Help with exercise and diet induced stress

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Hello chaps,

Here's the situation. I have been trying to diet down now for several weeks, following IF and using various stims along the way, including Yohimbine. On Monday last week I did a fasted weights and cardio session. Later that evening I noticed my heart rate was still elevated and I had problems sleeping; fell asleep around 4am. When I awoke, my hear rate was still elevated by around 10 - 15 beats per minute, my heart beat also felt stronger. So I stopped all physical activity for three days, during which time my resting heart rate lowered and my sleep improved. Yesterday I had a light fasted weights session after consuming one scoop of Alphamine and one capsule of Alpha T2 and again my heart rate remained elevated throughout the day despite eating immediately after my weights and cardio session; I also struggled to sleep again, falling sleeping around 4am. I will now stop all physical activity for another few days, but I was wondering what supplement would be best to both help me recover and attenuate cortisol and adrenaline release. I want to resume training as soon as possible.

Coop mentioned that Abdilerate Ammo reduces systemic cortisol, so would this be my best option in helping me to relax and sleep in the evening?

Any advice at all welcome.

Thanks

S.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It sounds like you're having adverse reactions to the Yohimbe alkaloid that PES uses. Have you used any Yohimbe products in the past?

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like you're having adverse reactions to the Yohimbe alkaloid that PES uses. Have you used any Yohimbe products in the past?
Thanks for the input Aaron. I don't think it is that as I have used Alphamine in the past without any problems. However, I have been using Yohimbine for several weeks at around 20mg daily with other stims and training fasted whilst on a defecit. I wonder whether this particular combination has constantly activated my adrenal response.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Same question about yohimbe products. Did it feel like a panic attack or were you just unable to sleep?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Is that 20mg of Yohimbine in conjunction with Alphamine?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Is that 20mg of Yohimbine in conjunction with Alphamine?
No way.... not that stupid! I only started Alphamine yesterday. For a few weeks I was taking around 20mg yohimbine in two doses, so 10mg per dose. I took Alphamine and AT2 after a three day break from stims and training.

I like reduce XT for cort control, but abdilerate might be a better option.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
No way.... not that stupid! I only started Alphamine yesterday. For a few weeks I was taking around 20mg yohimbine in two doses, so 10mg per dose. I took Alphamine and AT2 after a three day break from stims and training.

I like reduce XT for cort control, but abdilerate might be a better option.
Come off the stims first before throwing a hormone modulator into the mix. Workout as per usual and try isolate the cause

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Come off the stims first before throwing a hormone modulator into the mix. Workout as per usual and try isolate the cause
Good point! Gut feel is that it was the stims whilst fasted because the training was very light yesterday.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
You don't want to lower cortisol release my friend. Cortisol is the hormone that helps you deal with stress; it is not the cause​ of stress. Reducing it may exacerbate your situation

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
You don't want to lower cortisol release my friend. Cortisol is the hormone that helps you deal with stress; it is not the cause of stress. Reducing it may exacerbate your situation
Thanks coop. What do you suggest? I will take a further few days of from the gym and maybe go stim free for a while (use F-95, shift and Burn24) when I return to the gym.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
You don't want to lower cortisol release my friend. Cortisol is the hormone that helps you deal with stress; it is not the cause of stress. Reducing it may exacerbate your situation
Also, it is either cortisol or adrenaline keeping me awake at night. Wouldn't taking it in the evening help? What about Relora and sensoril?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thanks coop. What do you suggest? I will take a further few days of from the gym and maybe go stim free for a while (use F-95, shift and Burn24) when I return to the gym.

Also, it is either cortisol or adrenaline keeping me awake at night. Wouldn't taking it in the evening help? What about Relora and sensoril?
It is much more complex than this. It could be many things: epinephrine, norepinephrine, adenosine antagonism, serotonin receptor blockade, etc

Go stim-free to start

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
It is much more complex than this. It could be many things: epinephrine, norepinephrine, adenosine antagonism, serotonin receptor blockade, etc

Go stim-free to start
As always thanks mate. Could I use non stim stack I suggested?

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I'd do forskolin-95, burn24, and something like Relora
Sorry coop, another quick question. Would it be better to lay off the f-95 initially as it causes quite a rise in cortisol according to the limited research I've done.

Thanks

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Sorry coop, another quick question. Would it be better to lay off the f-95 initially as it causes quite a rise in cortisol according to the limited research I've done.

Thanks
This is:

A. Negligible
B. You're not following me here. Cortisol is a response to stress. It does not cause stress..it fights to reduce it.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
This is:

A. Negligible
B. You're not following me here. Cortisol is a response to stress. It does not cause stress..it fights to reduce it.
No I hear what you're saying. But if you've been under stress for a long time via a calorie defecit, IF and stimulant use then could you be in a situation where your cortisol is constantly elevated even when not under stress.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
No I hear what you're saying. But if you've been under stress for a long time via a calorie defecit, IF and stimulant use then could you be in a situation where your cortisol is constantly elevated even when not under stress.
No, you're under stress. It's just chronic stress. IF and stimulant use don't contribute to that, but a caloric deficit does