What kind of protein blend would you buy

amarula

Awards
I have one option: 60% whey isolate + 40% micellar casein or

a blend of whey concentrate, isolate, hydrolizate, micellar casein and egg albumin with no revealed amounts for each one of the proteins.

Saying you have the same quality and price what would you buy?

Touey

Touey

Awards
60% whey isolate + 40% micellar casein

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
60% whey isolate + 40% micellar casein
Mmmmmmm I need to find a good mix like that. Drinking whey blows when you want something slow digesting and have no casein.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
50/50 whey/casein from Milk Protein Isolate and WPC80, arguably the two best protein sources money can buy. Hence, PES Select :D

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well the OP said he has only the choice between the two protein listed not other proteins or brands. In this case go for 60% whey 40% micellar

rosemont83

rosemont83

Awards
Bro go with the one that has everything labeled for sure.
Check out the PES select protein too if you get a chance.
Delicious and a great profile! Nothing else to ask for..

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Well the OP said he has only the choice between the two protein listed not other proteins or brands. In this case go for 60% whey 40% micellar
EatMoar was looking for suggestions as well, though.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if i could choose, i wouldn't buy a blend....pure isolate, isotean, isolyze

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Out of those two choices I'd roll with the WPI and MC, especially given you know the percentages of each in that product. ;)

ecto84

ecto84

Awards
If you want to play it safe go for 60% whey isolate + 40% micellar casein ...

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
why?

Oxy protein is moving pretty well at NP with current sale.
oh i'm not doubting your selling very well....most usp products do

but i want a quick spike in MPS and a quick decline if possible, which would mean my next meal would then again maximize my MPS once again...get the greatest anabolic effect from the protein as possible...if i'm eating every 3-4 hours or so i want a fast protein

which is funny because at this time i'm mostly using a blend protein myself...but it was inexspensive however if money wasn't an issue i want isolate

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I also really like a good isolate for post workout, such as isotean. But I also like a good blend right before bed

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

but i want a quick spike in MPS and a quick decline if possible, which would mean my next meal would then again maximize my MPS once again...get the greatest anabolic effect from the protein as possible...if i'm eating every 3-4 hours or so i want a fast protein

which is funny because at this time i'm mostly using a blend protein myself...but it was inexspensive however if money wasn't an issue i want isolate
*facepalm*

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
*facepalm*
???

the idea is to get maximium MPS as many times as possible throughout the day correct? then having it elevated all day long isn't the best option

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
???

the idea is to get MPS as many times as possible throughout the day correct? then having it elevated all day long isn't the best option
The idea is to maximize total net protein balance, and to maximize the AUC of your increase in Net protein balance from supplementation.

Isolate alone does not do that.

amarula

Awards
Isn't the second blend a better option because the superiority of WPC over WPI?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

You must be kidding. You want muscle protein synthesis (anabolism) to quickly decline?

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards

Hmmm disagree

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You must be kidding. You want muscle protein synthesis (anabolism) to quickly decline?
bodybuilders typically try to eat protein frequently with the goal of maintaining nearly constant blood amino acid levels and the above research suggests that this may not be the best idea.

Rather, spiking amino acid levels (to promote protein synthesis) and then allowing them to decrease again (by not eating more protein too frequently) may turn out to be a better pattern for mass gains. Another possibility is that by alternating very fast acting proteins (which generate a quick spike followed by a drop) between whole-food meals may turn out to be superior.

here i took this from your boy, i'm not going back and fourth....no need for a slow drip protein, unless maybe at bed time

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
bodybuilders typically try to eat protein frequently with the goal of maintaining nearly constant blood amino acid levels and the above research suggests that this may not be the best idea.

Rather, spiking amino acid levels (to promote protein synthesis) and then allowing them to decrease again (by not eating more protein too frequently) may turn out to be a better pattern for mass gains. Another possibility is that by alternating very fast acting proteins (which generate a quick spike followed by a drop) between whole-food meals may turn out to be superior.

here i took this from your boy, i'm not going back and fourth....no need for a slow drip protein, unless maybe at bed time
Lol, thanks for welcoming me back to the 1990s. I needed the sentimental flashback. When you're ready to start learning based on real research (not the "research" you cited...lol), read up, sources included: http://selectprotein.com/.

Until then, it'd be appreciated if you didn't mislead consumers simply to hit your product-mention quota...it's in poor taste. iForce protean/isotean is a great product and I use it, but your reasoning behind its use is not accurate

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, thanks for welcoming me back to the 1990s. I needed the sentimental flashback. When you're ready to start learning based on real research (not the "research" you cited...lol), read up, sources included: http://selectprotein.com/.

Until then, it'd be appreciated if you didn't mislead consumers simply to hit your product-mention quota...it's in poor taste
nevermind, i'll stay classy......your a funny guy with that write up

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some 20 years ago the consensus was to keep blood amino acid level constantly high some companies even tried to make a time released whey' at the time there were some research going in that direction. Then some years later research pointed out that we need amino acid in our blood in a bolus mode. And now we are back 20-30 years again. Lol

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
nevermind, i'll stay classy......your a funny guy with that write up
Class is reflected in actions, not words. I'll continue doing my best to educate the community with "funny," real research

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Class is reflected in actions, not words. I'll continue doing my best to educate the community with "funny," real research
nvm...haha i'll keep serving the country in a "classy" way

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cooper, are you saying what mentioned in Lyne article is not correct?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Cooper, are you saying what mentioned in Lyne article is not correct?
It is correct. That has to do with meal timing, not form of protein used. Select protein uses leucine peptides which spike plasma amino acid levels faster than virtually any other protein source. This is combined with the slow release of MPI. And this is supported by all current research in that a blend is your best bet for protein.

Not slow protein. Not fast protein. A blend, providing the best of both worlds (MPS stimulation + improved nitrogen retention)

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is correct. That has to do with meal timing, not form of protein used. Select protein uses leucine peptides which spike plasma amino acid levels faster than virtually any other protein source. This is combined with the slow release of MPI. And this is supported by all current research in that a blend is your best bet for protein. Not slow protein. Not fast protein. A blend, providing the best of both worlds (MPS stimulation + improved nitrogen retention)
But based on Lyne's article the level of amino acid needs to drop before the next meal. If one use a blend he will have the spike of leu one from whey but casein will not let the AA level to drop before next meal. Isn't it?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
But based on Lyne's article the level of amino acid needs to drop before the next meal. If one use a blend he will have the spike of leu one from whey but casein will not let the AA level to drop before next meal. Isn't it?
The levels of AAs do drop quite precipitously. Did you read the link I posted? It has a graph showing plasma leucine levels following whey and casein ingestion. Casein stays below the threshold but still prevents catabolism

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The levels of AAs do drop quite precipitously. Did you read the link I posted? It has a graph showing plasma leucine levels following whey and casein ingestion. Casein stays below the threshold but still prevents catabolism
based on your little graph, the intersection of whey and caesin is at roughly 180 minutes...so 3 hours, with 24 hours in a day and assuming someone sleeps 8 hours, leaves 16 hours a day...so 5 meals a day evenly spaced apart and 20-30 grams per meal leaves somone eating every 3.2 hours....why is a blend necessary again? 18 minutes of catabolism....ohhh my gains!

luckily the leucine sets your blend apart...other than that can we even ensure theres enough whey in the blends to hit the highest maximium protein synthesis as quickly as we can?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
based on your little graph, the intersection of whey and caesin is at roughly 180 minutes...so 3 hours, with 24 hours in a day and assuming someone sleeps 8 hours, leaves 16 hours a day...so 5 meals a day evenly spaced apart and 20-30 grams per meal leaves somone eating every 3.2 hours....why is a blend necessary again? 18 minutes of catabolism....ohhh my gains!

luckily the leucine sets your blend apart...other than that can we even ensure theres enough whey in the blends to hit the highest maximium protein synthesis?
Thank god your post is so far off base that it doesn't warrant a reply. If there was anything valid in anything you just stated, I'd be tempted to give you a little lesson on on your very own iForce products. But I'll leave your dignity intact out of pity. No further comment, carry on.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank god your post is so far off base that it doesn't warrant a reply. If there was anything valid in anything you just stated, I'd be tempted to school you on your very own iForce products. But I'll leave your dignity intact out of pity. No further comment, carry on.

yes dr please pity me bahahah

Touey

Touey

Awards
yes dr please pity me bahahah
hey Gotti that is not bad pity is underrated at least he do not decide to follow you around the corridors of AM

amarula

Awards
I've used whey for quite some time. I'm using blends for the last year. I prefer blends because of all the research, and I've seen the best results of my life in the last year (coincidence or not).

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thread of the week! :)
Also prefer blends...esp based on all the recent studies...

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Thread of the week! :)
Also prefer blends...esp based on all the recent studies...
lol... oh you...

Quick to the whit, but half as fit ;)

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol... oh you...

Quick to the whit, but half as fit ;)
Whoo-hoo, PuZo acknowledged me!!! My diary is going to get an ear full tonight!!

Half as fit (sigh) I blame you for never sending me a tub of that VMS protean & Canadian maple syrup...and now it's too late (runs down the hallway crying)

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Whoo-hoo, PuZo acknowledged me!!! My diary is going to get an ear full tonight!!

Half as fit (sigh) I blame you for never sending me a tub of that VMS protean & Canadian maple syrup...and now it's too late (runs down the hallway crying)
Brown Sugar Maple Oatmeal Cookie will make up for it ;)

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
I have one option: 60% whey isolate + 40% micellar casein or

a blend of whey concentrate, isolate, hydrolizate, micellar casein and egg albumin with no revealed amounts for each one of the proteins.

Saying you have the same quality and price what would you buy?
I buy whey isolate and casein.

I can blend them when I want how much I want.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I drink milk and eat meat, eggs, fish.
And with PF3, I don't need any protein blends.
Milk has the perfect ratio of whey/casein.
Whole foods brah, and PF3.