citrulline malate - all created equally?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. citrulline malate - all created equally?


    Been using bulk citrulline malate

    Was thinking of using a name brand if it had a noticeable improvement.

    What can you tell me?


  2. I've personally found all CM's to not be equal IME. A few noteworthy products would be Allmax's 2:1, Bulk pure Citrulline from Nutrakey, and SNS's 2:1 CM which I am excited to hear is in production again.
    •   
       


  3. In theory they are all equal, but I've had some poor quality CM from other companies before. My SNS cit mal is noticeably better than some of the other sources of cit mal I've used in the past.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by bakerwil View Post
    Been using bulk citrulline malate from healthsupplementwholesalers (1kg for 48$ currently).

    Was thinking of using a name brand if it had a noticeable improvement.

    What can you tell me?
    Some use a 1:1 ratio while others use 2:1 , so yes you could be getting half as much Citrulline in many brands

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Use anabolic05 for 5% off at Lockout supplements


  5. Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Some use a 1:1 ratio while others use 2:1 , so yes you could be getting half as much Citrulline in many brands
    I believe its 1.14g citrulline in a 1:1 ratio and 1.45g citrulline in a 2:1.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Synapsin View Post
    In theory they are all equal, but I've had some poor quality CM from other companies before. My SNS cit mal is noticeably better than some of the other sources of cit mal I've used in the past.
    This. Many companies will blend in over 90% malate. You'll usually notice because it tastes super acidic rather than tart

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Some use a 1:1 ratio while others use 2:1 , so yes you could be getting half as much Citrulline in many brands


    THIS!!
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  8. Quote Originally Posted by B1LL1ST1C View Post
    I believe its 1.14g citrulline in a 1:1 ratio and 1.45g citrulline in a 2:1.
    And a you noted, we use a 2:1.

  9. Always had great results with SNS Citrulline Malate and also use Nutrakey L-Citrulline. Both are great values so I doubt I'll venture elsewhere with my moneys.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  10. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Always had great results with SNS Citrulline Malate and also use Nutrakey L-Citrulline. Both are great values so I doubt I'll venture elsewhere with my moneys.
    I've used Nutrakey as well and it's a solid choice.
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    This. Many companies will blend in over 90% malate. You'll usually notice because it tastes super acidic rather than tart
    Such as who?

    That would certainly be a label compliance issue.
    SNS Representative - DeeB@seriousnutritionsolutions .com

  12. Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    Such as who?

    That would certainly be a label compliance issue.
    Yeah no kidding. I won't name names (duh), but mccandless has made quite a few posts about blending the cit mal. It's analogous to the Betaine nitrate in another product...blending vs bonded

  13. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Yeah no kidding. I won't name names (duh), but mccandless has made quite a few posts about blending the cit mal. It's analogous to the Betaine nitrate in another product...blending vs bonded
    This is basically what I was alluding to as well.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Yeah no kidding. I won't name names (duh), but mccandless has made quite a few posts about blending the cit mal. It's analogous to the Betaine nitrate in another product...blending vs bonded
    would explain why SP CM tastes so acidic lol. First they screw me with the betaine, and now this.

  15. I've had no issues with SNS or Nutrakey.
    SNS Forum Representative | Lift, Laugh, Repeat

  16. woah when did aaron join SNS?

    late to the party, just stick to SNS citmal for now.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by thedarce View Post
    woah when did aaron join SNS?

    late to the party, just stick to SNS citmal for now.
    Few weeks ago.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    I've used Nutrakey as well and it's a solid choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    I've had no issues with SNS or Nutrakey.
    I see a trend with the ones used.

    Haven't used it in awhile though so maybe I need to add some in or toss High Volume back into rotation...
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  19. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I see a trend with the ones used. Haven't used it in awhile though so maybe I need to add some in or toss High Volume back into rotation...
    I feel Citrulline is pretty underrated overall.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post

    I see a trend with the ones used.

    Haven't used it in awhile though so maybe I need to add some in or toss High Volume back into rotation...
    SNS Cit-Mal is the cheapest and Nutrakey was like $15 for 200g of L-Cit so no need to go elsewhere.
    SNS Forum Representative | Lift, Laugh, Repeat

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post
    Does CM give anyone else an excessive amount of gas?
    No, but I also never dose over 6g either. What do you dose it at?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by bakerwil View Post
    Been using bulk citrulline malate

    Was thinking of using a name brand if it had a noticeable improvement.

    What can you tell me?
    Just all depends on the quality of the raws. SNS purposely sources the best raw ingredients so we can maintain quality and customer satisfaction.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  23. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Yeah no kidding. I won't name names (duh), but mccandless has made quite a few posts about blending the cit mal. It's analogous to the Betaine nitrate in another product...blending vs bonded
    I would be interested to see some of these posts. Can you post link to some of them? Or tell us where to look for them?

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    SNS Cit-Mal is the cheapest and Nutrakey was like $15 for 200g of L-Cit so no need to go elsewhere.
    Nutrakey has the best deal. It's the L-citrulline we want not the malate.

    Big concerning as I find SNS stuff bitter as?

  25. Quote Originally Posted by horizons View Post

    Nutrakey has the best deal. It's the L-citrulline we want not the malate.

    Big concerning as I find SNS stuff bitter as?
    You are concerned with the taste?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post

    SNS Cit-Mal is the cheapest and Nutrakey was like $15 for 200g of L-Cit so no need to go elsewhere.
    The place mentioned at the beginning of this thread is the cheapest and best 2:1 around. 47 for a kilo.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by horizons View Post

    Nutrakey has the best deal. It's the L-citrulline we want not the malate.

    Big concerning as I find SNS stuff bitter as?
    Not entirely true.
    SNS Forum Representative | Lift, Laugh, Repeat

  28. I have the option to get some SNS citrulline malate but is expiry date is September 2013. Is it worth it or will it be ineffective?

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Alasel View Post
    I have the option to get some SNS citrulline malate but is expiry date is September 2013. Is it worth it or will it be ineffective?
    Nah, should be good to go...I'm using some of those right now...

  30. Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    Nah, should be good to go...I'm using some of those right now...
    I can get it really cheap, just didn't want to be paying for worthless powder
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 11:13 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 12:28 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 12:17 PM
  4. Are all fish oils created equally?
    By camaroguy18 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-26-2007, 05:54 PM
Log in
Log in