BPI Sports BLOX and Silk Amino Acids

  1. New Member
    Monte Brogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    101158
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    19.08%

    BPI Sports BLOX and Silk Amino Acids


    Embarrassed to admit but this is the first time I've heard the term "Silk Amino Acids."

    Any thoughts on this product?

    Monte

  2. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,487
    Rep Power
    1214966
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    18.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Monte Brogan View Post
    Embarrassed to admit but this is the first time I've heard the term "Silk Amino Acids."

    Any thoughts on this product?

    Monte
    Waste of money.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  3. New Member
    Philosophy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    175685
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    73.47%

    This was covered in a long thread in the past.

    Just take BCAAs + EAAs pre workout and profit.
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,232
    Rep Power
    4582818
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    32.78%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    i wouldnt use it. i really enjoyed my run with Endurance as my BCAA product. Taste is top notch. no joke.
  5. New Member
    Monte Brogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    101158
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    19.08%

    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophy View Post
    This was covered in a long thread in the past.

    Just take BCAAs + EAAs pre workout and profit.
    Thanks. I saw a thread that was critical of BPI but missed the one(s) about BLOX. Checked Examine.com for info about SAAs. Doesn't appear to be any data supporting anabolism.

    I suppose it will still sell because Jay is pushing it...

    Monte
  6. New Member
    Monte Brogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    101158
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    19.08%

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    i wouldnt use it. i really enjoyed my run with Endurance as my BCAA product. Taste is top notch. no joke.
    R1, thanks. Who makes Endurance? First time I've heard of it.Thanks,Monte
  7. Senior Member
    De__eB's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,086
    Rep Power
    1955313
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    99.88%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityPosting ProActivity Pro

    BPI is not selling 'Silk Amino Acids', or at least, they're not selling the protein that was studied.

    Sericin (The silk protein you're looking for) is a peptide which follows the amino acid sequence: SSTGS SSNTD SNSNS AGSST TYGYS SNSRD GSV

    The BPI product is simply bulk Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, and Threonine.
    SNS Representative - DeeB@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  8. Senior Member
    koi1214's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,846
    Rep Power
    5322350
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    83.1%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Monte Brogan View Post
    R1, thanks. Who makes Endurance? First time I've heard of it.Thanks,Monte
    Fahrenheit Nutrition makes it. Just click on to Endurance in R1's post and it takes you right to the reviews.
  9. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,232
    Rep Power
    4582818
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    32.78%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by koi1214 View Post
    Fahrenheit Nutrition makes it. Just click on to Endurance in R1's post and it takes you right to the reviews.

    Formutech Nutrition
  10. New Member
    Monte Brogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    101158
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    19.08%

    Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    BPI is not selling 'Silk Amino Acids', or at least, they're not selling the protein that was studied.

    Sericin (The silk protein you're looking for) is a peptide which follows the amino acid sequence: SSTGS SSNTD SNSNS AGSST TYGYS SNSRD GSV

    The BPI product is simply bulk Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, and Threonine.
    Deeb, thank you very much for your input. Would you agree with the other posters in this thread and steer clear of the BPI BLOX product?

    Monte
  11. New Member
    Monte Brogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    101158
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    19.08%

    Quote Originally Posted by koi1214 View Post
    Fahrenheit Nutrition makes it. Just click on to Endurance in R1's post and it takes you right to the reviews.
    Koi, thanks very much.Monte
  12. New Member
    Monte Brogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    101158
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    19.08%

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    Formutech Nutrition
    R1, thanks for confirming. First time I'm hearing of this product - will look into it.Monte
  13. Senior Member
    De__eB's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,086
    Rep Power
    1955313
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    99.88%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityPosting ProActivity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Monte Brogan View Post
    Deeb, thank you very much for your input. Would you agree with the other posters in this thread and steer clear of the BPI BLOX product?

    Monte
    Sure would.
    SNS Representative - DeeB@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  14. New Member
    Monte Brogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    101158
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    19.08%

    Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    Sure would.
    Thanks, Deeb. Appreciate the comments.Monte
  15. New Member
    ericool007's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    436
    Rep Power
    181013
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    56.82%

    I wouldnt spend the money on them but unlike a lot of "BS" supplements if someone gave me some Blox i would have no problem using them, best Amino Acid supplement taste wise out there imo.
  16. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,229
    Rep Power
    6721915
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    52.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Anything BPI is a joke.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  17. New Member
    Monte Brogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    101158
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    19.08%

    Quote Originally Posted by ericool007 View Post
    I wouldnt spend the money on them but unlike a lot of "BS" supplements if someone gave me some Blox i would have no problem using them, best Amino Acid supplement taste wise out there imo.
    Eric, I've actually heard that from a few people now. Have to admit I'm a bit curious.

    Monte
  18. New Member
    ericool007's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    436
    Rep Power
    181013
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    56.82%

    Quote Originally Posted by Monte Brogan View Post
    Eric, I've actually heard that from a few people now. Have to admit I'm a bit curious.

    Monte
    1 scoop of the blue makes my water taste better than a blue powerade zero lol i have never believed in these silk aminos but made for some refreshing intra workouts when i added a little bit of LCLT and agmatine.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What are SAA's (Silk Amino Acids)???
    By ScottyDoc in forum Finaflex-Redefine Nutrition
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-19-2013, 09:16 PM
  2. Silk Amino Acids (SAA)
    By the gym rat in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2012, 01:47 PM
  3. For Sale: Modern BCAA and Jak3d (Amino Acids)
    By MAxximal in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 11:23 AM
  4. For Sale: Universal Animal Nitro and Omega (Amino Acids)
    By jazzman21 in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 06:12 PM
  5. For Sale: Nutraplanet Items for sale and trade (Amino Acids)
    By clownbaby in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 10:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in