I NEED SOME ADVICE/ SUPP HELP! PLEASE! RECOMP??

H

HollingW

Awards
Okay so I'm 23 years old. Used to work out everyday in high school while playing 3 different sports. Then went off to college and put on 40 lbs, (drinking, eating and not exercising). After college, I completely changed my diet, stating working out again and hit the cardio hard. I have now lost the 40 lbs, and even put on a little extra muscle. The last couple months I am also hitting the weights hard again and loving it, can't believe I ever stopped. Im 6'1 and 200 lbs now, I dont know what body fat % I'm at exactly, (I think about 16%), but I want to get down to at least 10% body fat, but I want to continue to gain some muscle/strength at the same time. I'm also starting to see some loose skin, which is pissing me off. My diet is in check and my workouts are still intense as ever in the gym. EXTREMELY serious about what i'm doing in the gym. I wanted to see if anyone had some advice on some extra supplements I could add to take everything TO THE NEXT LEVEL. However I do want to keep it "OTC," for now at least?. Any advice is very much appreciated as I have been somewhat plateauing latley, and getting extremely frustrated.

I currently am taking Preworkout (Pump HD/ or C4)
Creatine (Con-Cret)
BCAA(Extend)
Arginine
CLA
Multi- vitamin
Fish oil and obviously Protein (Iso-100)

I have always been somewhat skeptical about test boosters or PH, because I have heard they won't help me much at my age. I don't know. Probably don't want to add too many more stims since I like taking pre-workout? All I know is, I'm really getting frustrated. So much info out there, hard to choose from.

THANKS

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
drop the the arginine and grab some bulk agmatine

for someone your age who doesn't want a test booster....how about something like lights out, you have most of your staples covered, add in some extra restful sleep and recovery should increase and really help

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
About 98% of the time someone thinks their diet is "in check", it's not.

I guarantee there are a litany of changes that could be made to diet to get you from 16% down to 10%. You've just barely even ventured into the area code of lean.

I'm sure you'll disregard this, but I bet if you posted an exact breakdown of a day's diet, there will be plenty of places to make changes.

You can't out-supplement a shítty diet.

H

HollingW

Awards
drop the the arginine and grab some bulk agmatine

for someone your age who doesn't want a test booster....how about something like lights out, you have most of your staples covered, add in some extra restful sleep and recovery should increase and really help
Thanks for the reply! Ya I think my recovery could improve, I workout 6 times a week now, but thats b/c I feel like my muscles actually do recover fairly quickly, and I'm still trying to cut. Also its not that I dont want a Test booster, its just that I have been told it wouldnt do much for me at 23 years old?

H

HollingW

Awards

I guarantee there are a litany of changes that could be made to diet to get you from 16% down to 10%. You've just barely even ventured into the area code of lean.

I'm sure you'll disregard this, but I bet if you posted an exact breakdown of a day's diet, there will be plenty of places to make changes.

Completely right, I personally don't think my diet is perfect, and I am currently working on tracking every gram that I put in, as best as possible. High protein, low fat, 5 meals a day, but I have been going low carb for awhile now, and It is definetly hurting the energy in the weightroom.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the reply! Ya I think my recovery could improve, I workout 6 times a week now, but thats b/c I feel like my muscles actually do recover fairly quickly, and I'm still trying to cut. Also its not that I dont want a Test booster, its just that I have been told it wouldnt do much for me at 23 years old?
at your age you may not see any huge benefits from a test booster, your test should be high enough on it's own right now....you could dabble with boosters and see results too though so it's really up to you

H

HollingW

Awards
I guess my goals are pretty much the same as what everyone usually wants. To get shredded and as lean as possible with as much muscle as possible. I have been looking at and researching Alphamax, Erase Pro, Iron Cuts, possibly a fat burner though I don't like feeling stimed out all day long?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I guess my goals are pretty much the same as what everyone usually wants. To get shredded and as lean as possible with as much muscle as possible. I have been looking at and researching Alphamax, Erase Pro, Iron Cuts, possibly a fat burner though I don't like feeling stimed out all day long?
how about a stim free fat burner like tt-33....you won't have that stim'd out feeling all day long, could also add in some low stim products along the way if need be

H

HollingW

Awards

So I'll tell you what my diet looks like today (which is what I pretty much do everyday)

Meal 1: 6 egg whites, 1/2 cup of oats, 2 pieces of turkey bacon
Meal 2: 25 G of Protein, and a banana
Meal 3: Tuna Steak, 1/2 Cup of green beans, 1/4 cup of Kidney beans. (both low sodium)
Meal 4: 25 G of Protein, Apple
Meal 5: 6 oz lean chicken, 1 cup of brocolli, 1/2 cup brown rice

I usually Workout between Meal 4 and 5, after work. I know I could probably benefit from some cardio first thing in the morning.

H

HollingW

Awards
how about a stim free fat burner like tt-33....you won't have that stim'd out feeling all day long, could also add in some low stim products along the way if need be
Ya I have seen people mentioned TT-33 in a good bit of other posts, so i might try giving a non-stim fat burner a try. But I would gladly trade feeling stim'd out everyday for awhile for some amazing results. I just want to make sure I keep putting on some muscle like I have been, but I know its hard with the calorie deficit diet I have, though it has been working good for the most part, except for lately.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So just doing some quick input into MyFitnessPal, you're eating about 1600kcal/day; 27g fat, 92g net carbs, 216g protein.

The only thing I personally think you're hitting is protein, and *maybe* carbs, if that's an off day. I think your fat and overall calories are pretty low, though. Your BMR is likely closer to 2000kcal/day, and that doesn't account for exercise.

Honestly, I'd try eating about 40 extra grams of fat/day, and increase your training day carbs by about 50. You're dragging in the weight room because you're not eating enough, and you're probably not losing because your metabolism has stalled.

IMHO.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All of that is assuming you want to just recomp. It's a fine line to walk, but it can be done with attention to diet detail.

H

HollingW

Awards
All of that is assuming you want to just recomp. It's a fine line to walk, but it can be done with attention to diet detail.
Ya I forgot to add I do take 2 more scoops of Casein protein at night, which ups my calories, but Yes lately my fat intake has been really low since I have been trying to eat as lean as possible, which is for sure my main goal, but I love putting on strength/muscle with that, which is why I say Recomp. I guess I'm currently doing what some people say is impossible which is basically cutting while trying to build muscle. And most people say pick one or the other for best results, but oh well. I just have really been focused on getting any and all fat off that, but have actually gained strength in the weight room and muscle size while doing so (and am now addicted to it, haha). Until recently, which is my frustration. I see your point about the metabolism though. Thanks

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fat doesn't make you fat, dude. Don't be afraid of it. Eat those calories back via whole eggs, red meat, avocado, nuts, natty pb, etc.

When you neglect or try to regulate one macro out of relationship to the others, your body will fight you on it.

This is why supplements won't answer your recomp question...you need to create balance within your nutrition first.

Good luck.

H

HollingW

Awards
So I for sure need to up my calories some, and add some extra carbs around my workouts...Might add in a night time recovery supplement like Lights out, any thoughts on lights out, or are there any better ones? Looks like it is supposed to raise natural HGH levels and boost daily performance? I know a lot of people say the results from OTC just arent good enough, should I start thinking about other options, or maybe test out a few stronger supplements first for leaning out and gaining muscle and see how it goes.

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
OP Im 22 and USPLabs prime is working for me. Maybe because i messed up my test levels by taking Extenze at 17

H

HollingW

Awards
Fat doesn't make you fat, dude. Don't be afraid of it. Eat those calories back via whole eggs, red meat, avocado, nuts, natty pb, etc.

When you neglect or try to regulate one macro out of relationship to the others, your body will fight you on it.

This is why supplements won't answer your recomp question...you need to create balance within your nutrition first.

Good luck.
Thanks for the Help man, My personal MyFitnessPal is saying my net should be 1,470 calories, should I up this number?

H

HollingW

Awards
OP Im 22 and USPLabs prime is working for me. Maybe because i messed up my test levels by taking Extenze at 17
Nice, I somewhat glanced at Prime but I didn't think the reviews looked great, what are your results from it while at a deficit? Has anyone else used this product before?

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Completely right, I personally don't think my diet is perfect, and I am currently working on tracking every gram that I put in, as best as possible. High protein, low fat, 5 meals a day, but I have been going low carb for awhile now, and It is definetly hurting the energy in the weightroom.
Low fat :eek:

So just doing some quick input into MyFitnessPal, you're eating about 1600kcal/day; 27g fat, 92g net carbs, 216g protein. The only thing I personally think you're hitting is protein, and *maybe* carbs, if that's an off day. I think your fat and overall calories are pretty low, though. Your BMR is likely closer to 2000kcal/day, and that doesn't account for exercise. Honestly, I'd try eating about 40 extra grams of fat/day, and increase your training day carbs by about 50. You're dragging in the weight room because you're not eating enough, and you're probably not losing because your metabolism has stalled. IMHO.
Agree here as well bud.

Thanks for the Help man, My personal MyFitnessPal is saying my net should be 1,470 calories, should I up this number?
Way too low. Use MFP for tracking purposes only do not follow their recommendations.

You should figure out your maintenance cals eat those until weight stabilizes then adjust down slowly.

You should be eating as much as possible while still dropping fat. 1450 cals is middle of the road for an active female.

Try a simple 40/40/20 split or something like it and adjust from there. Nutrient timing is huge as well as meeting your micronutrient goals along with macros.

H

HollingW

Awards
Low fat :eek:

Agree here as well bud.

Way too low. Use MFP for tracking purposes only do not follow their recommendations.

You should figure out your maintenance cals eat those until weight stabilizes then adjust down slowly.

You should be eating as much as possible while still dropping fat. 1450 cals is middle of the road for an active female.

Try a simple 40/40/20 split or something like it and adjust from there. Nutrient timing is huge as well as meeting your micronutrient goals along with macros.
Ya thanks for the reply. MY diet innitially I took in more calories, but after getting frusrated lately with pleatuing, I fugured since my body fat/ size had dropped that I needed less calories now, and I guess I went overboard and probably stalled my metabolism, luckily I have only been going this low on calories for a couple weeks. So im thinking as long as im still doing intense cardio, use a 2000 calorie a day diet, 5 meals a day, macros looking like 40/40/20, and go from there, does that sound good from a diet perspective? buring like 400 calories a session, and keeping my workouts in the gym intense. This should help me get back on track. I just want to make sure my stregnth keeps going up in the weight room, aka build more muscle, which is why I was seeing if anyone had some advice on some extra supplements out there to add to what im already taking to get that extra edge to take my body to the next level?

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Were I in your shoes, here's what I would do;

Training Days
225g protein
130g carbs, 50-60g pre/during/post workout
70g fat

Non Training
225g p
70-80g net carbs
70g fat

100 minutes/week LISS cardio. Do 5x20, 4x25, whatever.

Don't count calories, don't figure veggies into your macro count.

That's just my opinion, but I think you'll feel better and see better results.

H

HollingW

Awards
Were I in your shoes, here's what I would do;

Training Days
225g protein
130g carbs, 50-60g pre/during/post workout
70g fat

Non Training
225g p
70-80g net carbs
70g fat

100 minutes/week LISS cardio. Do 5x20, 4x25, whatever.

Don't count calories, don't figure veggies into your macro count.

That's just my opinion, but I think you'll feel better and see better results.
Thanks man, so basically cycle my carbs based around my workout, up my fat (a lot from what it is), and go to around 1 g per lb for protein. I will say I have been doing HIIT Cardio on some days and moderate cardio on the others. about 30 min each