you're probably right. It's probably much ado about nothing.

I just don't understand why people would spend as much money as they do on abandoned pharmaceutical compounds on the grey market. When if you're willing to use illegal substances, there's WAY more effective products to be had for cheaper.

Fzisn1

Fzisn1

Awards
I get it. And realistically, you're probably right. It's probably much ado about nothing.

I just don't understand why people would spend as much money as they do on abandoned pharmaceutical compounds on the grey market. When if you're willing to use illegal substances, there's WAY more effective products to be had for cheaper.
Like what? I like it because it is not muscularly catabolic, honestly.

AlphaMilitant

AlphaMilitant

Banned
Awards

Its always about money man.. whether its favorable for us as the people or not

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Pharma doesn't abandon drugs that they are heavily into researching unless they don't think they can turn a high enough profit or if the toxicity they see will pose a potential issue with the likelihood of a class action law suit down the road.

I don't know exactly why it falls into the SARM category but a few studies showing some toxicity and the abandoning of the drug by a pharma company that spent millions on R/D with no attempt to recoup any of that cost is clear enough warning to me.

tjfs87

Awards
This thread is deja vu.. its like you cant say gw without this same conversation occurring in every thread where its mentioned. Wah wah wah.