Best Tasting Whey

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Morning All,

Trying to find a good protein powder for my wife.

Both of us are lactose intolerant. I personally use Dymatize and ON but wife doesn't like their flavors.

Suggestions??

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I guess you'd like isolates the most. I'm using SAN Titanium Isolate (Vanilla) and it tastes good to me. I hear VPX SRO has good reviews too for their graham cracker flavor.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
My favorite tasting is Isotean Chocolate

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Believe the hype, lol. PES Select protein is good for lactose intolerant individuals, tested via my wife, and really is delicious. On sale right now as well.

Otherwise an isolate with good reviews, a lot if isolates miss on flavouring. Isotean is worth looking at, haven't used it myself but their Protean line was A+ on taste

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Syntrax Nectar is a whey isolate and taste very good. It exist in several flavor including fruity ones.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Look into Isolate or even something like SAN RawFusion?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Dymatize by far has been one of the least expensive and best tasting I have had since Syntrax. The banana nut one makes awesome pancakes.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dymatize is awesome!

have you tried making a real shake for her out of the protein you use? For my gf, this is what i do..it helps mask the powder taste (although i like it)

skim milk (or almond milk, whatever), yogurt (plain), ice, fruits, protein.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
isotean vanilla dream...yum, in my experience a lot of isolate products seem to be very thin and don't add much taste, i did like isotean because it had a stronger flavor than most

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thx guys. Its a gamble. Any reps out there have any sample packs U might request?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd give Isotean a look; solid profile with 30g of true Whey Protein and solid flavors; tons of great positive reviews all over.

Mike

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
PES Select and Cellucor Cor Whey both clock in at under 1 gram lactose per serving and taste great

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
PES Select and Cellucor Cor Whey both clock in at under 1 gram lactose per serving and taste great
For the lactose intolerant, can we add lacatase enzymes to it to help?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Move lol?
Lol. It's pretty good here.

I am however making a trip to USA one I'm finished law school so hopefully start of 2015.
Can't wait.

I will try and catch up with you gentleman

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Therefore, lactose intolerant issues shouldn't be too prevalent with Select I would assume.
Correct again, my lactose intolerant wife gave it the thumbs up

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Any protein from Prescription Nutrition.

Blueberry Muffin, Gourmet chocolate, and cinabun are amazing.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any protein from Prescription Nutrition.

Blueberry Muffin, Gourmet chocolate, and cinabun are amazing.
Never heard of them.

Although, blueberry muffin is definitely a flavor I want in protein.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Never heard of them.

Although, blueberry muffin is definitely a flavor I want in protein.
Best protein line I have ever used. It is top quality and used by a ton of top pro IFBB bodybuilders, worlds strongest men, Powerlifters, MMA, etc..

It competes with TN, Team Skip and Trutein which are also top brands. The average lifter won't know or care about quality of protein until competition time comes and then you want and need the best quality you can get. Funny thing is, they are less expensive then the bigger name companies.

I wont disrespect the forum, PM me if you want a link. They sell it by the pound, so you can get 1 lb, or 1000 at once..You don't have to buy 2 or 5lb or 10lb containers only like most brands.

This is my exact shake I drink 3 of these per day.

24 oz whole milk
1 or 1.5 scoops Problend Blueberry Muffin protein by Prescription Nutrition
2 tbsps peanut butter (low fat)
1/2 cup of raw oats
6 ice cubes
1 banana
1 dannon yogurt (strawberry banana)

Blend on high for 45 seconds..Try this flavor and brand and you will never use anything else!!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best protein line I have ever used. It is top quality and used by a ton of top pro IFBB bodybuilders, worlds strongest men, Powerlifters, MMA, etc..

It competes with TN, Team Skip and Trutein which are also top brands. The average lifter won't know or care about quality of protein until competition time comes and then you want and need the best quality you can get. Funny thing is, they are less expensive then the bigger name companies.

I wont disrespect the forum, PM me if you want a link. They sell it by the pound, so you can get 1 lb, or 1000 at once..You don't have to buy 2 or 5lb or 10lb containers only like most brands.

This is my exact shake I drink 3 of these per day.

24 oz whole milk
1 or 1.5 scoops Problend Blueberry Muffin protein by Prescription Nutrition
2 tbsps peanut butter (low fat)
1/2 cup of raw oats
6 ice cubes
1 banana
1 dannon yogurt (strawberry banana)

Blend on high for 45 seconds..Try this flavor and brand and you will never use anything else!!
I looked at the website.

I didn't see anything that really blew me away (and the name is suspect). Which pro Strongmen do you know who use it? I only ask because all the ones I know use ON or MHP (which certainly aren't the top brands in the industry IMO)

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I looked at the website.

I didn't see anything that really blew me away (and the name is suspect). Which pro Strongmen do you know who use it? I only ask because all the ones I know use ON or MHP (which certainly aren't the top brands in the industry IMO)

What does this even mean the "name is suspect"? Doesn't make sense. Plain and simple. I get nothing out of suggesting a good product to the forum..I gave 3 other brands, are those "suspect" as well?? you either try it or you don't!! I for one don't give two ****s..I'm simply trying to help.

The site and company is very simple labels and website. Doesn't matter. Stuff is amazing and I personally won't use anything else. You want a fancy label and fancy website with a POS product, then buy MusclePharm or another brand.

I assure you several LW and HW pros use it. I would never put any athletes name out there with any product or supplement they are using,its not my place to do that, but you may find it interesting that I am employed by WSM for US shows as an event coordinator. So I am not some kid talking out of my ass.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What does this even mean the "name is suspect"? Doesn't make sense. Plain and simple. I get nothing out of suggesting a good product to the forum..I gave 3 other brands, are those "suspect" as well?? you either try it or you don't!! I for one don't give two ****s..I'm simply trying to help.

The site and company is very simple labels and website. Doesn't matter. Stuff is amazing and I personally won't use anything else. You want a fancy label and fancy website with a POS product, then buy MusclePharm or another brand.

I assure you several LW and HW pros use it. I would never put any athletes name out there with any product or supplement they are using,its not my place to do that, but you may find it interesting that I am employed by WSM for US shows as an event coordinator. So I am not some kid talking out of my ass.
Why are you getting offended by me asking questions about a brand I'm unfamiliar with? It means that the name sounds like it's trying to prey on newer lifters by correlating their products to prescription drugs (steroids).

Why is this product better than PES Select or USP Oxy Elite Protein? Both of these are high quality blends with good flavoring, so what makes this brand better (I didn't see anything special, and am not a big fan of the isolate instead of WPC in the blend).

Well, on the same note then I can assure you that several LW and HW pros do not use it. But, more importantly, why does what they use make it a better product just because they use it? Most of those guys are not well versed in the science of supplementation so using what they use doesn't mean you're using the best product out there.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This is why I try not to help inexperienced athletes on these forums, because you just don't get it.

You are offensive because you are stating my suggestion is "suspect". And the name?? Seriously? Then I guess Angel Dust by Blackstone labs is attempting to lure
lifters into recreational drug use. Again, makes no sense.

I won't explain why a quality protein or supplement differs from one to another,or why the quality of a supplement one brand to another matters.

Saying several LW and HW pros don't use it is retarded. There are hundreds or thousands of athletes with different choices. If there are dozens of pro athletes who choose to use a small name company product, there is a reason, because it is good. Like I said, you don't like the blends, colors of packaging, flavors, don't use them!!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This is why I try not to help inexperienced athletes on these forums, because you just don't get it. You are offensive because you are stating my suggestion is "suspect". And the name?? Seriously? Then I guess Angel Dust by Blackstone labs is attempting to lure lifters into recreational drug use. Again, makes no sense. I won't explain why a quality protein or supplement differs from one to another,or why the quality of a supplement one brand to another matters. Saying several LW and HW pros don't use it is retarded. There are hundreds or thousands of athletes with different choices. If there are dozens of pro athletes who choose to use a small name company product, there is a reason, because it is good. Like I said, you don't like the blends, colors of packaging, flavors, don't use them!!
All we're saying is that the protein powder you choose is irrelevant to body composition goals when given a similar macronutrient profile. Do you truly believe that 30g of your powder is superior to 30g of my powder given the type of powder (isolate, casein, etc) and macronutrient profile is the same?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is why I try not to help inexperienced athletes on these forums, because you just don't get it.

You are offensive because you are stating my suggestion is "suspect". And the name?? Seriously? Then I guess Angel Dust by Blackstone labs is attempting to lure
lifters into recreational drug use. Again, makes no sense.

I won't explain why a quality protein or supplement differs from one to another,or why the quality of a supplement one brand to another matters.

Saying several LW and HW pros don't use it is retarded. There are hundreds or thousands of athletes with different choices. If there are dozens of pro athletes who choose to use a small name company product, there is a reason, because it is good. Like I said, you don't like the blends, colors of packaging, flavors, don't use them!!
On the same note, saying that several pros do use it is retarded for the same reasons. I do like blends, which is why I asked because typically WPC-80 and MPI is what I believe to be better protein sources for blends based upon the science that I've seen.

I never said the product was suspect, and I didn't claim that there was anything wrong with it (just that the name sounds suspect). I just asked questions because I would like to know whats better about their product so I can decide whether or not to change what I use.

If you won't (or more likely, can't) explain why your suggestion is better than other products then why should anyone use it when there are other options on the market that can be explained and have scientific backing behind the formulas?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, I think you are mistaking what I was referring to when I said I looked at the website and didn't see anything that blew me away.

I was not referring to web design or product labeling, I was referring to the supplement facts on the ProBlend product (and a few of the other ones I looked at, because, again, I am under the impression that MPI and WPC-80 are superior forms of protein).

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
On the same note, saying that several pros do use it is retarded for the same reasons. I do like blends, which is why I asked because typically WPC-80 and MPI is what I believe to be better protein sources for blends based upon the science that I've seen.

If you won't (or more likely, can't) explain why your suggestion is better than other products then why should anyone use it when there are other options on the market that can be explained and have scientific backing behind the formulas?
It is not my job to explain it to you, regardless that I can.. I am not trying to sell it to you. Had you not offended me, I might take the time to explain. You wanna know, go research it yourself. I am not the bodybuilding.com type of member that you might expect to see here posting some BS medical journal data,scientific studies, etc..Again anyone wants to try it, so be it. You don't, don't. I didn't come here to argue like a child. You are ruining the OP's thread.

^^bump for other options^^

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is not my job to explain it to you, regardless that I can.. I am not trying to sell it to you. Had you not offended me, I might take the time to explain. You wanna know, go research it yourself. I am not the bodybuilding.com type of member that you might expect to see here posting some BS medical journal data,scientific studies, etc..Again anyone wants to try it, so be it. You don't, don't. I didn't come here to argue like a child. You are ruining the OP's thread.

^^bump for other options^^
How did I offend you by asking questions about a product that you "aren't trying to sell me." I said nothing derogatory about you (even though you did that to me) and only asked legitimate questions about a company and product that I'm unfamiliar with.

I have researched it, and what I've seen has shown me that WPC-80 and MPI are better protein sources than WPI and Hydrowhey (for certain purposes).

You're the only one here that's ruining the thread by spouting insults and not answering any questions about a product you like. How will OP know if it's any good if I give my reasoning for not being astounded by its profile and you won't give any reason for why you are?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It is not my job to explain it to you, regardless that I can.. I am not trying to sell it to you. Had you not offended me, I might take the time to explain. You wanna know, go research it yourself. I am not the bodybuilding.com type of member that you might expect to see here posting some BS medical journal data,scientific studies, etc..Again anyone wants to try it, so be it. You don't, don't. I didn't come here to argue like a child. You are ruining the OP's thread. ^^bump for other options^^
We're just looking for an explanation why your suggestion is superior. We don't believe it is - you do believe it is... No one is going to get offended with a debate (obviously the difference between debate and argument).

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Trutein as a top rated supplement product.
Lol......

Oxy Elite, Select, Allmax, Protean are all superior over that company by a large margin.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Lol......

Oxy Elite, Select, Allmax, Protean are all superior over that company by a large margin.
This. Allmax wasn't for me but the other 3 are my top contenders

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol......

Its better than OxyElite protein..that was complete garabage

daft205

daft205

Awards
  • Established
Choco tasted like crap to me
Yep. Ill second that and mixes horrible, too. Was kinda shocked how bad it is with the hype around here. Great profile but terrible mixability and taste.

Reactions: mw1
Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep. Ill second that and mixes horrible, too. Was kinda shocked how bad it is with the h around here
Well, composition wise it looks pretty good. Now I can't talk for its mixability or taste. I never tried it.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Choco tasted like crap to me
Ok, that makes more sense.

I thought you were referring to the formula.

FWIW, my wife loves the chocolate OE Protein. It's one of the few protein powders she'll even drink, along with CnC Select now. (she hated VMS and VCB Protean, Cinnabun Trutein, etc.)

daft205

daft205

Awards
  • Established
Well, composition wise it looks pretty good. Now I can't talk for its mixability or taste. I never tried it.
No you are right- formula is solid, taste is not. Also you basically need a blender to get it smooth and even then it's has that tell tale mpi chalkiness.Also one scoop(only 23g protein) makes 12-16oz milk thick and sludge like. I've been using a pure isolate for years (which I understand isn't necessary superior in terms of muscle growth) and I am use to being able to drop 40-60 of protein into the same amount of milk and have a much thinner, smoother texture(and that's mixed with a spoon), not to mention better tasting.