Train more often with x-factor/ara acid?

nemix

Awards
Just picked up some x-factor, L-Car, and GMS. While reading up on it people mentioned having more DOMS but also recovering quicker from workouts.

Any thoughts on training more often while taking it (also 30g bcaas postworkout)? Currently doing DC training and was sticking with every other day as mentioned on the blog. Thinking about upping it to 2 days on 1 day off since it's a split with legs, biceps, and forearms one day, the rest of the body the next day. Thoughts?

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
I would not increase training frequency, but increase weight lifted and intensity as the ARA allows you. Take a serving of BCAA's with your L-Car and GMS pre-workout and take another intra-workout. Considering what you listed, eat solid food post workout. Starting with 4, take 4-8 caps of the ARA pre-workout.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just picked up some x-factor, L-Car, and GMS. While reading up on it people mentioned having more DOMS but also recovering quicker from workouts. Any thoughts on training more often while taking it (also 30g bcaas postworkout)? Currently doing DC training and was sticking with every other day as mentioned on the blog. Thinking about upping it to 2 days on 1 day off since it's a split with legs, biceps, and forearms one day, the rest of the body the next day. Thoughts?
I'm training DC right now as well. But, I workout every other day, I don't take two days off (prescribed Saturday and Sunday). The template is designed to grow with the rest protocol as well, so don't train more.. But truly max out on your rest pause sets.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Intensity, not frequency.

Mike

Reactions: mw1
aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
To add on, the 30g of BCAA's are excessive.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is not accurate IMO.

This would largely depend on total macros; especially protein intake, for the day along with a myriad of other variables that could come into play to justify this amount :)

To add on, the 30g of BCAA's are excessive.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This is not accurate IMO. This would largely depend on total macros; especially protein intake, for the day along with a myriad of other variables that could come into play to justify this amount :)
The point of BCAA's, IMO, are for the leucine-driven spike in MPS. This occurs at ~4-6g of leucine. They shouldn't (once again IMO) be used at that amount. Seems like a waste.

nemix

Awards
The point of BCAA's, IMO, are for the leucine-driven spike in MPS. This occurs at ~4-6g of leucine. They shouldn't (once again IMO) be used at that amount. Seems like a waste.
Was just going by things I read from the carb back loading book and another study, wish I favorited that study now. Upping protein synthesis. 1 kilo of bcaas for is $35 for nutraplanet. Not too worried if it's a waste, just add it right in with the calories.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would not increase training frequency, but increase weight lifted and intensity as the ARA allows you. Take a serving of BCAA's with your L-Car and GMS pre-workout and take another intra-workout. Considering what you listed, eat solid food post workout. Starting with 4, take 4-8 caps of the ARA pre-workout.
Agreed, youll certainly have drastically improved workouts and physique improvements while on X-Factor however I wouldnt push it and up the frequency that much as more training isnt always better. Overtraining will hinder progress and be counterproductive.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm training a full body program as advocated by Børge Fâgerli, would X-factor be productive or counterproductive?

I'm doing a full body routine 5-7 days a week ala this:

Reignite Progress with New Science
It would be productive as it does speed recovery (inflammation is the bodies response to damage, and is a crucial part of the healing process) and will also be beneficial due to the more you train, the more ArA you deplete from skeletal muscle.

That said, dont go out and overtrain or feel like you have an excuse to over train just bc you are supplementing with X-Factor/additional ArA.

Also great news that the $30 for XF $32 for XFA deal is still valid at NP!

http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/molecular-nutrition/

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
It would be productive as it does speed recovery (inflammation is the bodies response to damage, and is a crucial part of the healing process) and will also be beneficial due to the more you train, the more ArA you deplete from skeletal muscle.

That said, dont go out and overtrain or feel like you have an excuse to over train just bc you are supplementing with X-Factor/additional ArA.

MN rocks!!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This. 30g is,also imo, obsurd as a) most of the positive data on protein synthesis from BCAA's is because of Leucine and b) proteins contain all aminos anyway.

jhbmore

Awards

Is the advanced recommended over the og whats the benefits of the advanced. Whats typical dosage so I know how many bottle to order for a 8 weeks run?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is the advanced recommended over the og whats the benefits of the advanced. Whats typical dosage so I know how many bottle to order for a 8 weeks run?
Most people say OG although molecular has a decent reason for the advanced.. can't remember it though.

Mike

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Most people say OG although molecular has a decent reason for the advanced.. can't remember it though.

Mike
The main reason why people prefer OG over the Advanced version is due to the inclusion of Omega 3 Fish Oil, which is an anti-inflammatory that people normally recommend taking 4 hours or more after one takes ArA.

nasrenegade

Awards
What is the point of purposely including something which has an opposite of the desired effect of the original product?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What is the point of purposely including something which has an opposite of the desired effect of the original product?
I believe it was in response to some people experiencing joint pain. A Molecular rep can probably answer fully though.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe it was in response to some people experiencing joint pain. A Molecular rep can probably answer fully though.
Indeed, although I was on the side that the inclusion is a poor idea and that the original is better than advanced.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ArA in itself is tricky sometimes when it can improve body composition, yet you must be wary of joint issues which could hamper training. Finding the sweet spot in dose vs sides is key. However, i've not even had joint issues at 2g daily when using my daily cissus. Spaced appropriately apart.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
ArA in itself is tricky sometimes when it can improve body composition, yet you must be wary of joint issues which could hamper training. Finding the sweet spot in dose vs sides is key. However, i've not even had joint issues at 2g daily when using my daily cissus. Spaced appropriately apart.
How long did you use 2g for?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How long did you use 2g for?
I've done 2-3 weeks of 1g, 1.5g, and 2g to judge efficacy. For me, the sweet spot seems to be 1.5g, however even at 2g i really didn't see any excess soreness or joint issues as some report. Daily cissus use really is a huge factor in my lifting and being able to lift as hard and as consistent as i do.

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established

Just what I needed to know, great advice..:)

nasrenegade

Awards
Would it be of any benefit to increase overall volume during workouts? Also, how much of a negative impact would there be from increasing workout frequency, given I don't have the choice to increase workout frequency due to the powers that be.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would it be of any benefit to increase overall volume during workouts? Also, how much of a negative impact would there be from increasing workout frequency, given I don't have the choice to increase workout frequency due to the powers that be.
No, just workout the same way you workout if its working for you. I'm not entirely sure what you are asking in your second question.

nasrenegade

Awards
I'm asking what negative impact (if any) would be realized from increased train ing frequency? People are against it but gave no reason why.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm asking what negative impact (if any) would be realized from increased train ing frequency? People are against it but gave no reason why.
You mean working out more often? Likely no negative impact if you're training properly and taking enough rest.

fast00

fast00

Awards

^^ this, bcaa intra has helped me with my DOMS thou and btw when i add to cart says its sold out how long would the wait be brother? might stock up for another run later on btw at 1.5g i hardly feel any DOMS might run again at 2g ?? im on alcar and gms

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Increased frequency is just another way to stimulate overload. Its my preferred over increasing volume. I train each body part twice per week and the improvements are pronounced.

Only thing is, is that volume must decrease somewhat to compensate.

It will not cause overtraining (unless you have dumb programming).

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Possible overtraining?

HITFrank

HITFrank

Awards
  • Established
I will try XF with this program soon, just have to get rid of the cold I have!

http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/reignite-progress-with-new-science/

In this article, you will learn more about:
Using myo-reps to reactivate mechanisms for muscle growth
Using higher training frequency to make better progress
Using both light and heavy days in your program

"Train more often

In my opinion, frequency is the most underrated training variable. Most lifters are all too eager to increase volume by doing more sets and more exercises. Honestly, do you really believe that you need four different biceps exercises to get bigger arms? I think there isn’t anything that stagnates progress more or faster than training volume, especially combined with excessive failure training and intensity techniques such as forced reps and super/triple/giant sets.

There exists a certain threshold of work that you have to exceed in order to stimulate an adaptation (i.e. strength and muscle growth). This threshold increases with training age and experience. However, a common misconception is that if you double the training volume, you also double the stimulus. Sorry, but if it were that easy, we would all be massive just from copying the high volume routines of Arnold or Ronnie. Anyone who idolized Arnold back in the 80s or Ronnie back in the late 90s knows for a fact that this line of logic didn’t turn out as well as we hoped."

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will try XF with this program soon, just have to get rid of the cold I have!

http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/reignite-progress-with-new-science/

In this article, you will learn more about:
Using myo-reps to reactivate mechanisms for muscle growth
Using higher training frequency to make better progress
Using both light and heavy days in your program

"Train more often

In my opinion, frequency is the most underrated training variable. Most lifters are all too eager to increase volume by doing more sets and more exercises. Honestly, do you really believe that you need four different biceps exercises to get bigger arms? I think there isn’t anything that stagnates progress more or faster than training volume, especially combined with excessive failure training and intensity techniques such as forced reps and super/triple/giant sets.

There exists a certain threshold of work that you have to exceed in order to stimulate an adaptation (i.e. strength and muscle growth). This threshold increases with training age and experience. However, a common misconception is that if you double the training volume, you also double the stimulus. Sorry, but if it were that easy, we would all be massive just from copying the high volume routines of Arnold or Ronnie. Anyone who idolized Arnold back in the 80s or Ronnie back in the late 90s knows for a fact that this line of logic didn’t turn out as well as we hoped."
Interested to hear how that goes for you!

Ive been a volume lifter for years now, but made a lot of my early gains with frequency training... considering switching back/switching it up at some point.