Arimistane and 7-Oxo-DHEA

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Arimistane and 7-Oxo-DHEA

Hi guys, been a long time member, but this is my first post. I am curious about some things and hope I am in the correct forum.

I am about to start a 6 week run of 11-Sterone with some 3,5 Diiodothyronine that I had lying around. I ran the 11-Sterone a while back for about 7 weeks, starting at 300 mg and working my way up to about a gram in the final week. Honestly, below 750 mg, I didn't really notice anything from it, but once I got above 750 mg I felt that things were starting to happen. I'm going to spend the next cycle above 750 mg. and throw in about 600-900 mcg of 3,5 Diiodothyronine with it and I expect this will give me a decent recomp effect - or at least I hope it will.

Since I am using such large doses of 11-Sterone, I am going to be using a serm for 4 weeks after the cycle ends and was planning on throwing in some Erase (arimistane), 7-oxo-DHEA and Forskolin, with the hope that I will be helping my test return to normal, but also support my thyroid with this protocol.

I was planning on 400 mg of 7-oxo-DHEA/day but may bump that to 600 mg if anyone thinks that would help (I know there are issues with bio-availability). Forskolin will be probably around 150-200 mg/day. And I figured I'd probably be looking for about 75-100 mg of arimistane.

The arimistane is the one product which I have never used, so I've been researching more, and I found that it is also known as something like 3-deoxy-7-oxo-DHEA - which I found interesting.

I know almost nothing about chemistry and even less about all this nomenclature. It seems to me that Arimistane and 7-oxo are very different compounds, but the nomenclature caught my eye- how different are these products?

2. Registered User
    Answers

Arimistane is 3-deSoxy-7-oxo-dhea.

As for your plan, keep in mind that 7-oxo-dhea/arimistane will continue to suppress 11b-HSD1, which is the primary target of 11-oxo. This isn't a bad thing per se, but something to note
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for the reply, and the correction Mr. Cooper.

My thinking on the 7-oxo is that it is "weaker" in reducing cortisol, and will help me to keep any fat loss that I've obtained with the 11-oxo, while recovering and that it may also help get my thyroid hormone production back in line at the same time (although I think 7-OH may be better at this?). I know this is probably wishful thinking. Do you think that it would be better to take the 7-oxo with the 11-oxo at the same time, wait until I am done with PCT and then use the 7-oxo, or just scrap it all together?

And thanks for the correction - but the question still remains, what does the 3-desoxy group do to change the nature of 7-oxo-DHEA? I know this is probably complex, but I'm just looking for what I can get and trying to understand how stacking 3-desoxy-oxo-DHEA with 7-oxo-DHEA may have any benefit.

Thanks again!
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 7-oxo-DHEA and 7-keto-DHEA doses
    By nattydisaster in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 12:37 AM
  2. 7-OXO-DHEA
    By Spitdeath in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 02:22 PM
  3. 7-OXO-DHEA any try this?
    By spoofy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 05:22 PM
  4. First cycle- T-1 Final and 6-oxo dosing?
    By Cruehead in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-13-2003, 10:45 PM
  5. liqui-clomid and 6-oxo
    By andro69 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2003, 03:37 PM