Train more often with x-factor/ara acid? - AnabolicMinds.com

Train more often with x-factor/ara acid?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Train more often with x-factor/ara acid?

Just picked up some x-factor, L-Car, and GMS. While reading up on it people mentioned having more DOMS but also recovering quicker from workouts.

Any thoughts on training more often while taking it (also 30g bcaas postworkout)? Currently doing DC training and was sticking with every other day as mentioned on the blog. Thinking about upping it to 2 days on 1 day off since it's a split with legs, biceps, and forearms one day, the rest of the body the next day. Thoughts?

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I would not increase training frequency, but increase weight lifted and intensity as the ARA allows you. Take a serving of BCAA's with your L-Car and GMS pre-workout and take another intra-workout. Considering what you listed, eat solid food post workout. Starting with 4, take 4-8 caps of the ARA pre-workout.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by nemix View Post
    Just picked up some x-factor, L-Car, and GMS. While reading up on it people mentioned having more DOMS but also recovering quicker from workouts. Any thoughts on training more often while taking it (also 30g bcaas postworkout)? Currently doing DC training and was sticking with every other day as mentioned on the blog. Thinking about upping it to 2 days on 1 day off since it's a split with legs, biceps, and forearms one day, the rest of the body the next day. Thoughts?
    I'm training DC right now as well. But, I workout every other day, I don't take two days off (prescribed Saturday and Sunday). The template is designed to grow with the rest protocol as well, so don't train more.. But truly max out on your rest pause sets.
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP
    BJOHNSON15 @MYOKEM.COM FOR 15% OFF

PSALMS 62:1- 62:2
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Intensity, not frequency.

Mike
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

sounds good, thanks for the tips everyone
  6. mw1
    Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Intensity, not frequency.

Mike
    Agreed here^^

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

To add on, the 30g of BCAA's are excessive.

8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

This is not accurate IMO.

This would largely depend on total macros; especially protein intake, for the day along with a myriad of other variables that could come into play to justify this amount

Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    To add on, the 30g of BCAA's are excessive.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    This is not accurate IMO. This would largely depend on total macros; especially protein intake, for the day along with a myriad of other variables that could come into play to justify this amount
    The point of BCAA's, IMO, are for the leucine-driven spike in MPS. This occurs at ~4-6g of leucine. They shouldn't (once again IMO) be used at that amount. Seems like a waste.

10. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"   lbs.

I'm training a full body program as advocated by Børge Fâgerli, would X-factor be productive or counterproductive?

I'm doing a full body routine 5-7 days a week ala this:

Reignite Progress with New Science
  11. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by HITFrank View Post
    I'm training a full body program as advocated by Børge Fâgerli, would X-factor be productive or counterproductive?

ARA would be productive.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

The point of BCAA's, IMO, are for the leucine-driven spike in MPS. This occurs at ~4-6g of leucine. They shouldn't (once again IMO) be used at that amount. Seems like a waste.
    Was just going by things I read from the carb back loading book and another study, wish I favorited that study now. Upping protein synthesis. 1 kilo of bcaas for is $35 for nutraplanet. Not too worried if it's a waste, just add it right in with the calories.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bakerwil View Post
    I would not increase training frequency, but increase weight lifted and intensity as the ARA allows you. Take a serving of BCAA's with your L-Car and GMS pre-workout and take another intra-workout. Considering what you listed, eat solid food post workout. Starting with 4, take 4-8 caps of the ARA pre-workout.
    Agreed, youll certainly have drastically improved workouts and physique improvements while on X-Factor however I wouldnt push it and up the frequency that much as more training isnt always better. Overtraining will hinder progress and be counterproductive.
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

It would be productive as it does speed recovery (inflammation is the bodies response to damage, and is a crucial part of the healing process) and will also be beneficial due to the more you train, the more ArA you deplete from skeletal muscle.

That said, dont go out and overtrain or feel like you have an excuse to over train just bc you are supplementing with X-Factor/additional ArA.

Also great news that the $30 for XF $32 for XFA deal is still valid at NP!

http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufactu...lar-nutrition/
  15. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    It would be productive as it does speed recovery (inflammation is the bodies response to damage, and is a crucial part of the healing process) and will also be beneficial due to the more you train, the more ArA you deplete from skeletal muscle.

That said, dont go out and overtrain or feel like you have an excuse to over train just bc you are supplementing with X-Factor/additional ArA.

MN rocks!!
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

This. 30g is,also imo, obsurd as a) most of the positive data on protein synthesis from BCAA's is because of Leucine and b) proteins contain all aminos anyway.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Is the advanced recommended over the og whats the benefits of the advanced. Whats typical dosage so I know how many bottle to order for a 8 weeks run?
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jhbmore View Post
    Is the advanced recommended over the og whats the benefits of the advanced. Whats typical dosage so I know how many bottle to order for a 8 weeks run?
    Most people say OG although molecular has a decent reason for the advanced.. can't remember it though.

Mike
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

hope you enjoy your run.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Most people say OG although molecular has a decent reason for the advanced.. can't remember it though.

Mike
    The main reason why people prefer OG over the Advanced version is due to the inclusion of Omega 3 Fish Oil, which is an anti-inflammatory that people normally recommend taking 4 hours or more after one takes ArA.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

What is the point of purposely including something which has an opposite of the desired effect of the original product?
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by nasrenegade View Post
    What is the point of purposely including something which has an opposite of the desired effect of the original product?
    I believe it was in response to some people experiencing joint pain. A Molecular rep can probably answer fully though.

23. Advanced Member

I believe it was in response to some people experiencing joint pain. A Molecular rep can probably answer fully though.
    Indeed, although I was on the side that the inclusion is a poor idea and that the original is better than advanced.
    PES
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://facebook.com/pescience
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

ArA in itself is tricky sometimes when it can improve body composition, yet you must be wary of joint issues which could hamper training. Finding the sweet spot in dose vs sides is key. However, i've not even had joint issues at 2g daily when using my daily cissus. Spaced appropriately apart.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    ArA in itself is tricky sometimes when it can improve body composition, yet you must be wary of joint issues which could hamper training. Finding the sweet spot in dose vs sides is key. However, i've not even had joint issues at 2g daily when using my daily cissus. Spaced appropriately apart.
    How long did you use 2g for?

26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

How long did you use 2g for?
    I've done 2-3 weeks of 1g, 1.5g, and 2g to judge efficacy. For me, the sweet spot seems to be 1.5g, however even at 2g i really didn't see any excess soreness or joint issues as some report. Daily cissus use really is a huge factor in my lifting and being able to lift as hard and as consistent as i do.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"   lbs.

Just what I needed to know, great advice..
  28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Just what I needed to know, great advice..
    You're very welcome
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

Would it be of any benefit to increase overall volume during workouts? Also, how much of a negative impact would there be from increasing workout frequency, given I don't have the choice to increase workout frequency due to the powers that be.
  30. Advanced Member

Would it be of any benefit to increase overall volume during workouts? Also, how much of a negative impact would there be from increasing workout frequency, given I don't have the choice to increase workout frequency due to the powers that be.
    No, just workout the same way you workout if its working for you. I'm not entirely sure what you are asking in your second question.
    PES
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

I'm asking what negative impact (if any) would be realized from increased train ing frequency? People are against it but gave no reason why.
  32. Advanced Member

I'm asking what negative impact (if any) would be realized from increased train ing frequency? People are against it but gave no reason why.
    You mean working out more often? Likely no negative impact if you're training properly and taking enough rest.
    PES
  33. New Member

^^ this, bcaa intra has helped me with my DOMS thou and btw when i add to cart says its sold out how long would the wait be brother? might stock up for another run later on btw at 1.5g i hardly feel any DOMS might run again at 2g ?? im on alcar and gms
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Increased frequency is just another way to stimulate overload. Its my preferred over increasing volume. I train each body part twice per week and the improvements are pronounced.

Only thing is, is that volume must decrease somewhat to compensate.

It will not cause overtraining (unless you have dumb programming).
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Possible overtraining?
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"   lbs.

I will try XF with this program soon, just have to get rid of the cold I have!

http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...h-new-science/

In this article, you will learn more about:
    Using myo-reps to reactivate mechanisms for muscle growth
    Using higher training frequency to make better progress
    Using both light and heavy days in your program

"Train more often

In my opinion, frequency is the most underrated training variable. Most lifters are all too eager to increase volume by doing more sets and more exercises. Honestly, do you really believe that you need four different biceps exercises to get bigger arms? I think there isn’t anything that stagnates progress more or faster than training volume, especially combined with excessive failure training and intensity techniques such as forced reps and super/triple/giant sets.

There exists a certain threshold of work that you have to exceed in order to stimulate an adaptation (i.e. strength and muscle growth). This threshold increases with training age and experience. However, a common misconception is that if you double the training volume, you also double the stimulus. Sorry, but if it were that easy, we would all be massive just from copying the high volume routines of Arnold or Ronnie. Anyone who idolized Arnold back in the 80s or Ronnie back in the late 90s knows for a fact that this line of logic didn’t turn out as well as we hoped."
  37. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

I will try XF with this program soon, just have to get rid of the cold I have!

http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...h-new-science/

In this article, you will learn more about:
    Using myo-reps to reactivate mechanisms for muscle growth
    Using higher training frequency to make better progress
    Using both light and heavy days in your program

"Train more often

In my opinion, frequency is the most underrated training variable. Most lifters are all too eager to increase volume by doing more sets and more exercises. Honestly, do you really believe that you need four different biceps exercises to get bigger arms? I think there isn’t anything that stagnates progress more or faster than training volume, especially combined with excessive failure training and intensity techniques such as forced reps and super/triple/giant sets.

There exists a certain threshold of work that you have to exceed in order to stimulate an adaptation (i.e. strength and muscle growth). This threshold increases with training age and experience. However, a common misconception is that if you double the training volume, you also double the stimulus. Sorry, but if it were that easy, we would all be massive just from copying the high volume routines of Arnold or Ronnie. Anyone who idolized Arnold back in the 80s or Ronnie back in the late 90s knows for a fact that this line of logic didn’t turn out as well as we hoped."
    Interested to hear how that goes for you!

Ive been a volume lifter for years now, but made a lot of my early gains with frequency training... considering switching back/switching it up at some point.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 11:33 PM
  2. Oratropin with X-factor?
    By swoody in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-22-2005, 06:22 AM
  3. Do you train lower back with abs?
    By joshingyou in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-21-2005, 02:16 AM
  4. Ok to work out more often when on PH's?
    By mikeman28 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-03-2004, 07:25 PM
  5. Why are abs usually trained more than the other muscles?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 07:33 PM