ArA stack, do you need GMS?

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So in running ArA do you need GMS? I was thinking about using something I already have, like agmatine + citrilline maltate. I never liked GMS, dosing it above 2g gave me really bad stomach ache/pain so i want to stray away from it. Would it be okay to substitute GMS for agmatine +CM?

Also would this dosing work:

Morning
multi

PreWorkout
1.5g ArA
2g alcar
1000mg agmatine + 6g of CM
200mg caffeine

6-8 hours later - fish oil

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I barely use the recommended dose of GMS in my ArA stack (it's whatever is in 1 scoop of Hemavol, which isn't very much) and I'm noticing pretty good strength gains. I do use the full dosage of ALCAR though.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You can't "substitute" GMS with Agmatine or Cit. Mal. GMS is used with ArA for emulsification purposes. Although GMS does elicit pumps like Agmatine and Cit. Mal (albeit, in a non NO-dependent manner), this isn't the purpose of supplementing GMS with ArA.

That being said, GMS isn't necessary with ArA. It may enhance ArA, but it's not an absolute need or anything along those lines.

I_Eat_Iron

I_Eat_Iron

Awards
So in running ArA do you need GMS? I was thinking about using something I already have, like agmatine + citrilline maltate. I never liked GMS, dosing it above 2g gave me really bad stomach ache/pain so i want to stray away from it. Would it be okay to substitute GMS for agmatine +CM?

Also would this dosing work:

Morning
multi

PreWorkout
1.5g ArA
2g alcar
1000mg agmatine + 6g of CM
200mg caffeine

6-8 hours later - fish oil
I believe the reason behind gms is for emulsification purposes. It could make the ara more effective. Cm and agmatine wouldn't carry the same benefit but I may be wrong about that.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
how long can i run it for? ive seen no more than 50 days, but then i see people logging it for 15+ weeks
I've only seen people run for 50 workout days or less.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how long can i run it for? ive seen no more than 50 days, but then i see people logging it for 15+ weeks
You can run it for long periods of time, but the recommended cycle is traditionally 50 workouts (if you are taking it preworkout only, which you should be).

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If using on an empty stomach, then I'd recommend GMS. If taking with a meal, you don't.

Emulsification is the reason why fish oil and most fatty acid supplements (X-Factor/ArA falls under this) are recommended to be taken with a meal. What I personally like to do is take my X-Factor with either High Volume + an added scoop of Glycergrow or take it with 2 scoops of Ultra Peptide 2.0 (which provides protein and fats) if I am running behind a bit on calories for the day or my meal timing wasnt ideal.

As youre asking for advice, Im guessing you havent bought your ArA yet which is perfect as NP has it on sale for under $30

http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/molecular-nutrition/

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
ARA with some Hemavol and Compete give you everything you need: GMS, Cit-Mal, Agmatine, and Carnitine. If you intend to run this for a long duration you may want to look at Joint Help as well. I love ARA but it definitely reacts poorly with my elbow tendonitis (pre-existing), the good news is that Joint Force + Joint Help seem to keep that at bay relatively well.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol reps running wild! I already bought xgels and alcar. I'm not going to bother with hemavol since its gms content is negligible.

Thanks for the replys fellas. Time to get swolen... Literally

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Lol reps running wild! I already bought xgels and alcar. I'm not going to bother with hemavol since its gms content is negligible.

Thanks for the replys fellas. Time to get swolen... Literally
Definitely wont get you the 6g recommended dose.

MrPoop

MrPoop

Awards
IMO You really do not need it, I've used it and it did not make any difference at all except in the mind through placebo effects.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
IMO You really do not need it, I've used it and it did not make any difference at all except in the mind through placebo effects.
I think its role is more than placebo. Neuron posted in depth about how beneficial it is

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I think its role is more than placebo. Neuron posted in depth about how beneficial it is
Exactly... although it does elicit some noticeable pumps, that's not why people use GMS with ArA.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AS GMS is too cheap not to grab some to run alongside ArA.

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
Hundreds of people have used ArA without GMS and have had success. It is beneficial but not necessary.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hundreds of people have used ArA without GMS and have had success. It is beneficial but not necessary.
I agree, it wont prevent it from working by not having it; but i like to get the absolute most out of everything.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Car say I've ever notice a difference either. I still tecommend it cause science though

And gms is cheap, I figure why not. I like it on its own, just haven't seen it personally amplify my ArA experience, but def adds to skin tearing pumps

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My phone blows.

Can't*

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you ran ArA twice? One with gms one without?

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The only issue is still it kills my stomach

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree, it wont prevent it from working by not having it; but i like to get the absolute most out of everything.
With the price of ara being high, and the price of gms being low.. if you are going to shell the cash for ara, do it the best!

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
Have you ran ArA twice? One with gms one without?
I've been run numerous cycles of X-Factor since it's come out. The last 2 cycles with GMS. Can't really say I notice a difference but like everyone says GMS is cheap so might as well.

CaptainSlentz

CaptainSlentz

Awards
As others have said its not necessary but its dirt cheap so why not optimize your run with it.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Car say I've ever notice a difference either. I still tecommend it cause science though

And gms is cheap, I figure why not. I like it on its own, just haven't seen it personally amplify my ArA experience, but def adds to skin tearing pumps
Completely agreed from my experience as well.

X-Factor rocks without the now typical stackers, but with LCLT and GMS having scientific backing regarding synergy and are both affordable, I figure why not.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Darn, you guys are gonna make me pull the trigger on ArA real soon.......

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I bought some glycergrow for funsies and time to own it

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I bought some glycergrow for funsies and time to own it
Glycergrow plus anything PWO wise is ridiculously good. You'll blow up for sure in the gym...but eventually you'll lose some of that water swelling when you get home. Really fills you out though when you take it and drink enough water!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Glycergrow plus anything PWO wise is ridiculously good. You'll blow up for sure in the gym...but eventually you'll lose some of that water swelling when you get home. Really fills you out though when you take it and drink enough water!
Exactly this. Always best to ensure you're drinking in plenty of water when using GMS.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Darn, you guys are gonna make me pull the trigger on ArA real soon.......
No better time than now, X-Factor for under $30 isnt going to last forever!

http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/molecular-nutrition/

Agreed, GMS is awesome for temporary fullness during a workout.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMO yes, it is. If you can afford Ara, you can afford gms quite easily.

Mike

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chunkx

Chunkx

Awards
You can't "substitute" GMS with Agmatine or Cit. Mal. GMS is used with ArA for emulsification purposes. Although GMS does elicit pumps like Agmatine and Cit. Mal (albeit, in a non NO-dependent manner), this isn't the purpose of supplementing GMS with ArA.

That being said, GMS isn't necessary with ArA. It may enhance ArA, but it's not an absolute need or anything along those lines.
I actually get better pumps with GMS than agmatine orcitrulline.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I actually get better pumps with GMS than agmatine orcitrulline.
I was just noting that the purpose of GMS isn't for the pumps, therefore you couldn't just substitute with Agmatine or Citrulline.

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
Just do 3 scoops of high volume like me with 2 grams of ara, the pumps are pretty ridiculous.

CaptainSlentz

CaptainSlentz

Awards
Judt do 3 scoops of high volume like me with 2 grams of ara, the pumps are pretty ridiculous.
Thats what ive been doing as of late. Solid combo. Almost out of the high volume though so will be switching back to my magical never ending tub of glycergrow

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
Thats what ive been doing as of late. Solid combo. Almost out of the high volume though so will be switching back to my magical never ending tub of glycergrow
Thats funny, I only have a couple workouts left worth of High Volume, then i too will go back to my never-ending Glycergrow ive had for 3 years, i think it finally expires next month LOL

Chunkx

Chunkx

Awards
I was just noting that the purpose of GMS isn't for the pumps, therefore you couldn't just substitute with Agmatine or Citrulline.
I know. I was just making a statement. I wasnt trying to discredit your post, I know better than to do that ;)