Why the onslaught of powder vitamins? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Why the onslaught of powder vitamins?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post

He who?
    Polesmoker

Edit: now I'm done
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS

2. Registered User

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Polesmoker Edit: now I'm done
    So now were making fun of my nationality?

Where's your Christmas spirit?
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by KevinJackson View Post
    you can Google it
    you certainly like that line don't you? in your very brief time (and 22 posts) on this forum, I've seen you say that more than once

at 6'0 and 95lbs, perhaps you should google "food"
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    you certainly like that line don't you? in your very brief time (and 22 posts) on this forum, I've seen you say that more than once at 6'0 and 95lbs, perhaps you should google "food"
    Lol
    BOARD TYRANT
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Bingo
    For once we agree I'm just teasing, I appreciate your extensive knowledge and contributions to these forums! Happy holidays Coop
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
  6. New Member

Just to put my couple cents in the conversation, I take orange triad pills and I have a tub of the powdered version. I wasn't going to use the powder till later but this thread made me crack it open to try. It's actually not bad at all. It's not too sweet and taste like it should, orange. Pills are more convenient most of the time but I actually think I'll still order the powder on and off because I like it.
  7. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I was interested in moving to a powdered multi but I have to consider that I already use many powders (pwo, sometimes a intra and 2 or 3 shakes a day) so maybe pill (not tabs) are the best option for me altough powder should have a very strong motif: price
  8. New Member

The presumption that powder multi's are being made because of the Australian market may not be the exact reason. True that powders are classified as 'food supplements' so go through the australian food agency for compliance as opposed to the government puppets the TGA that require a full analysis of pill/tablet supplement ingredients + labels before providing a listed number. Then a tab/pill product would require very large sales as a minimum run could be 5000/10000 of 1 pill product.

So, the only products certified in pills are normally weight loss. As sales in that area are normally very large.

From the 3 companies listed from the OP only 1 brand is imported to Australia and that's Gaspari Anavite which has been a flop in sales since it's change over from tablets.

No other multi vitamin in powder is imported to Australia (that i'm aware of) from a wholesaler.

Is it possible it's much cheaper for brands to run powder supplements and not pay for the extra costs of making pills or tablets?

What about sales in America? are powders leading the way over pills?
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

All of the products are literally brand new in the past couple of months, so I couldn't tell you how sales have been.
    SNS Representative - DeeB@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  10. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Because I, like 99% of other posters here, don't have pancreatic insufficiency

I completely agree, I have greens voluntarily out of sheer taste. But that may just be because of how my parents raised me and the palette I developed.
    Not me. I grew up on hot pockets, pizza bites, chef boyardee, etc. My parents house never had veggies in it besides corn and lettuce. Never was forced to eat veggies or even exposed to them. As an adult now trying to increase my intake of greens I find it difficult. I guess it is an aquired taste that I havent really aquired yet. Any veggies I eat I have to consciously force myself to eat
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    As an adult now trying to increase my intake of greens I find it difficult. I guess it is an aquired taste that I havent really aquired yet.
    not an acquired taste, rather an acquired mindset
    your story/lack of dietary intake is the same as half of this country..serious epidemic of ppl not consuming any veggies, let alone enough of them
    don't wait around to start "liking" and enjoying green veggies/veggies in general; simply make a habit to place in your meals every day
    do it long enough, it becomes habit you don't have to consciously remember..then that is how you build "acquired taste" if it is gonna happen -- no guarantee that you will ever LIKE it, some ppl simply never will
  12. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I like grilled brussel sprouts, green beans and asparagus. thats about it in the green veggie department
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I like grilled brussel sprouts, green beans and asparagus. thats about it in the green veggie department
    I'm not a huge vege fan, but I eat alot of them. Baby peas i love, salads and a few other things but to make ones i dont like bareable, i have to get create.

I find all in one meals help a lot. Instead of having 3 components on a dish,mix them up and have 1 combined meal.

I fry my veges as well in a little bit of salt and herbs and mix in chicken and a sauce.

Add veges to omeletes or shakes; add spinach to shakes via ice cubes.

Make pea puree or pimpkin puree to foods.

I have a salad (lettuce usually romaine or kale, tomato, cucumber, capsaicum, grated whole carrot, avacado, olive oil, watercress) most days in a wrap and then other veges for dinner in a stirfry.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    I find all in one meals help a lot. Instead of having 3 components on a dish,mix them up and have 1 combined meal.

I fry my veges as well in a little bit of salt and herbs and mix in chicken and a sauce.
    Same here. I don't always fry my vegetables, but mix them with meat, spices, and sauce (rice as well for higher carb meals).
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post

Same here. I don't always fry my vegetables, but mix them with meat, spices, and sauce (rice as well for higher carb meals).
    Definitely good ideas.

Dandelion leaves are good too
  16. Pro Virili Parte

Hmm... perhaps we should start a non veggie lovers recipe thread? Get tips on how to increase veggie intake by sneaking them into meals
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

jasmine or basmati rice (or hell any kind of rice for that matter) is excellent with some lightly cooked green peppers chopped & added in
    oh hell yum..
    I throw green or colored peppers in a whole slew of things I make
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    jasmine or basmati rice (or hell any kind of rice for that matter) is excellent with some lightly cooked green peppers chopped & added in
    oh hell yum..
    I throw green or colored peppers in a whole slew of things I make
    Agreed fully.

All coloured peppers go down well with rice. Basmati rice + peppers + lemon chicken is a great, cheap meal.
  19. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Agreed fully.

All coloured peppers go down well with rice. Basmati rice + peppers + lemon chicken is a great, cheap meal.
    That's literally half my meals + some chopped onions (cooked of course).
    PES
    http://facebook.com/pescience
  20. Pro Virili Parte

Lemon chicken?
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Lemon chicken?
    Yeah like slice up some chicken, add juice and zest from a lemon and cook. Often i'll wrap sliced chicken in tinfoil with those and bake then fry it off with ginger and more lemon lol.

Or make a sauce with a lemon base and add to a stirfry
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

^^ that's the best way to do lemon chicken for sure
    the generic version would be to use lemon pepper and maybe a squirt of lemon juice
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Lemon is not a favorite ingredient of mine. I think all restaurants put too much lemon on too many dishes.
    When I eat seafood, I like to taste the seafood, not lemon. My wife is tired of hearing about it too. I've tried to conform to the lemon love, but I guess I am a minority on that front.
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Oh with seafood definitely, lots of places cover up their bland, non-fresh seafood with extreme amounts of lemon and butter.
  25. Pro Virili Parte

I am about to go to a sushi buffett. Sushi is a vegetable right?
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.

I am about to go to a sushi buffett. Sushi is a vegetable right?
    The imitation fish most 'sushi' buffets use might be
  27. New Member

I suspect powdered MVs do have superior bioavailability to their highly compacted, tableted counterparts
    Yea its probably a safe bet to say that. Any estimate as to what the percentage difference would be (in terms of bioavailability)?
  28. Board Sponsor

I have a theory the phenomenon some refer to as "adrenal fatigue" is overtraining and nutrient deficiencies.

Our society is severely malnourished in a caloric positive state with exercise at an all time high...what a paradox
  29. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    -CL Orange Triad + Greens
    -Gaspari Anavite Powder
    -MTS Machine Greens + Multi

Just to name a few that come to mind.

Is there some force at play causing these to become more common from supp companies?
    Just another route. Some people hate swallowing big tablets...such as myself. I use the Now ADAM capsules over tablets. I can handle the Opti-Men tablets and thats my limit

Also, once one company puts out a product, companies who bank of others ideas quickly copy just in case its a good idea

Alphamine was the first marketed powdered fat burner, now everyone sells one, and its considered a new category at major supplement retailers
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Just another route. Some people hate swallowing big tablets...such as myself. I use the Now ADAM capsules over tablets. I can handle the Opti-Men tablets and thats my limit

Also, once one company puts out a product, companies who bank of others ideas quickly copy just in case its a good idea

Alphamine was the first marketed powdered fat burner, now everyone sells one, and its considered a new category at major supplement retailers
    The first?
  31. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.

Yup. The first with any significance
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Yup. The first with any significance
    There we go

(Because there was definitely a number of ****ty fat burner powders on the market before alphamine, they were just ****ty )
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Well you see PES released powder and it was so good that Australia changed their regulations.

Next everyone started doing powders and vitamins were just the next logical progression in this trendy industry.
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Additionally, ANIMAL has had 30 years of the top vitamin pak. It's a training pak for the record not your run of the gun multivitamin.

So back to the story, CL said well different' strokes' for different' folks' and put out powder.

Ya dig'
  35. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Additionally, ANIMAL has had 30 years of the top vitamin pak. It's a training pak for the record not your run of the gun multivitamin.

So back to the story, CL said well different' strokes' for different' folks' and put out powder.

Ya dig'
    Animal Pak is just Newbie bait. Newbs get excited over the pictures of the roided up guys in the animal advertisements. Animal Pak is a joke.
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  36. Registered User

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I like what animal does like sponsorships and such.
  37. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.

Animal Pak is a joke? Mmmm, don't know if I can agree with that statement/opinion. It may not be super stellar, but it's certainly not a joke either. Holding a grudge maybe?
  38. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    Animal Pak is a joke? Mmmm, don't know if I can agree with that statement/opinion. It may not be super stellar, but it's certainly not a joke either. Holding a grudge maybe?
    Its a huge joke...
    PES
    http://facebook.com/pescience
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Synapsin View Post
    Its a huge joke...
    sorta like your kill to death ratio in Halo
  40. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    Animal Pak really is a kitchen sink full of crap.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Does vitamin D reduce the risk of cancer?
    By yeahright in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2006, 11:37 PM
  2. whats the absorbtion of oral vitamins ?
    By WATERLOGGED in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2006, 05:25 PM
  3. My PH powder is stuck to the top of T-gel
    By jefflong3323 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2004, 01:52 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 03:15 PM