Best & Worst of 2013

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is the best & worst supplement that you have used in 2013?

Best for me was ArA(X-Gels) without a doubt.
Worst for me was PreSurge. All it did was gave me explosive diarrhea

Reactions: mw1
iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stimul8 (And I may be biased, but I'm honest)

Edit: I won't mention my worst as it doesn't really matter and I'm not in to forum wars.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Too many options...

Best: AS forkolin-95 in terms of effectiveness,
my favourite new addition is definitely Select Protein though, quality protein source that tastes phenomenal.

Worst:
Anabolic Designs product Ravenous seemed to do nothing but cause GI distress and make me sick with continued use.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bias alert: Best - PF3 by MAN Sports. Un*****ed recovery and lean growth.

Best non-MAN - Cellucor Cor-fetti protein. Found a recipe for a Cor-fetti protein cake with Cor-fetti icing and it's been a fun breakfast/snack.

Worst - Jack3d Micro. (2013? Can't remember.) 10 scoops in and I dumped it. Did absolutely nothing for me. In fairness, Jack3d Advanced is a much better product IMO.

Younglifter16

Awards
worst: betaine HCL powder from a smart provider of powders... was labeled as betaine anhydrous. Lets just say taking 3 grams of this stuff on an empty stomach made me feel sick as **** each time until I realized they mislabeled their own product. Still awaiting my refund.

best: alphamine, reduce xt

dissapointment but not worst: oxyelite vanilla protein. Taste was very average for a vanilla, not bad, but not great

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
of supps I tired within the last year

best: high volume
worst: versa 1

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
worst: betaine HCL powder from a smart provider of powders... was labeled as betaine anhydrous. Lets just say taking 3 grams of this stuff on an empty stomach made me feel sick as **** each time until I realized they mislabeled their own product. Still awaiting my refund.best: alphamine, reduce xtdissapointment but not worst: oxyelite vanilla protein. Taste was very average for a vanilla, not bad, but not great
I stopped ordering from SP. My last Betaine was over one year expired, and my last THREE orders were all missing products. It's a joke now that mike stopped working with them

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Best product: PES Select Protein or New Erase Pro
Best non-PES product: Burn24 or X-gels
Worst Product: Nature's Best (?) Capsicum...burned a hole through my GI tract

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Best Product: PES Amino IV (buying more at midnight :wink1:)
Worst Product: Giant Sports Cookies and Creme protein(absolutely disgusting...in fact, I returned it and I have never returned a product)

Philosophy

Philosophy

Awards
  • Established
Best of 2013: TMG pre workout and Agmatine pre bed; both are staple musts.

Worst of 2013: Vanillean

exrugger

Awards
Best: reduce xt and pump igniter
-reduce xt works for me every time, no stims either which is a nice addition to any cutting stack
-pump igniter is by far my favorite pre workout so far- I really liked the agmatine addition to this pre workout

Worst: DAA and Vanillean
-probably just me but DAA just caused mood swings and zero difference in performance
-vanillean I took a whole bottle while dieting and noticed no results beyond what would be ecpectes for normal dieting/training however I will say raspberry ketone type products don't do it for me

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Best: Alphamax by far, most effective latest testosterone booster launched
Worst: Can not comment

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What does agmatine do pre bed? Also yeh what did you notice on vanillean?
It may act as a GDA, which can potentially increase the depth of ones sleep through increased GH pulse during the night.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Best - High Volume, Select Protein

Worst - bulk DAA.

Looking forward to in 2014:

Running ArA with all the goodies
Analyzed Supplements new Releases
New PES ________!
Anything evomuse

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best: ArA or Select Protein

Worst: Bulk DAA

Philosophy

Philosophy

Awards
  • Established
Some words on vanillean and why you hated it?
What does agmatine do pre bed?

Also yeh what did you notice on vanillean?
The only effect I noticed from the vanillean was a warmer body the first few times pre exercise, not really thermogenic just warmth. This effect subsided and through 2 bottles I didn't notice increased fat loss or body comp effects. The day after I bought it Cooper made a post on its under dosed and relatively ineffective ingredients, well those comments were true.

For body composition TMG at 3g has been special for me, very underrated. Note though it has been continuous use.

I take Agmatine and LCLT pre bed and my sleep is much deeper with them, leading to a greater GH release. I wake up refreshed and my body always requires a nice stretch which I have not had recently, I also feel taller after continuous use; albeit I am 23 and still probably growing. In saying that, I am sure agmatine has played a role in assisting growth with the improved sleep.

jaakonpallo

Awards
I stopped ordering from SP. My last Betaine was over one year expired, and my last THREE orders were all missing products. It's a joke now that mike stopped working with them
they have really gone down hill, was wondering why but now it makes sense, got a welcome back offer while ago sent to my email but looking at their facebook it seems everything i went through with them with my last orders is happening with others aswell now..note to international byers= avoid them like plague.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wondering, when did Mike leave?. My last or from them I purchased MCC on sale. They are all pretty close to expiration, I emailed them with questions but never got a response.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just wondering, when did Mike leave?. My last or from them I purchased MCC on sale. They are all pretty close to expiration, I emailed them with questions but never got a response.
He still owns it but he's had someone else running it for over a year now

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
i take Agmatine and LCLT pre bed and my sleep is much deeper with them, leading to a greater GH release. I wake up refreshed and my body always requires a nice stretch which I have not had recently, I also feel taller after continuous use
Lolwut

them

Awards
Thanks for your post Phil,

Are you able to locate Coopers post regarding the underdosing, I am curious which ingredients he thinks are. Cheers

The only effect I noticed from the vanillean was a warmer body the first few times pre exercise, not really thermogenic just warmth. This effect subsided and through 2 bottles I didn't notice increased fat loss or body comp effects. The day after I bought it Cooper made a post on its under dosed and relatively ineffective ingredients, well those comments were true.

For body composition TMG at 3g has been special for me, very underrated. Note though it has been continuous use.

I take Agmatine and LCLT pre bed and my sleep is much deeper with them, leading to a greater GH release. I wake up refreshed and my body always requires a nice stretch which I have not had recently, I also feel taller after continuous use; albeit I am 23 and still probably growing. In saying that I am sure agmatine has played a role in assisting growth with the improved sleep.

Loudy Rowdy

Loudy Rowdy

Awards
for 2013...

Best: Potassium Nitrate

Worst:....rather not say....

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

touchless21

Awards
  • Established
Best: ARA - Very noticeable effects Worst: (not new) PowerFull, I think

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Ahhhh... It's the minions

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
didn't really try many new supplements this year, tropinol xp really impressed me though

as for worst: alphamine and dnp x2...at least dnp x2 worked but made me feel like death...alphamine was just a waste

rreppert1

Awards
  • Established
Best : Enhanced

Worst : AX Supersize ( Absolutely hated this )

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Best: alphamine or ABE

Worst: OEP (purple lid version)

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Take it for what it's worth, as I said I'm still probably growing regardless of the supplementation...no need to disregard the rest of my post....
I find it works well as a GDA before sleep like any other GDA.

Loudy Rowdy

Loudy Rowdy

Awards
Loudy and the iForce reps do a pretty good job staying unbiased. .....
Thanks...I really didnt venture much outside of Iforce for 2013. I would say 2 run bottle of Erase was fantastic but its not a "2013 product".

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2013 in Supplements:

The good:
-SNS X-gels (Bringing the price of ARA down for everyone)
-Athletix High Volume (Insane value)

The bad:
-Bioinactive peptides

The ugly:
-The entire laughable BPI Jay Cutler supplement line
-MHP Myo-x

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It's pretty funny that all the reps post that their products were the best but they don't have the balls to post which products were the worst. Their reply "Rather not say" is hilarious. I think they need to grow some and post the worst they tried in 2013.
It's more of just a respect thing - no need to trash other reps products as it will turn into some tangent argument.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's more of just a respect thing - no need to trash other reps products as it will turn into some tangent argument.
You are right but for me as a consumer I tend not to spend my money on products that reps over hype. I realize that they are doing their job but imo they should tone it down some.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You are right but for me as a consumer I tend not to spend my money on products that reps over hype. I realize that they are doing their job but imo they should tone it down some.
Yeah, I 100% understand... I suppose there's a fine line.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Best: Alphamax, Best results I've ever had on a t booster.
Best Non Performax: Alphamine
Worst: No comment, lol