Leucine: Tricks for mixing & masking taste

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As popular as this stuff is, it's hard to believe many years later, this enigmatic puzzle has yet to be solved! LOL

So, I am all ears for suggestions.

NOTE: This thread is NOT intended for suggestions to just "toss the arsenic-tasting nastiness in mouth and choke it down"!!! LOL

Been doing just for years.

This thread IS designed for the purpose of purposeful, meaningful and helpful replies only. Thank you

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone try any of those MIO drink flavoring systems? Me thinks I might have to try that and report back.

Crystal Light is no bueno - has aspartame (I think)

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The stuff just simply doesn't mix well. As you have noted. I am in for suggestions also. Sometimes mixing it with a pre-workout or something along those lines may help a tiny bit. Hard to get all the floaters though for sure.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i've used mio with some success with bulk bcaa's back in the day....the thing that was worse than the taste back then was the foam, once you got past the foam i didn't hate the taste all that much with mio

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Malic acid should increase the solubility of BCAAs, but won't do anything for taste. I usually just toss it in the mouth and chase it or use tabs so I am not much for help for flavoring though. :(

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Usually tossing in a few ice cubes does the trick for it completely dissolving, the undissolved flakes all 'stick' to the ice, then dissolve as the ice melts...as far as flavor I usually mix it with an already flavored preWO or other bcaa/amino...outside of that, I would bet the mio drops would work nicely or some stevia and a pinch of unsweetened kool aid (from the pouch)

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I generally toss a scoop in with a pre wo or protein. Livelong Nutrition DCed their flavoring system recently but if you can find some I definitely recommend grabbing a few bottles
How's the mixability with protein? Any better/worse in comparison to a pre-workout?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I generally toss a scoop in with a pre wo or protein. Livelong Nutrition DCed their flavoring system recently but if you can find some I definitely recommend grabbing a few bottles
I used to love their flavouring system (esp green apple). I just mix my SNS leucine into my protein shakes.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Blend with ice an maybe some fruit juice or whole fruit. Or anything really. If you have a slushy/smoothie you aren't going to notice the little clumpy's

Younglifter16

Awards
stuff does not mix and will add a bitter taste/ruin anything, even a good tasting amino or pre workout drink lol. Sorry man, gonna have to say just toss the arsenic-tasting nastiness in mouth and choke it down :D

mightymatt84

mightymatt84

Awards
I usually add like 2 grams to my protein shakes can notice it slightly but no enough to bother me and like other said the protein seems to bind with it making it mix into the water without floating. Honestly i think the next time i get some im gonna fork over the money for caps.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am extremely anti supplement pimping in random threads but if anyone has tried Amino IV they will see how well it mixes despite it's high leucine content.

I used to hate how BCAAs would sit on top of liquid and give me a BCAA moustache lol.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I am extremely anti supplement pimping in random threads but if anyone has tried Amino IV they will see how well it mixes despite it's high leucine content. I used to hate how BCAAs would sit on top of liquid and give me a BCAA moustache lol.
Is the leucine micronized or something along those lines?

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
I am extremely anti supplement pimping in random threads but if anyone has tried Amino IV they will see how well it mixes despite it's high leucine content.

I used to hate how BCAAs would sit on top of liquid and give me a BCAA moustache lol.
Agreed, mixes so well.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha. Thanks Brutha

I am extremely anti supplement pimping in random threads but if anyone has tried Amino IV they will see how well it mixes despite it's high leucine content. I used to hate how BCAAs would sit on top of liquid and give me a BCAA moustache lol.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Add some crystal light, can't taste ****.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
I like AS Leucine tabs.Product plug? Maybe, but very convenient

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Need to check out prices to determine affordability - compared to powder but I like this idea!

How many grams per tab?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are these in stock? Last time I looked it was OOS/ not on nutra :(

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Need to check out prices to determine affordability - compared to powder but I like this idea!

How many grams per tab?
1 gram per tab

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Are these in stock? Last time I looked it was OOS/ not on nutra :(
They haven't ordered it, maybe a request
Thread in the NP section may push them a bit (=

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I found Optimum's Amino energy was the best for masking nastiness. I used a couple samples with 4g of bulk gplc and 2g of additional l-leucine and 3g MCC and it still tasted amazing. No detectable grossness of any kind. I used the orange and fruitpunch flavors and ajimoto L-leucine so there was no mixing issue for me.