I NEED SOME ADVICE/ SUPP HELP! PLEASE! RECOMP??

  1. New Member
    HollingW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    44
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    49.21%

    Question I NEED SOME ADVICE/ SUPP HELP! PLEASE! RECOMP??


    Okay so I'm 23 years old. Used to work out everyday in high school while playing 3 different sports. Then went off to college and put on 40 lbs, (drinking, eating and not exercising). After college, I completely changed my diet, stating working out again and hit the cardio hard. I have now lost the 40 lbs, and even put on a little extra muscle. The last couple months I am also hitting the weights hard again and loving it, can't believe I ever stopped. Im 6'1 and 200 lbs now, I dont know what body fat % I'm at exactly, (I think about 16%), but I want to get down to at least 10% body fat, but I want to continue to gain some muscle/strength at the same time. I'm also starting to see some loose skin, which is pissing me off. My diet is in check and my workouts are still intense as ever in the gym. EXTREMELY serious about what i'm doing in the gym. I wanted to see if anyone had some advice on some extra supplements I could add to take everything TO THE NEXT LEVEL. However I do want to keep it "OTC," for now at least?. Any advice is very much appreciated as I have been somewhat plateauing latley, and getting extremely frustrated.

    I currently am taking Preworkout (Pump HD/ or C4)
    Creatine (Con-Cret)
    BCAA(Extend)
    Arginine
    CLA
    Multi- vitamin
    Fish oil and obviously Protein (Iso-100)

    I have always been somewhat skeptical about test boosters or PH, because I have heard they won't help me much at my age. I don't know. Probably don't want to add too many more stims since I like taking pre-workout? All I know is, I'm really getting frustrated. So much info out there, hard to choose from.

    THANKS

  2. Elite Member
    Young Gotti's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,444
    Rep Power
    1292453
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    69.18%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    drop the the arginine and grab some bulk agmatine

    for someone your age who doesn't want a test booster....how about something like lights out, you have most of your staples covered, add in some extra restful sleep and recovery should increase and really help
  3. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Rep Power
    532239
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    47.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    About 98% of the time someone thinks their diet is "in check", it's not.

    I guarantee there are a litany of changes that could be made to diet to get you from 16% down to 10%. You've just barely even ventured into the area code of lean.

    I'm sure you'll disregard this, but I bet if you posted an exact breakdown of a day's diet, there will be plenty of places to make changes.

    You can't out-supplement a shítty diet.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    HollingW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    44
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    49.21%

    Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    drop the the arginine and grab some bulk agmatine

    for someone your age who doesn't want a test booster....how about something like lights out, you have most of your staples covered, add in some extra restful sleep and recovery should increase and really help
    Thanks for the reply! Ya I think my recovery could improve, I workout 6 times a week now, but thats b/c I feel like my muscles actually do recover fairly quickly, and I'm still trying to cut. Also its not that I dont want a Test booster, its just that I have been told it wouldnt do much for me at 23 years old?
  5. New Member
    HollingW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    44
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    49.21%

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    About 98% of the time someone thinks their diet is "in check", it's not.

    I guarantee there are a litany of changes that could be made to diet to get you from 16% down to 10%. You've just barely even ventured into the area code of lean.

    I'm sure you'll disregard this, but I bet if you posted an exact breakdown of a day's diet, there will be plenty of places to make changes.

    You can't out-supplement a shítty diet.
    Completely right, I personally don't think my diet is perfect, and I am currently working on tracking every gram that I put in, as best as possible. High protein, low fat, 5 meals a day, but I have been going low carb for awhile now, and It is definetly hurting the energy in the weightroom.
  6. Elite Member
    Young Gotti's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,444
    Rep Power
    1292453
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    69.18%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by HollingW View Post
    Thanks for the reply! Ya I think my recovery could improve, I workout 6 times a week now, but thats b/c I feel like my muscles actually do recover fairly quickly, and I'm still trying to cut. Also its not that I dont want a Test booster, its just that I have been told it wouldnt do much for me at 23 years old?
    at your age you may not see any huge benefits from a test booster, your test should be high enough on it's own right now....you could dabble with boosters and see results too though so it's really up to you
  7. New Member
    HollingW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    44
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    49.21%

    I guess my goals are pretty much the same as what everyone usually wants. To get shredded and as lean as possible with as much muscle as possible. I have been looking at and researching Alphamax, Erase Pro, Iron Cuts, possibly a fat burner though I don't like feeling stimed out all day long?
  8. Elite Member
    Young Gotti's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,444
    Rep Power
    1292453
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    69.18%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by HollingW View Post
    I guess my goals are pretty much the same as what everyone usually wants. To get shredded and as lean as possible with as much muscle as possible. I have been looking at and researching Alphamax, Erase Pro, Iron Cuts, possibly a fat burner though I don't like feeling stimed out all day long?
    how about a stim free fat burner like tt-33....you won't have that stim'd out feeling all day long, could also add in some low stim products along the way if need be
  9. New Member
    HollingW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    44
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    49.21%

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    About 98% of the time someone thinks their diet is "in check", it's not.

    I guarantee there are a litany of changes that could be made to diet to get you from 16% down to 10%. You've just barely even ventured into the area code of lean.

    I'm sure you'll disregard this, but I bet if you posted an exact breakdown of a day's diet, there will be plenty of places to make changes.

    You can't out-supplement a shítty diet.
    So I'll tell you what my diet looks like today (which is what I pretty much do everyday)

    Meal 1: 6 egg whites, 1/2 cup of oats, 2 pieces of turkey bacon
    Meal 2: 25 G of Protein, and a banana
    Meal 3: Tuna Steak, 1/2 Cup of green beans, 1/4 cup of Kidney beans. (both low sodium)
    Meal 4: 25 G of Protein, Apple
    Meal 5: 6 oz lean chicken, 1 cup of brocolli, 1/2 cup brown rice

    I usually Workout between Meal 4 and 5, after work. I know I could probably benefit from some cardio first thing in the morning.
  10. New Member
    HollingW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    44
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    49.21%

    Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    how about a stim free fat burner like tt-33....you won't have that stim'd out feeling all day long, could also add in some low stim products along the way if need be
    Ya I have seen people mentioned TT-33 in a good bit of other posts, so i might try giving a non-stim fat burner a try. But I would gladly trade feeling stim'd out everyday for awhile for some amazing results. I just want to make sure I keep putting on some muscle like I have been, but I know its hard with the calorie deficit diet I have, though it has been working good for the most part, except for lately.
  11. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Rep Power
    532239
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    47.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    So just doing some quick input into MyFitnessPal, you're eating about 1600kcal/day; 27g fat, 92g net carbs, 216g protein.

    The only thing I personally think you're hitting is protein, and *maybe* carbs, if that's an off day. I think your fat and overall calories are pretty low, though. Your BMR is likely closer to 2000kcal/day, and that doesn't account for exercise.

    Honestly, I'd try eating about 40 extra grams of fat/day, and increase your training day carbs by about 50. You're dragging in the weight room because you're not eating enough, and you're probably not losing because your metabolism has stalled.

    IMHO.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  12. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Rep Power
    532239
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    47.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    All of that is assuming you want to just recomp. It's a fine line to walk, but it can be done with attention to diet detail.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  13. New Member
    HollingW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    44
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    49.21%

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    All of that is assuming you want to just recomp. It's a fine line to walk, but it can be done with attention to diet detail.
    Ya I forgot to add I do take 2 more scoops of Casein protein at night, which ups my calories, but Yes lately my fat intake has been really low since I have been trying to eat as lean as possible, which is for sure my main goal, but I love putting on strength/muscle with that, which is why I say Recomp. I guess I'm currently doing what some people say is impossible which is basically cutting while trying to build muscle. And most people say pick one or the other for best results, but oh well. I just have really been focused on getting any and all fat off that, but have actually gained strength in the weight room and muscle size while doing so (and am now addicted to it, haha). Until recently, which is my frustration. I see your point about the metabolism though. Thanks
  14. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Rep Power
    532239
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    47.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Fat doesn't make you fat, dude. Don't be afraid of it. Eat those calories back via whole eggs, red meat, avocado, nuts, natty pb, etc.

    When you neglect or try to regulate one macro out of relationship to the others, your body will fight you on it.

    This is why supplements won't answer your recomp question...you need to create balance within your nutrition first.

    Good luck.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  15. New Member
    HollingW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    44
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    49.21%

    So I for sure need to up my calories some, and add some extra carbs around my workouts...Might add in a night time recovery supplement like Lights out, any thoughts on lights out, or are there any better ones? Looks like it is supposed to raise natural HGH levels and boost daily performance? I know a lot of people say the results from OTC just arent good enough, should I start thinking about other options, or maybe test out a few stronger supplements first for leaning out and gaining muscle and see how it goes.
  16. New Member
    Sprinterguy4's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    484
    Rep Power
    423490
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    55.87%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    OP Im 22 and USPLabs prime is working for me. Maybe because i messed up my test levels by taking Extenze at 17
  17. New Member
    HollingW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    44
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    49.21%

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Fat doesn't make you fat, dude. Don't be afraid of it. Eat those calories back via whole eggs, red meat, avocado, nuts, natty pb, etc.

    When you neglect or try to regulate one macro out of relationship to the others, your body will fight you on it.

    This is why supplements won't answer your recomp question...you need to create balance within your nutrition first.

    Good luck.
    Thanks for the Help man, My personal MyFitnessPal is saying my net should be 1,470 calories, should I up this number?
  18. New Member
    HollingW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    44
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    49.21%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinterguy4 View Post
    OP Im 22 and USPLabs prime is working for me. Maybe because i messed up my test levels by taking Extenze at 17
    Nice, I somewhat glanced at Prime but I didn't think the reviews looked great, what are your results from it while at a deficit? Has anyone else used this product before?
  19. Professional Member
    bean5er's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,731
    Rep Power
    4035232
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    19.44%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by HollingW View Post
    Completely right, I personally don't think my diet is perfect, and I am currently working on tracking every gram that I put in, as best as possible. High protein, low fat, 5 meals a day, but I have been going low carb for awhile now, and It is definetly hurting the energy in the weightroom.
    Low fat

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    So just doing some quick input into MyFitnessPal, you're eating about 1600kcal/day; 27g fat, 92g net carbs, 216g protein. The only thing I personally think you're hitting is protein, and *maybe* carbs, if that's an off day. I think your fat and overall calories are pretty low, though. Your BMR is likely closer to 2000kcal/day, and that doesn't account for exercise. Honestly, I'd try eating about 40 extra grams of fat/day, and increase your training day carbs by about 50. You're dragging in the weight room because you're not eating enough, and you're probably not losing because your metabolism has stalled. IMHO.
    Agree here as well bud.

    Quote Originally Posted by HollingW View Post
    Thanks for the Help man, My personal MyFitnessPal is saying my net should be 1,470 calories, should I up this number?
    Way too low. Use MFP for tracking purposes only do not follow their recommendations.

    You should figure out your maintenance cals eat those until weight stabilizes then adjust down slowly.

    You should be eating as much as possible while still dropping fat. 1450 cals is middle of the road for an active female.

    Try a simple 40/40/20 split or something like it and adjust from there. Nutrient timing is huge as well as meeting your micronutrient goals along with macros.
    Independent
  20. New Member
    HollingW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    44
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    49.21%

    Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Low fat



    Agree here as well bud.



    Way too low. Use MFP for tracking purposes only do not follow their recommendations.

    You should figure out your maintenance cals eat those until weight stabilizes then adjust down slowly.

    You should be eating as much as possible while still dropping fat. 1450 cals is middle of the road for an active female.

    Try a simple 40/40/20 split or something like it and adjust from there. Nutrient timing is huge as well as meeting your micronutrient goals along with macros.
    Ya thanks for the reply. MY diet innitially I took in more calories, but after getting frusrated lately with pleatuing, I fugured since my body fat/ size had dropped that I needed less calories now, and I guess I went overboard and probably stalled my metabolism, luckily I have only been going this low on calories for a couple weeks. So im thinking as long as im still doing intense cardio, use a 2000 calorie a day diet, 5 meals a day, macros looking like 40/40/20, and go from there, does that sound good from a diet perspective? buring like 400 calories a session, and keeping my workouts in the gym intense. This should help me get back on track. I just want to make sure my stregnth keeps going up in the weight room, aka build more muscle, which is why I was seeing if anyone had some advice on some extra supplements out there to add to what im already taking to get that extra edge to take my body to the next level?
  21. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Rep Power
    532239
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    47.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Were I in your shoes, here's what I would do;

    Training Days
    225g protein
    130g carbs, 50-60g pre/during/post workout
    70g fat

    Non Training
    225g p
    70-80g net carbs
    70g fat

    100 minutes/week LISS cardio. Do 5x20, 4x25, whatever.

    Don't count calories, don't figure veggies into your macro count.

    That's just my opinion, but I think you'll feel better and see better results.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  22. New Member
    HollingW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    44
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    49.21%

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Were I in your shoes, here's what I would do;

    Training Days
    225g protein
    130g carbs, 50-60g pre/during/post workout
    70g fat

    Non Training
    225g p
    70-80g net carbs
    70g fat

    100 minutes/week LISS cardio. Do 5x20, 4x25, whatever.

    Don't count calories, don't figure veggies into your macro count.

    That's just my opinion, but I think you'll feel better and see better results.
    Thanks man, so basically cycle my carbs based around my workout, up my fat (a lot from what it is), and go to around 1 g per lb for protein. I will say I have been doing HIIT Cardio on some days and moderate cardio on the others. about 30 min each
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-29-2012, 09:58 AM
  2. everybody PLEASE HELP-need some advice
    By bigjoe3636 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 04:51 PM
  3. Need some advice ( Please ) Health related.
    By Stinger124 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2006, 03:01 PM
  4. Supplement Bulk...Need some advice please
    By Jon629 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 01:43 PM
  5. I need some advice to help me reach my goal.
    By tiger74 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 09:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in