Betaine HCL

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Started taking betaine hcl to aid in digestion and reduce gas and bloating.

The gas has pretty much stopped, but the bloating has now increased - more so distention in the upper abdomen after meals that remains for hours.

I have 650mg capsules by soloray with pepsin. I take two caps with largest meal, and 1 cap with a smaller meal. Both meals cause this distention.

I never felt the tell tale burning sensation you are supposed to feel to know what your proper dose is supposed to be. I'm not sure if I'm taking too much or too little? All I know is this isn't what I was expecting when I read all the great stories of digestion help from betain hcl

Any ideas/suggestions?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go with Gut Health.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Morning or night. I went ahead and dosed mine at night.
Just read all ten pages of the gut health thread from the release. Someone made a good point of taking it in the AM so It travels down the furthest. But that's when I take the majority of other supps. I'm guessing that won't matter?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just read all ten pages of the gut health thread from the release. Someone made a good point of taking it in the AM so It travels down the furthest. But that's when I take the majority of other supps. I'm guessing that won't matter?
I don't see a problem with that. If I recall, I don't think timing was an issue as long as it was taken consistently at the same time.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
acidolpholous?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I don't see a problem with that. If I recall, I don't think timing was an issue as long as it was taken consistently at the same time.
I actually haven't heard of the idea for taking it at the same time every day. I suppose it makes sense, but what were the main reasonings behind that?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually haven't heard of the idea for taking it at the same time every day. I suppose it makes sense, but what were the main reasonings behind that?
This is now a hidden gut health thread

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
NOW enzymes along with a probiotic like gut health

Dogsoldier

Dogsoldier

Awards
Hummm...the continued or increasing bloating to the point of abdominal distention makes me wonder...have you been checked for a peptic ulcer?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hummm...the continued or increasing bloating to the point of abdominal distention makes me wonder...have you been checked for a peptic ulcer?
Nope, never focused much on stomach. For what it's worth, I did not take any today at all and feel amazing. Went to the bathroom twice as well with no issues and finally feel like I totally emptied my bowels for the first time since beginning use on Thursday. Today was a good day and in gonna return that stuff. I don't need it for sure. I also scheduled a colonoscopy as advised in another thread (family history of polyps and colon cancer at young she)

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not positive. There was a huge thread talking about it but I can't remember what exact thread.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I believe coop was involved in that thread heavily. I believe he reccomended 2.5 grams a day split in two doses

rosemont83

rosemont83

Awards
I believe coop was involved in that thread heavily. I believe he reccomended 2.5 grams a day split in two doses
No you are thinking betaine anhydrous/TMG not betaine HCL.
They are completely different.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are right. Sorry about that. I do believe he said use anhydrous over hcl
Correct. But OP is using Betaine HCL for different reasons than TMG.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Correct, but no longer.. Should I just delete the thread. I feel fine after
Stopping using it
Why betaine HCL for digestion? You realise the performance benefits of betaine come from TMG right?

Just use enzymes over HCL. Or, let your body digest food.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why betaine HCL for digestion? You realise the performance benefits of betaine come from TMG right?

Just use enzymes over HCL. Or, let your body digest food.
I'm not using it anymore