How, what scenarios to use ALA, Slin-sane, & recompadrol?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.69%

How, what scenarios to use ALA, Slin-sane, & recompadrol?

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for your time. I'm trying to recomp from 13% down while still putting on slow mass. Using leangains so when I eat its usually one huge meal a day. I typically carb cycle so some days I eats low, none, or alot of carbs. Anyway on hand I have a bottle of 300mg ALA, some generic green coffee bean, Slin-sane, and recompadrol. So heres my questions:

1.) Are any of these like Anabolic Pump (which iirc speeds up sugar/carb digestion/glycogen replenishment)? All I know is AP seemed to get me fat, so not sure if these work his way.

2.) Are any of these for mitigating/slowing down carb digestion or otherwise allowing plenty of time for simple carbs to uptake? Not really sure I understand their use.

3.) All these except the ALA seem to have warnings not to take without carbs but i hear of people using Slin-same on a low carb diet, before bed on empty stomach, etc Whats the deal here?

4.) Whats the best way to use these daily vs moderate carbs (mostly complex) as well as on cheat meals?

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.57%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

1 yes the recompadrol slin sane is similar but far better imo

2 slin sane will help to increase insulin sensitivity as will recompadrol.. they are not made to slow carbs down while digesting.

3. slin sane taken prebed will push the remaining glycogen out orf the muscle since there isn't any dietary glucose. u take it before bed in hopes to avoid symptoms of hypoglycemia. you will wake up looking lean and dry!

4.take a recompadrol before your meal and a slin sane before bed. make sure there is several hrs between these two. you can take the ala around your workouts but I recommend you look into agmatine as well, take 1 pill of ala 3 times perday.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.3%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post

2 slin sane will help to increase insulin sensitivity as will recompadrol.. they are not made to slow carbs down while digesting.

3. slin sane taken prebed will push the remaining glycogen out orf the muscle since there isn't any dietary glucose. u take it before bed in hopes to avoid symptoms of hypoglycemia. you will wake up looking lean and dry!

4.take a recompadrol before your meal and a slin sane before bed. make sure there is several hrs between these two. you can take the ala around your workouts but I recommend you look into agmatine instead.
    Agree other than ALA around workouts, anti-inflammatory products are very undesirable at this time, I would stack it with Recompadrol before your largest meal.
    Athletix Representative
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbit!
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.69%

Yeah I was wondering cause read ALA helped with creatine soak and glycogen ramp up. I guess last question I have is:
    Do I have to be more careful or less careful about making sure my carbs are complex with these ?
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.64%

4.take a recompadrol before your meal and a slin sane before bed. make sure there is several hrs between these two. you can take the ala around your workouts but I recommend you look into agmatine as well, take 1 pill of ala 3 times perday.
    .......even if Recompadrol has Berberine that it's a AMPK activator.
    Unfortunately, the mechanism of action that mediates this (AMPK activation) also appears to suppress muscle growth and may actually reduce muscle mass according to one rodent study.

It contains also Salacia that IT'S a POTENT Alpha glusidase inhibitor with potency similar to Acarbose.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Soooooooooo...slin sane over recompadrol then before heavy carb meals?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.69%

Quote Originally Posted by cbsharpe View Post
    Soooooooooo...slin sane over recompadrol then before heavy carb meals?
    Interested in this as well. Also green coffee bean, does this have a place?

On slin-sane before bed this ok to pair this with GH/IGF products like endocrine-igf or noxitropin?
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.52%

Quote Originally Posted by pectus View Post
    Unfortunately, the mechanism of action that mediates this (AMPK activation) also appears to suppress muscle growth and may actually reduce muscle mass according to one rodent study.

It contains also Salacia that IT'S a POTENT Alpha glusidase inhibitor with potency similar to Acarbose.
    Lots of things activate AMPK, so I wouldn't be too worried about muscle growth suppression.
    PES - Physique Enhancing Science
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.57%

Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Agree other than ALA around workouts, anti-inflammatory products are very undesirable at this time, I would stack it with Recompadrol before your largest meal.
    u missed my ninja edit... I bet u were typing while I was rewording it.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.8%

I'm also interested in the effects of Recompadrol while following a carb cycling diet.
    I've read plenty of conflicting advice.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.69%

Quote Originally Posted by Myke17 View Post
    I'm also interested in the effects of Recompadrol while following a carb cycling diet.
    I've read plenty of conflicting advice.
    Loving where this thread is heading, great input and insight into these sups and their methods.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.8%

With regards to a carb cycling diet and using Recompadrol....

During low to zero carb days, will taking recompadrol with meals and before bed help achieve ketosis faster?

On the refeed days, will adding Recompadrol to the high carb meals hinder the goal of glycogen supercompensation?

Would a product like Burn24 be better on the low carb days to aid in fat loss?

Where would PES' new Norcodrene (Intl version) fit into this use as a GDA?

So many questions!
  13. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.06%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Myke17 View Post
    With regards to a carb cycling diet and using Recompadrol....

During low to zero carb days, will taking recompadrol with meals and before bed help achieve ketosis faster?

On the refeed days, will adding Recompadrol to the high carb meals hinder the goal of glycogen supercompensation?

Would a product like Burn24 be better on the low carb days to aid in fat loss?

Where would PES' new Norcodrene (Intl version) fit into this use as a GDA?

So many questions!
    First of all need to clarify a few things. It'll be done in multiple posts as I'm on my phone ;

Norcodrene would work so long as yohimbine free, and would work quite well.

Burn 24 would be better on lower carb days due to the specific actions on synephrine and GCB

You may use recompadrol on any carbohydrate containing diet. AMPk works in a lot of ways but one is glucose uptake and FAS inhibition.

Check here ; www.themedicalbiochemistrypage.com/AMPk.php

Now it doesn't mean that recompadrol is selective. However it represses certain metabolic pathways that increase adipocyte differentiation. While keeping insulin sensitivity
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  14. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.06%

1: 2 tremendously different products. It's apples and oranges with mechanisms used regardless of 2 similar ingredients

2: these product will slow digestion of carbs (transit time) thus cutting insulin peaks

3: any GDA pre bed will help clear glucose. however, most won't get any problem with hypoglycemia since they aren't diabetic and using poly pharmacy. The mechanisms which it makes you look "dry" and "lean" more then likely aren't due to a SLIGHT increase in gh from lowered blood glucose but rather through the PPARs which may upregulate certain UCPs and dissipate energy as heat

4: you don't need to seperate your dosing of slin sane and recompadrol. If using together use half serving recompadrol (1 cap) BC the corosolic acid content per serving is the highest currently on the market let alone a daily dose.

Recompadrol is only needed at 1 cap for 70-120g carb if you want to control sugar and have a "pump" from ingested food

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Nicee ^^ well put
    [/COLOR]I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.81%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Lots of things activate AMPK, so I wouldn't be too worried about muscle growth suppression.
    Even exercise!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  17. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.06%

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

Even exercise!
    And caffeine

18. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.41%

subbed
  19. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.38%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pectus View Post

You're spot on. In fact, slin sane acts almost exclusively via carb blocking.

Berberine's effects are unlikely to be of concern in humans. Indeed, human studies to date (and there are several) do not note loss of LBM
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.52%

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Even exercise!
    I am usually eating after consuming berberine anyways.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.69%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    You're spot on. In fact, slin sane acts almost exclusively via carb blocking.

Berberine's effects are unlikely to be of concern in humans. Indeed, human studies to date (and there are several) do not note loss of LBM
    So maybe I'm just an moron here (more than likely in fact) but Im hearing some people say Slin-sane/Recomp block carbs, speed carbs to muscle, etc etc. Not really understanding whats its doing and how to use it. I got products on hand and dying to use them from all the reviews to try to recomp over the next few months. What I dont want to do is mistime/misfeed with these putting on alot of carb fat. Please clarify on how to dose with high cabr vs low carb days, nighttime, etc etc for mucho bro-love

Bonus points if you can tell me how to dose ALA and green coffee bean extract with them (also got on hand).
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.68%

BUMP for the answer to post 21.
  23. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.06%

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog.tx View Post
    So maybe I'm just an moron here (more than likely in fact) but Im hearing some people say Slin-sane/Recomp block carbs, speed carbs to muscle, etc etc. Not really understanding whats its doing and how to use it. I got products on hand and dying to use them from all the reviews to try to recomp over the next few months. What I dont want to do is mistime/misfeed with these putting on alot of carb fat. Please clarify on how to dose with high cabr vs low carb days, nighttime, etc etc for mucho bro-love Bonus points if you can tell me how to dose ALA and green coffee bean extract with them (also got on hand).
    Simple sugars should not be blocked. IE dextrose waxy maize ect

24. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.31%

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Recompadrol is only needed at 1 cap for 70-120g carb if you want to control sugar and have a "pump" from ingested food
    This is interesting. I've seen some people say they've taken 8-9 caps over the course of big feeds. Now I know their carbs were high, but hardly in the 1000g range! More like half that! So are these people wasting it, or will certain people NEED such a high dose for it to work, even if they're 'only' consuming around 300-400g carbs? Do you adapt to it over time?
  25. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.06%

Quote Originally Posted by Johnston View Post
    This is interesting. I've seen some people say they've taken 8-9 caps over the course of big feeds. Now I know their carbs were high, but hardly in the 1000g range! More like half that! So are these people wasting it, or will certain people NEED such a high dose for it to work, even if they're only consuming around 300-400g carbs? Do you adapt to it over time?
    The reason for more is for damage control. I was merely stating BLood glucose control and pump

As you adapt you need less product for the same pump. Or more carbs for same amount of product

26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Also the only GDA that takes cheat meals the best.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.52%

Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    Also the only GDA that takes cheat meals the best.
    GDA with a cheat meal?
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.85%

Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    GDA with a cheat meal?
    Yep! Never felt full or gained any noticeable fat.

My last run I had so many cheat meals and it didn't faze me at all. Best all around GDA hands down. Second is burn 24

Similar Forum Threads

1. when to use ALA and what type?
    By pinchharmonic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-23-2008, 07:17 PM
  2. What supp to use for beastly building?
    By NerdFlexd in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 06:42 AM
  3. What oral to use with Test/Tren Enanthate
    By biomax in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 04:47 PM
  4. Asking for Help on when to STOP Cycle - & what PCT to use
    By THETEST in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-02-2006, 03:42 PM