not able to bulk for 3 1\2 months

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
Ok so I've kind of hit on this already but didn't get an answer...I'm in cleet,(the police academy) some people don't know what that is ha..anyway we do a lot of pt and dt, so we burn quiet a bit of cals..plus I still lift after this.. the cafeteria is not the most healthiest..I eat out sometimes down there but I'm not able to eat out everymeal..most of the time its a steak house or Chinese buffet where they cook what you want. I am 5'10 220 12% bf..I can already tell I'm losing some weight, ya it's depressing but I've realized these next few months are going to lean me out. My question is besides whey, caesin, and a preworkout..what are some decent supplements to take to atleast try and maintain..while in a caloric deficient? I'm still getting cals in just not the 3500 I usually consume...

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Are your main goals maintaing strength or size? Both I'm assuming...

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
If hormones are on the table alpha bulk /alpha mass stacked. If not as I'm not sure on the rules or testing for you guys. Xgels and mass gainers.

Big Gains

Big Gains

Awards
I don't see what the big deal is myself. Look at it as an advantage and take the time to lean out. As long as you hit your protein goal each day and lift heavy, you aren't going to lose anything important unless your calories get into a huge defecit

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I don't see what the big deal is myself. Look at it as an advantage and take the time to lean out. As long as you hit your protein goal each day and lift heavy, you aren't going to lose anything important unless your calories get into a huge defecit
This is probably the best way to look at it.

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
If hormones are on the table alpha bulk /alpha mass stacked. If not as I'm not sure on the rules or testing for you guys. Xgels and mass gainers.
I'm not going to risk any pros they do random dorm checks, but I would love some epistane , I'll save that for summer ha..I was thinking ex-gels ...

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
I know it's all in my head ha I just don't want to lose too much...my main concern is nutrition...some days they have decent food others it's crap...

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
I know it's all in my head ha I just don't want to lose too much...my main concern is nutrition...some days they have decent food others it's crap...
Work with what ya got man. As others suggested a mass gainer and x-gels are your best bet(add in some gms too for dat pump).

I'd personally grab some forskolin/ABE and/or Erase w/ XG and just recomp it out for the time being. Just my opinion.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
You said you get to eat at a buffet. Which means you can out-eat your deficit and bulk for a fairly cheap price

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
You said you get to eat at a buffet. Which means you can out-eat your deficit and bulk for a fairly cheap price
Yea the buffet at cleet isn't always clean...and I go to a Chinese buffet that cooks whatever you want, but I can't afford to do that everyday of the week...if your implying just get cals in regardless of how nutrient dense the food is, well ya I could get enough cals in to bulk, but I would look fat...

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yea the buffet at cleet isn't always clean...and I go to a Chinese buffet that cooks whatever you want, but I can't afford to do that everyday of the week...if your implying just get cals in regardless of how nutrient dense the food is, well ya I could get enough cals in to bulk, but I would look fat...
In before an epic IIFYM debate.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
just get cals in regardless of how nutrient dense the food is, well ya I could get enough cals in to bulk, but I would look fat...
If you are doing 2-3 times as much cardio as you normally would, I bet you'll lean out even with bulking calories, dense or not. You can still lift, which is even better.
This same thing happened to me in basic training. I lost so much muscle, I wish I had ate so much more than I did. I'd have been shredded regardless...

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
If you are doing 2-3 times as much cardio as you normally would, I bet you'll lean out even with bulking calories, dense or not. You can still lift, which is even better.
This same thing happened to me in basic training. I lost so much muscle, I wish I had ate so much more than I did. I'd have been shredded regardless...
Yes it's a lot of cardio..pt plus dt and lifting. ..you know how it is ha. I don't mind leaning just don't want to lose much muscle ha...one main thing is when I eat crap food then lift, especially a bad pre and post meal, I think that lifting is pointless...

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
Update for anyone who cares ha...

The meals were decent this week..breakfast has been egg substitutes, yogurt with granola and strawberries added, with oatmeal if they have it, if not arisen bran...

Lunch has been wraps with turkey and roast beef..salad bar and broccoli..lunch wraps are the healthiest item they serve for lunch...except today I had to eat a burger and hotdog..that's all they had..

I've been going to Chinese buffet for dinner..except last night they had sweet potatoes and steak...I was shocked..

Overall diet isn't the best or worst, but I'm managing with what options I have ha...and I eat clean when I come back home for the weekends..we have been running 1.5 miles a day so I'll be burning a lot anyway...

All I'm taking currently is erase. Fish oil, glutamine, multi , bcaa and whey, I'll order anabeta or xgels soon...