Why the onslaught of powder vitamins?

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Agreed ~ Luckily they will still continue to make the OT in tabs
    I thought they we're discontinuing - good to know!

2. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Well, now the pills suck and the powder is better!. I'd just wait a few months until something else is considered better.
    Suppositories?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post

Cause chugging down nasty tasting ot powder ( mo) is more convenient than taking 6 pills? Not for me. I don't take ot, but I have tried ot greens and do not like.

To each their own
    The simple math went over your head. OT is 6 pills, and greens are usually 6+. That = 12+. Tato.
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."
  4. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    The simple math went over your head. OT is 6 pills, and greens are usually 6+. That = 12+. Tato.
    1st we must ask ourselves why the hell youu need a greens products.

2nd, does said green product improve your big 3? Show me where it does? I'd rather just obtain my nutrients through whole food but you keep chugging that green sht bro

5. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post

1st we must ask ourselves why the hell youu need a greens products.

2nd, does said green product improve your big 3? Show me where it does? I'd rather just obtain my nutrients through whole food but you keep chugging that green sht bro
    That has nothing to do with what I said. You're reaching. Bbing.com--->that way
    Training Log
    •   

6. smoker145

That has nothing to do with what I said. You're reaching. Bbing.com--->that way
    Lol that's funny. I'll give ya that.

But since when is taking pills the great inconvenience? This is supplements were talking about right?

To each their own again, but I'd rather have the great " inconvenience" of taking pills than the apparent convenience of drinking poor tasting supplements.

Don't you take fish oil soft gels? Why you no drink it ?

7. Quote Originally Posted by smoker145 View Post
    1st we must ask ourselves why the hell youu need a greens products. 2nd, does said green product improve your big 3? Show me where it does? I'd rather just obtain my nutrients through whole food but you keep chugging that green sht bro
    I guess that's why it's a "supplement" to your diet.
    BOARD TYRANT | TEAM GET DIESEL | GETDIESEL.COM
    FeFiFo.com support
    DIESEL TEST = Underground Kings of Test elevation!

8. smoker145

Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    I guess that's why it's a "supplement" to your diet.
    Greens are a waste of money. Can't get enough protein? Ok, understandable. Can't get enough greens so you gotta chug nasty sht? Lol

9. I hope everyone knows if coop didn't say that he would be silent. All of his supplement opinions are from No Hype or Coop. He never researched himself and is starting for the sake of arguing like a woman. Check his posts history on each forum. I'm done with this thread.
    Training Log

10. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    I hope everyone knows if coop didn't say that he would be silent. All of his supplement opinions are from No Hype or Coop. He never researched himself and is starting for the sake of arguing like a woman. Check his posts history on each forum. I'm done with this thread.
    He who?
    SNS Representative - [email protected] .com

11. Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post

He who?
    Polesmoker

Edit: now I'm done
    Training Log
  12. smoker145

Polesmoker Edit: now I'm done
    So now were making fun of my nationality?

Where's your Christmas spirit?

13. Quote Originally Posted by KevinJackson View Post
    you can Google it
    you certainly like that line don't you? in your very brief time (and 22 posts) on this forum, I've seen you say that more than once

at 6'0 and 95lbs, perhaps you should google "food"

14. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    you certainly like that line don't you? in your very brief time (and 22 posts) on this forum, I've seen you say that more than once at 6'0 and 95lbs, perhaps you should google "food"
    Lol
    BOARD TYRANT | TEAM GET DIESEL | GETDIESEL.COM
    FeFiFo.com support
    DIESEL TEST = Underground Kings of Test elevation!

15. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Bingo
    For once we agree I'm just teasing, I appreciate your extensive knowledge and contributions to these forums! Happy holidays Coop
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!

16. Just to put my couple cents in the conversation, I take orange triad pills and I have a tub of the powdered version. I wasn't going to use the powder till later but this thread made me crack it open to try. It's actually not bad at all. It's not too sweet and taste like it should, orange. Pills are more convenient most of the time but I actually think I'll still order the powder on and off because I like it.

17. I was interested in moving to a powdered multi but I have to consider that I already use many powders (pwo, sometimes a intra and 2 or 3 shakes a day) so maybe pill (not tabs) are the best option for me altough powder should have a very strong motif: price

18. The presumption that powder multi's are being made because of the Australian market may not be the exact reason. True that powders are classified as 'food supplements' so go through the australian food agency for compliance as opposed to the government puppets the TGA that require a full analysis of pill/tablet supplement ingredients + labels before providing a listed number. Then a tab/pill product would require very large sales as a minimum run could be 5000/10000 of 1 pill product.

So, the only products certified in pills are normally weight loss. As sales in that area are normally very large.

From the 3 companies listed from the OP only 1 brand is imported to Australia and that's Gaspari Anavite which has been a flop in sales since it's change over from tablets.

No other multi vitamin in powder is imported to Australia (that i'm aware of) from a wholesaler.

Is it possible it's much cheaper for brands to run powder supplements and not pay for the extra costs of making pills or tablets?

What about sales in America? are powders leading the way over pills?

19. All of the products are literally brand new in the past couple of months, so I couldn't tell you how sales have been.
    SNS Representative - [email protected] .com

20. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Because I, like 99% of other posters here, don't have pancreatic insufficiency

I completely agree, I have greens voluntarily out of sheer taste. But that may just be because of how my parents raised me and the palette I developed.
    Not me. I grew up on hot pockets, pizza bites, chef boyardee, etc. My parents house never had veggies in it besides corn and lettuce. Never was forced to eat veggies or even exposed to them. As an adult now trying to increase my intake of greens I find it difficult. I guess it is an aquired taste that I havent really aquired yet. Any veggies I eat I have to consciously force myself to eat
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

21. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    As an adult now trying to increase my intake of greens I find it difficult. I guess it is an aquired taste that I havent really aquired yet.
    not an acquired taste, rather an acquired mindset
    your story/lack of dietary intake is the same as half of this country..serious epidemic of ppl not consuming any veggies, let alone enough of them
    don't wait around to start "liking" and enjoying green veggies/veggies in general; simply make a habit to place in your meals every day
    do it long enough, it becomes habit you don't have to consciously remember..then that is how you build "acquired taste" if it is gonna happen -- no guarantee that you will ever LIKE it, some ppl simply never will

22. I like grilled brussel sprouts, green beans and asparagus. thats about it in the green veggie department
    PESCIENCE.COM

23. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I like grilled brussel sprouts, green beans and asparagus. thats about it in the green veggie department
    I'm not a huge vege fan, but I eat alot of them. Baby peas i love, salads and a few other things but to make ones i dont like bareable, i have to get create.

I find all in one meals help a lot. Instead of having 3 components on a dish,mix them up and have 1 combined meal.

I fry my veges as well in a little bit of salt and herbs and mix in chicken and a sauce.

Add veges to omeletes or shakes; add spinach to shakes via ice cubes.

Make pea puree or pimpkin puree to foods.

I have a salad (lettuce usually romaine or kale, tomato, cucumber, capsaicum, grated whole carrot, avacado, olive oil, watercress) most days in a wrap and then other veges for dinner in a stirfry.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

24. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    I find all in one meals help a lot. Instead of having 3 components on a dish,mix them up and have 1 combined meal.

I fry my veges as well in a little bit of salt and herbs and mix in chicken and a sauce.
    Same here. I don't always fry my vegetables, but mix them with meat, spices, and sauce (rice as well for higher carb meals).
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

25. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

Same here. I don't always fry my vegetables, but mix them with meat, spices, and sauce (rice as well for higher carb meals).
    Definitely good ideas.

Dandelion leaves are good too

26. Hmm... perhaps we should start a non veggie lovers recipe thread? Get tips on how to increase veggie intake by sneaking them into meals
    PESCIENCE.COM

27. jasmine or basmati rice (or hell any kind of rice for that matter) is excellent with some lightly cooked green peppers chopped & added in
    oh hell yum..
    I throw green or colored peppers in a whole slew of things I make

28. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    jasmine or basmati rice (or hell any kind of rice for that matter) is excellent with some lightly cooked green peppers chopped & added in
    oh hell yum..
    I throw green or colored peppers in a whole slew of things I make
    Agreed fully.

All coloured peppers go down well with rice. Basmati rice + peppers + lemon chicken is a great, cheap meal.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Agreed fully.

All coloured peppers go down well with rice. Basmati rice + peppers + lemon chicken is a great, cheap meal.
    That's literally half my meals + some chopped onions (cooked of course).

30. Lemon chicken?
    PESCIENCE.COM

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Does vitamin D reduce the risk of cancer?
    By yeahright in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-13-2006, 12:37 AM
  2. whats the absorbtion of oral vitamins ?
    By WATERLOGGED in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2006, 06:25 PM
  3. My PH powder is stuck to the top of T-gel
    By jefflong3323 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2004, 02:52 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 04:15 PM