Betaine HCL


  1. Started taking betaine hcl to aid in digestion and reduce gas and bloating.

    The gas has pretty much stopped, but the bloating has now increased - more so distention in the upper abdomen after meals that remains for hours.

    I have 650mg capsules by soloray with pepsin. I take two caps with largest meal, and 1 cap with a smaller meal. Both meals cause this distention.

    I never felt the tell tale burning sensation you are supposed to feel to know what your proper dose is supposed to be. I'm not sure if I'm taking too much or too little? All I know is this isn't what I was expecting when I read all the great stories of digestion help from betain hcl

    Any ideas/suggestions?
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"


  2. Stop taking so many pills.
    S.N.S. Rep

    T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com

  3. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Stop taking so many pills.
    Dammit t bone
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    •   
       


  4. Go with Gut Health.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com

  5. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Go with Gut Health.
    Just read the write up.. Seems extremely promising. When do you take it?
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"

  6. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Just read the write up.. Seems extremely promising. When do you take it?
    Morning or night. I went ahead and dosed mine at night.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post

    Morning or night. I went ahead and dosed mine at night.
    Just read all ten pages of the gut health thread from the release. Someone made a good point of taking it in the AM so It travels down the furthest. But that's when I take the majority of other supps. I'm guessing that won't matter?
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"

  8. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Just read all ten pages of the gut health thread from the release. Someone made a good point of taking it in the AM so It travels down the furthest. But that's when I take the majority of other supps. I'm guessing that won't matter?
    I don't see a problem with that. If I recall, I don't think timing was an issue as long as it was taken consistently at the same time.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com

  9. acidolpholous?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions

  10. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    I don't see a problem with that. If I recall, I don't think timing was an issue as long as it was taken consistently at the same time.
    I actually haven't heard of the idea for taking it at the same time every day. I suppose it makes sense, but what were the main reasonings behind that?
    PES - Physique Enhancing Science

  11. Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    I actually haven't heard of the idea for taking it at the same time every day. I suppose it makes sense, but what were the main reasonings behind that?
    This is now a hidden gut health thread
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"

  12. NOW enzymes along with a probiotic like gut health
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  13. Hummm...the continued or increasing bloating to the point of abdominal distention makes me wonder...have you been checked for a peptic ulcer?

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Dogsoldier View Post
    Hummm...the continued or increasing bloating to the point of abdominal distention makes me wonder...have you been checked for a peptic ulcer?
    Nope, never focused much on stomach. For what it's worth, I did not take any today at all and feel amazing. Went to the bathroom twice as well with no issues and finally feel like I totally emptied my bowels for the first time since beginning use on Thursday. Today was a good day and in gonna return that stuff. I don't need it for sure. I also scheduled a colonoscopy as advised in another thread (family history of polyps and colon cancer at young she)
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"

  15. Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    I actually haven't heard of the idea for taking it at the same time every day. I suppose it makes sense, but what were the main reasonings behind that?
    Not positive. There was a huge thread talking about it but I can't remember what exact thread.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com

  16. I believe coop was involved in that thread heavily. I believe he reccomended 2.5 grams a day split in two doses

  17. Quote Originally Posted by mechka_grizli View Post
    I believe coop was involved in that thread heavily. I believe he reccomended 2.5 grams a day split in two doses
    No you are thinking betaine anhydrous/TMG not betaine HCL.
    They are completely different.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by rosemont83 View Post

    No you are thinking betaine anhydrous/TMG not betaine HCL.
    They are completely different.
    You are right. Sorry about that. I do believe he said use anhydrous over hcl

  19. Quote Originally Posted by mechka_grizli View Post
    You are right. Sorry about that. I do believe he said use anhydrous over hcl
    Correct. But OP is using Betaine HCL for different reasons than TMG.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com

  20. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post

    Correct. But OP is using Betaine HCL for different reasons than TMG.
    Correct, but no longer.. Should I just delete the thread. I feel fine after
    Stopping using it
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"

  21. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post

    Correct, but no longer.. Should I just delete the thread. I feel fine after
    Stopping using it
    Why betaine HCL for digestion? You realise the performance benefits of betaine come from TMG right?

    Just use enzymes over HCL. Or, let your body digest food.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

    Why betaine HCL for digestion? You realise the performance benefits of betaine come from TMG right?

    Just use enzymes over HCL. Or, let your body digest food.
    I'm not using it anymore
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Betaine HCL (120 caps)
    By Ari Gold in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 12:20 PM
  2. Stomach Acid/HCL Betaine
    By colange2 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-27-2010, 01:39 AM
  3. Betaine HCL - Maltodextrin and Carbs
    By clr18287 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-20-2009, 07:40 AM
Log in
Log in